Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Sports Forum

Old 30-04-2020, 12:48   #61
Jez
Ellis Retire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBrunt View Post
I never said there wouldn't be a vaccine just that the general consensus seems to be it is at least 12 months away.

If that is true and you are arguing for no football until then ... half the league teams will not be around to resume. Heck, there are probably 3/4 teams even in the Premier League who would go bust if they received no income for 12 months.
Yes, its an unfortunate situation.

400 games, have to be completed 400. It just takes one player in one of those games to test positive and all hell would brake loose.

2 tests a week when key workers people who actually save lives rather than get loads of money for sport dont even get that.

Farcical to try and get it going.
Old 30-04-2020, 12:57   #62
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

The general consensus from the "null an voiders" - who are really just "don't give the scousers the title" - think it will fine to start the 20/21 season on time BCD in August.

Quite frankly, if it say to do that then it is safe to play under the same conditions in July - which is what the current plan is.

Playing competitive football is also far less risky than, say, allowing B&Q to reopen all their stores but somehow only one of those is not happening ??!!??
AdamBrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2020, 13:04   #63
The Bear
Old-gold and black member

Thanked 1,636 Times in 543 Posts
Gary Neville

@GNev2

June 8th for the @premierleague return! This is being briefed anonymously. No-one wants to put their name against this one!
The Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2020, 13:08   #64
Jez
Ellis Retire!

Quote:

Playing competitive football is also far less risky than, say, allowing B&Q to reopen all their stores but somehow only one of those is not happening ??!!??

That's the funniest thing you've said on this thread.

A large car park easily allow 2 meters between people, again inside a large B&Q store 1 in 1 out.... Is more risky than 300 players and staff being inside potentially tight corridors and dressing rooms (remember other leagues without their massive facilities), then playing football and not touching anyone.

Amazing
Old 30-04-2020, 13:15   #65
basegreen
neergesab

Quote:
The general consensus from the "null an voiders" - who are really just "don't give the scousers the title" - think it will fine to start the 20/21 season on time BCD in August.

Quite frankly, if it say to do that then it is safe to play under the same conditions in July - which is what the current plan is.

It's a really compelling argument though tbh.
basegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2020, 14:59   #66
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
Gary Neville

@GNev2

June 8th for the @premierleague return! This is being briefed anonymously. No-one wants to put their name against this one!
I love the 'anonymous' bit ... it's been widely reported for over a week yet Neville seems to think he has some kind of scoop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez View Post

That's the funniest thing you've said on this thread.

A large car park easily allow 2 meters between people, again inside a large B&Q store 1 in 1 out.... Is more risky than 300 players and staff being inside potentially tight corridors and dressing rooms (remember other leagues without their massive facilities), then playing football and not touching anyone.

Amazing
I see you have fallen for the 300 figure. That figure includes 150, allegedly, crucial members of the media.

The true number will struggle to even be half ( or even a third of number )

And the point still stands ... B&Q is no more essential than football. In fact, given the huge difference in money they bring into the economy it is significantly less essential yet no one seems to care that they are open. And I have yet to have been in many shops that INSIDE are enforcing 2 metre social distancing; once you are through the door you can pretty much do what you want.

Last edited by AdamBrunt; 30-04-2020 at 15:00.
Old 30-04-2020, 15:10   #67
Jez
Ellis Retire!

Quote:
I love the 'anonymous' bit ... it's been widely reported for over a week yet Neville seems to think he has some kind of scoop.

I see you have fallen for the 300 figure. That figure includes 150, allegedly, crucial members of the media.

The true number will struggle to even be half ( or even a third of number )

And the point still stands ... B&Q is no more essential than football. In fact, given the huge difference in money they bring into the economy it is significantly less essential yet no one seems to care that they are open. And I have yet to have been in many shops that INSIDE are enforcing 2 metre social distancing; once you are through the door you can pretty much do what you want.
Fallen for, you mean the one clubs said would probably be? If I’ve fallen for it and you’re obviously involved with what it would take to run a match with the bare minimum what number is it?

You’ve ignored the point again and shown no proof that shopping at B&Q is equally as dangerous as playing 400 football games. Notice you’ve also ignored my point about that. You’re running out of excuses.

What’s worse forcing the finish of the season and having a player become infected or waiting until it’s safe however, long that me be?

I think you’ll have to accept your clubs title this year will come along with a little star.
Old 30-04-2020, 15:16   #68
basegreen
neergesab

Let's be honest here, whatever happens, it will always be a false title win.

I would genuinely say that about my team as well.
Old 30-04-2020, 15:23   #69
Bravoman
Trusted User

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52484530

The mayor of Liverpool says starting the league again is a non starter. Give the title to Liverpool and be done with it.

His argument is even if they play in a neutral venue fans will still turn up at Anfield. He says they can’t keep people out of parks so fears they will ignore advice and congregate outside Anfield.

Last edited by Bravoman; 30-04-2020 at 15:24.
Bravoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2020, 15:23   #70
saltysam
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez View Post

I think you’ll have to accept your clubs title this year will come along with a little star.
Not a problem. Can't blame Liverpool for being so good they've basically lapped the premiership field.We've defeated the other 19 teams in the division already. I happen to agree BCD won't work, so forget next season as well.

Last edited by saltysam; 30-04-2020 at 17:52.
saltysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2020, 15:34   #71
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

I have no problem waiting as long as it takes. But for the integrity of the sport going forward, the season must be completed ( some how ) before the next one starts. It is not exactly rocket science and has no reason why it shouldn't be the case.

I may not know exactly how many people are needed to stage a BCD game but I do know (a) it won't need 150 media people there and (b) without BCD games - which is generally accepted is a given - football is dead.

Last edited by AdamBrunt; 30-04-2020 at 15:37.
Old 30-04-2020, 15:46   #72
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravoman View Post
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52484530

The mayor of Liverpool says starting the league again is a non starter. Give the title to Liverpool and be done with it.

His argument is even if they play in a neutral venue fans will still turn up at Anfield. He says they can’t keep people out of parks so fears they will ignore advice and congregate outside Anfield.
Nothing to do with him being an Everton fan and, by most accounts, a bit of an idiot all round
Old 30-04-2020, 15:53   #73
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltysam View Post
Not a problem. Can't blame Liverpool for being so good they've basically lapped the premiership field.We've defeated the other 19 teams in the division already. I happen to agree BCD won't work, so forget next season as well.
We could have an awful lot of fun with that asterix and completely turn the "joke" on its head: So many options:

* By the biggest margin ever
* Where 3rd place were closer to the bottom than the top
* Won in November
* Tainted by Pep completely losing his marbles. TWICE !
* English, European and World Champions
Old 30-04-2020, 16:23   #74
jpig
Trusted User

If Liverpool *don't* get given the league, Adam will still find a way to blame it on the referee.
jpig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2020, 16:27   #75
Bravoman
Trusted User

Quote:
Nothing to do with him being an Everton fan and, by most accounts, a bit of an idiot all round
He might be, but he does say that Liverpool should be awarded the title and I think he makes a point about fans congregating at Anfield, or other stadiums which would be a nightmare to Police.

Don’t keep biting, You are getting the title one way or another! No one can say Liverpool don’t deserve it.
Old 30-04-2020, 16:49   #76
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravoman View Post
He might be, but he does say that Liverpool should be awarded the title and I think he makes a point about fans congregating at Anfield, or other stadiums which would be a nightmare to Police.
His logic is totally flawed.

He think fans will congregate en masse if LFC win the title at a ground hundreds of miles away but doesn't think they will if they are just given the title.

The man is an idiot

And I see LFC have released a statement calling him out on his ********

Last edited by AdamBrunt; 30-04-2020 at 17:01.
Old 30-04-2020, 17:24   #77
basegreen
neergesab

Darwin in action tho isn’t it.
Old 30-04-2020, 17:47   #78
Jez
Ellis Retire!

Quote:
I have no problem waiting as long as it takes. But for the integrity of the sport going forward, the season must be completed ( some how ) before the next one starts. It is not exactly rocket science and has no reason why it shouldn't be the case.

I may not know exactly how many people are needed to stage a BCD game but I do know (a) it won't need 150 media people there and (b) without BCD games - which is generally accepted is a given - football is dead.
Would you be that adamant of playing games if they said Liverpool have the league even with the season abandoned like in France?

If yes can you please explain how they’re going to safely play 400 league games? Or are you one of ‘those’ fans that doesn’t actually see past the PL? Unfortunately all the countries leagues have a say in this. Also again could football survive a player who has played in one of these games catching and getting seriously ill or a member of their family getting seriously ill?
Old 30-04-2020, 18:04   #79
Bravoman
Trusted User

Quote:
His logic is totally flawed.

And I see LFC have released a statement calling him out on his ********
Agreed on top point.
Hardly on 2nd point just saying that supporters groups have promised to respect social distancing.... Nothing about all the other fans who won’t respect it and I can imagine there will a few!
Old 30-04-2020, 18:13   #80
saltysam
Trusted User

No fan of Joe Anderson ( the guy wants our skint council to loan his beloved Everton 500 million to build their new Stadium ) but he does have a point about supporters congregating around Anfield. If we are playing Crystal Palace at Georges Park and a win will win it fans will be on the streets,i guarantee it.
saltysam is offline   Reply With Quote