Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Film Discussion

Old 21-09-2020, 11:56   #81
ascender
Trusted User

I forgot to reply to this...

I thought it was OK. Definitely not terrible as some have said - I've seen many properly terrible movies which are just unwatchable and this wasn't one of those. I smiled throughout although Neve really LOL'd. It was just like a greatest hits retread of the first two movies and I thought the visual effects were well done given the budget - they didn't try to over-reach with them if that makes sense.
ascender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2020, 12:17   #82
cliff homewood
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprout View Post
Whoever's in charge of movies at Channel 5 clearly thought they should make Bogus Journey fit into the franchise a bit better by changing the ending on their screening the other day.

In their rush to get to more adverts, they cut the newspaper end credits just after 'Wyld Stalyns to play Wembley Stadium' & skipped straight to the cast list over black.

Totally ruined the end of the movie. Eejits!
Hadn't seen it for about 20 years so watched this on Channel 5, have a bad memory so don't know what I missed. Did wonder if it was cut as didn't see the death picking a new hoe scene, but was that in the background and I just missed it this time?

It wasn't as funny as i remembered (remembered it being hilarious, but then I still remember the main jokes) and thought some of the costume design was worthy of a raspberry, chiefly Rufus who seemd to be clad in ill fitting foam.
cliff homewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2020, 13:51   #83
aprout
worn to perfection

Location: Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliff homewood View Post
Hadn't seen it for about 20 years so watched this on Channel 5, have a bad memory so don't know what I missed. Did wonder if it was cut as didn't see the death picking a new hoe scene, but was that in the background and I just missed it this time?

It wasn't as funny as i remembered (remembered it being hilarious, but then I still remember the main jokes) and thought some of the costume design was worthy of a raspberry, chiefly Rufus who seemd to be clad in ill fitting foam.

If you mean the bit in the hardware store, that was still there.

The end credits montage is one of my all-time favourite movie endings. The extended version of that song, loads of great magazine gags, & the NASA launch guy saying "Come home soon, we'll miss you" as they go off to play Mars gets me in the feels every time.
aprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2020, 08:28   #84
oldskool
Trusted User

As a long time Bill & Ted fan, I....didn't hate it.

Was it the best movie in the series, no, definitely the worst, but that said, it was obviously a passion project for all involved and that does show on screen occasionally, the countdown to B&T playing at the end gets me in a similar way to the ends of the first two.

I did find the girls annoying though, I thought Bill's daughter was better than Ted's who I found really annoying.

I also liked Dennis
oldskool is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked 2 times by:
ascender (22-09-2020), lentini (22-09-2020)
Old 22-09-2020, 08:57   #85
allan
Trusted User

I thought it was terrible, felt cheaply made (I know it was), offered nothing new to the story and just felt like it completely ruined the end of the last film.

The acting from virtually everyone except Alex Winter was terrible, including Keanu.
allan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 21:54   #86
Morton
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan View Post
I thought it was terrible, felt cheaply made (I know it was), offered nothing new to the story and just felt like it completely ruined the end of the last film.

The acting from virtually everyone except Alex Winter was terrible, including Keanu.
Yep, this was awful and disappointing. I don't know who they made it for, the original audience, me... Nope, too late, too old, too unoriginal, rehashed and just another franchise that should have been left alone. A new, young, audience, nope, it relies too heavily on the originals.

The originals, I'm sure if you saw them fresh now, probably wouldn't float your boat, they are of their time and place and we're awesome, you just can't recreate it. This was just a cringeworthy and a shame.

The best part was

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 14-10-2020, 18:27   #87
cjanderson
2 phalanxs and a catapult

We were desperate
The cleaner was coming
This was on at right time

Oh dear!

I haven’t actually seen the first 2

Best thing was the in movie countdown to THE END

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk