Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Television Discussion

Notices

Old 23-03-2010, 01:57   #1
Kryten
Administrator

24 s8e13 4:00AM - 5:00AM *** SPOILERS ***

Decent firefight. the idiot that didn't trust Jack paid the price though! As did the expendible other CTU guy. Jack takes two to the chest but still ok (just the vest) as Renee turns up.

Dodgy guy (Frank) from NSA! He really doesn't like Chloe's ideas Loads of techno babble though! then Chloe pulls a gun on him!

That whole Starbuck storyline will just not go away And then she attacks the parole officer guy and kills him inside CTU! WTF is she going to do with the body?

And guess what,, Starbuck is a mole! FFS people, how bad is CTU HR department with background checks? totally unelievable!

Last edited by Kryten; 23-03-2010 at 01:58.
Kryten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 10:57   #2
movaado
XBL: movaado

I was wondering why they were persisting with the boring Starbuck storyline - now we know. Cue Freddy P Jr doing something unknowingly to aid the terrorists to help her out...
movaado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 12:44   #3
LouBarlow
Retired Member

Do you type out your posts as you are watching it Kryten

Decent enough ep and good to have stroppy Chloe, followed by psycho-Chloe followed by classic-Chloe "I don't handle praise well"

Glad, in a way, that the whole Starbuck thing isn't just a crappy sub-plot in the end, although id would have been kinda cool for her just to be a mental killer lol
LouBarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 14:37   #4
Vman
Errrrrrr

notice how the parole officer still tried to get a grope in while being strangled
Old 23-03-2010, 15:02   #5
Richie
Trusted User

Just when you thought it couldn't get ANY worse!
Why are they doing this to us?
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 15:40   #6
Guest 2124
Trusted User

Don't often comment on this show but MY GOD! How terrible is the story becoming? I thought it was just about as bad as it could get and then they throw the "starbuck working for terrorists" cliche into the mix aswell.

It was like a double bluff by the 24 writers, they must have been thinking we've done the CTU agent working for the terrorists plot line to death, surely nobody would fall for it again! BOOM

PS I hope Jack doesn't let a silly little thing like a collapsed lung stop him from taking down the goatee bearded terrorist...
Guest 2124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 15:58   #7
Richie
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocco View Post
PS I hope Jack doesn't let a silly little thing like a collapsed lung stop him from taking down the goatee bearded terrorist...
What did Renee ever do to him?

Last edited by Richie; 23-03-2010 at 15:59.
Old 23-03-2010, 16:34   #8
Guest 38857
Wallflower

For a few seconds there I thought Starbuck was turning into 24's very own Dexter Morgan before she turned into the new Nina Myers.

To be fair to them, I didn't see it coming, even though it does all add up a lot better than previous ones - not least in how irritating her storyline has been otherwise. You can at least believe they planned it all along.
Guest 38857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 16:38   #9
Kryten
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouBarlow View Post
Do you type out your posts as you are watching it Kryten
Pretty much yes. I have a memory like a sieve and the forums goes for backup just after 24 airs so I have to get the post in quick or wait a while!
Old 23-03-2010, 16:53   #10
KennyVader
Insomniac

It was nice to see the terrorists recognise Jack Bauer before engaging him and exhibit a tiny bit of awe and fear at his reputation for once.

FFS the budget that 24 must have, why oh why oh why do they not spend just a few dollars on someone who knows even a little bit about IT to look over each episode's script and say "look that stuff you've got Chloe speaking is complete crap and half the audience is going to know it.". START A FIRE by tapping into the trunk line? WTF? Are they dealing with the computer out of Superman III or something? A trunk line is just a telephone line like any other, just a key one. It can't miraculously make all your computers boot up or fix your EMP'ed monitors, and it definitely can't cause a FIRE!

Don't worry about the ridiculous HR department that employs people like Starbuck, how about the insanity of your one and only backup being onsite? BASIC IT FAIL. As for that bloke bitching Chloe out about it being her fault that an EMP device took out CTU, err, didn't she only start work there a few hours ago?

Oh and how come the EMP device took out everything (even simple non-electronic tungsten lighting and the definitely non-electronic emergency lighting, somehow???) except Chloe's mobile phone (that she called Renee on). Has she got lead-lined pockets or something?

The complete comedy of them having power available to run servers and monitors and keyboards but still having to use LED torches because no single light was working

Renee was good with her little pistol against all the heavily armed militia though!

Poor Milton . He looked a bit like Chris Rea when Starbuck was offing him. I bet he's not dead. If he is it'll be disgraceful if Hastings doesn't wonder where he's gone and front door security can't say whether he's left or not.
KennyVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 18:37   #11
LouBarlow
Retired Member

Do CTU have their own ambulances? They were there within 2 seconds of the EMP going off

Also, they must be taking the **** with Jack now. He has been stabbed, tortured, shot at least 5 times, and now has a collapsed lung.....this all the while recovering from his near death biochemical weapon exposure last season
LouBarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 19:12   #12
Guest 1844
Ignore list: banus

Blimey, Starbuck is a Cylon. I'd never have guessed in a million years.
Guest 1844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 21:07   #13
Richie
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cha View Post
You can at least believe they planned it all along.
If you're a special.
Old 23-03-2010, 21:48   #14
sparkyrob
It was collateral damage

So now we have the star of one the Worst Subplots in 24 History working alongside the Most Boring Villain in 24 History. Every time Samir appears on screen, it's like somone's thrown a chair onto the set.

PsychoChloe was fun, but kudos to Director Stoopy for backing her up and sticking it to NSA (or Justice, or Division...they're all run by complete cocks).

Owen Redshirt and Johnny Redshirt both ignored Jack's advice, so both had to die. This is how 24 works. It was good to have Renee back though.

The less said about the twist, the better. No, really. It was ******* ridiculous. The one sole glimmer of hope is that Starbuck may actually get to show off her acting chops as Nina mk.2.

Bingo this week:

And so far:

Jack Bauer Kill Count (so far): 10
Number of times Jack has said "DAMN IT!" (so far): 11
Best moment: Chloe: "I'm not good with praise."
Overall rating: 6.5/10
sparkyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 22:38   #15
bosque
Trusted User

If Dana is a mole why did she need to phone Cole in the last episode and warn him the parole officer guy was asking too many questions and she would have to tell him everything ? Assuming she didn't know about the EMP bomb, she could simply have walked out of CTU and told the terrorists that her cover was blown. Seems the writers didn't know last week that Dana was a mole
bosque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 23:47   #16
wozwebs
Villa Youth!!

Totally ridiculous now after that ending. As said before it's like who can the mole be? I know let's make it Dana. Awful. Please end 24 now after this. Have loved it from day one and even still had faith in it after season 6 but this is taking it too far.

Anyone else think the main 'baddie' looks like a CGI character from Grand Theft Auto or something. Must be the beard.
wozwebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 07:06   #17
Guest 1924

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosque View Post
If Dana is a mole why did she need to phone Cole in the last episode and warn him the parole officer guy was asking too many questions and she would have to tell him everything ? Assuming she didn't know about the EMP bomb, she could simply have walked out of CTU and told the terrorists that her cover was blown. Seems the writers didn't know last week that Dana was a mole
Completely agree. Would it not have been far simpler to have killed her ex and his mate Whilst at her apartment? Or perhaps even have them meet her terrorist freinds to be killed?

And how long does it take to cross that river in a speedboat anyway? Why are they just standing around?

sparkyrob, you missed the fun with satellites this week.

Last edited by jester; 24-03-2010 at 07:08.
Guest 1924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 09:08   #18
hannay
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyVader View Post

Oh and how come the EMP device took out everything (even simple non-electronic tungsten lighting and the definitely non-electronic emergency lighting, somehow???) except Chloe's mobile phone (that she called Renee on). Has she got lead-lined pockets or something?
Didn't she take the phone from the box of mobiles brought in by NSA?

Not a bad episode - 24 is crackers at times, but you have to accept that
hannay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 09:14   #19
Apostate
Trusted User

Starbuck seemed an unlikely mole - especially as she had opportunities early on to "clean up" the goatee-nuisance-ex problem. But thats 24 for you - let's not forget S1 and Nina Myers who showed lots of non-mole-like behaviour until the reveal. Sad to see Probation Officer Grady go - I liked him - but he was so tenacious perhaps we haven't seen the last of him?
Apostate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 09:49   #20
sparkyrob
It was collateral damage

Perhaps Chloe can plug him into the trunk line and resurrect him via electrocution.

Anyway, I thought this week's was supposed to be a double episode? Did the writers think that the ending was so shocking we'd all be desperate to watch next week's episode so decided to leave us dangling?

I think the only twist less plausible would be if Jack had been the mole.
sparkyrob is offline   Reply With Quote