Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Television Discussion

Old 10-12-2019, 10:59   #1
oldskool
Trusted User

Crisis on Infinite Earths

We're two episodes in and I'm really enjoying the crossover so far, great to see Kevin Conroy playing an in flesh Bruce

I figured the crossover deserved it's own thread...

Last edited by oldskool; 10-12-2019 at 11:02.
oldskool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 11:26   #2
dunkle
Trusted User

Having given up on all the shows (or not even starting some) I have returned for the cross overs and have to admit this has me very excited.

I’ll wait til all are broadcast and binge I think
The last crossover event made it as a small bundle to Apple TV, be nice if this was too
dunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 13:19   #3
cliff homewood
Trusted User

If you are doing a thread, I don't follow any of the shows, but I do follow Constantine so seen all eps with him in, which eps of which shows do I need to watch for this crossover or for continuity purposes should I watch some of the other crossovers first?
cliff homewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 15:33   #4
oldskool
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliff homewood View Post
If you are doing a thread, I don't follow any of the shows, but I do follow Constantine so seen all eps with him in, which eps of which shows do I need to watch for this crossover or for continuity purposes should I watch some of the other crossovers first?
You can generally watch standalone...

Elseworlds last year did a fair bit of set up particularly with the:

and flash and arrow have been leading up to this in the first half of the season this year, but you can generally skip that as long as you know:

I confess, I've lost interest in arrow for the last 2/3 series so I'm not sure how that plays in but I know
has been appearing and talking to Oliver since Elseworlds but what about, I don't know, they have been swapping recipes for all I know.

That's it, I think...no Legends crossover to worry about although they feature in Crisis...

Other bits that feature from elsewhere that you don't need to worry about but you get a "that's ******* cool" when they turn up

The music is also really on point, lots of wonderful call backs and musical cues from the other franchises/movies - Particularly noticed the original Batman theme from the 89 movie and William's Superman motif

Last edited by oldskool; 10-12-2019 at 15:42.
Old 10-12-2019, 15:38   #5
Spaceranger2001
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliff homewood View Post
TBH you don't need to watch any of them to watch the Crisis, everything is explained in the crisis episodes themselves. The Flash and Arrow have the most Crisis linked stuff in their shows this season but its mostly talk in the Flash and a few missions in Arrow.

Supergirl has hardly mentioned it so no need to watch this season which has been bad compared to season 4.

Batwoman, please save yourself from watching this its truly the worst of the CW shows and Ruby Rose is out of her depth even in this cross over. She is about as menacing as a wet tea towel yet she can kick a man 1 and a half times her weight so he flips around in the air then drag men around like they are dummies.

The fight scene before she is recruited has so many quick cuts between punches and kicks it gave me a headache. Certainly nothing like the fight scenes in the Dark Knight and Batman Begins.
Spaceranger2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 06:20   #6
oldskool
Trusted User

Turns out the thing I didn't see happening absolutely did happen and

Did show up

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-2019, 08:45   #7
Hood
HipHopPotamus

So it seems that because there are no broadcasting rights for Batwoman you cannot legally watch this crossover event fully in the UK. What a waste of time.
Hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 13:49   #8
cliff homewood
Trusted User

Thanks for the warning Hood, will wait then. One day I'll have ot find out what the best crossover has been and watch it.
cliff homewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 20:17   #9
fivebyfive
Leave means lies

avoid youtube as it recommended me clips from the cross over and know all the guest stars without watching it just from the thumbnails
Old 03-01-2020, 15:05   #10
shteve
[o]EvilTwinkle

Watched the first 3 now, all good stuff. Liked the nod that