Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Books and Comics Discussion

Old 05-05-2020, 11:34   #1
cliff homewood
Trusted User

Judge Dredd TPB guide

Anyone know of a good website out there for showing you all the tpbs and specials over the years, covers and tellnig you what stories or progs are in them, so I can then work out which complete case files I have already read and which haven't.

Every google search I do jsut keeps popping out the complete case files ignoring all the earlier 80s/90s tpbs that I bought and read
cliff homewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 18:05   #2
dunkle
Trusted User

Comic book herald tends to be my first port of call for things like this.
I’d imagine he has done dredd at some point but not sure how up to date would be
dunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 18:06   #3
dunkle
Trusted User

https://www.comicbookherald.com/judg...reading-order/
Old 06-05-2020, 13:05   #4
cliff homewood
Trusted User

Yes I looked there and he is guilty of just listing the complete files for all the older comics but not the older alternate TPBs, which is the problem, that maybe whats currently available in the shops now but I have read loads of older TPBs, so need to know older releases as well so I don't buy a case files only to have already read most of the stories.

Some TPB examples

Apocalypse War (I know this is Complete Case files 5)
Judge Child
Oz
Judge Dredd 9 etc in the 90s there were tpbs with a number system, pretty slim volumes compared to today, but still collections
Satan Pit
Dredd vs Batman (these last two might still be available)

There's been loads of them, the Complete Case Files is only a recent thing with Rebellion. In fact there have been attempts to do complete collections before, like the Complete Judge Dredd comic which last until the Stallone movie came out when they renamed it Classic Judge Dredd and got cancelled a little while after that.

I'm impressed how far the Dredd ones have got but they still have only jsut hit Garth Ennis's run, which wasn't very good, amongst his first work, now I know I've read these in TPBs like Emerald Isle & Helter Skelter, but want the full list of these tpbs and whats containted in them to cross of the COmplete case Files I've already read (not buying them all, have about 4 volumes so far, but find myself reading about the robot war and that in the early ones and thinking wait a minute I've read this, some fan must have listed all the previous collected reprints so I can work out where i stand).
Old 06-05-2020, 16:41   #5
dunkle
Trusted User

Been a long time since I read dredd. Think last think I bought was when the first tpb of origins came out. But didn’t they list the collected prog numbers ?

My judge child states 156-181 on it and oz 545 to 570

I’d of thought with a bit of wiki research you could work them out

Can’t remember if the 3 batman ones where in continuity or not but I’d of thought you could of slipped them in based on year of release

Probably only issue would be would be when it’s from the magazine

Like say been a long long time since read any though

Do still have signed Charlie Adlard artwork for hand of fate though hanging on wall
Old 07-05-2020, 12:46   #6
cliff homewood
Trusted User

Thing is dunkie a lot i've either got rid of or where library books, if I cna see covers I'd probably recognise most I've read. Tried another net search last night but again hitting the Rebellion complete case files problem, that started around 2005 by sounds of it so I need a list from the early 2000s or 90s!