Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Sports Forum

Old 01-11-2014, 16:32   #61
ralph wiggum
Chamakh My Bitch Up.

Thank goodness for Alexis, far & away the best player on the pitch today. Chambers makes it 2-0.
ralph wiggum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 18:53   #62
goonerforever
Trusted User

Felt like it was going to be one of those days (even for Sanchez with his efforts in the first half), but got there in the end and a clean sheet as a bonus. Good shifts from Welbeck and Chambers, plus Flamini did a much better job of shielding the back four and stopping the balls from defence through to attack.

Now, let's wrap up CL qualification with minimum fuss on Tuesday please. As long as Dortmund win that is.
goonerforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 21:43   #63
ralph wiggum
Chamakh My Bitch Up.

Well that was ****. Our frailties still there for all to see. OK, so their first goal was offside, but no excuse to collapse like that. Just when we looked like we could be putting together the start of a decent run too. Only Arsenal can **** me off like this.
Old 04-11-2014, 23:59   #64
mjb1975
Blandiblub

Try being a Spurs fan. We'd have let in the fourth.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:19   #65
Toge
North London is red

What a farce
Old 05-11-2014, 09:23   #66
goonerforever
Trusted User

I think we all knew something like that was coming. Some of the reactions on Twitter are OTT in my opinion though, it's not just because we didn't sign a defensive midfielder that we lost a 3-0 lead at home to Anderlecht. It's a collective failure.

At the end of the day, while it would have been great to seal qualification, it could have happened in a worse game (and still might!). Here's hoping Anderlecht and Galatasaray draw their game, taking any pressure off us, as I can't see us getting anything against Dortmund unless they take their foot off the gas.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:30   #67
ralph wiggum
Chamakh My Bitch Up.

Although the manager is ultimately responsible, surely the players have to look at themselves? Chambers is the only "kid" in the team now, the rest should be experienced enough by now to see it coming (all the fans could) & make sure that it didn't!
Old 09-11-2014, 14:37   #68
goonerforever
Trusted User

How are we all feeling about today's game? I'm going for a high-scoring draw. Could be very entertaining for the neutral...
Old 09-11-2014, 15:25   #69
ralph wiggum
Chamakh My Bitch Up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonerforever View Post
How are we all feeling about today's game? I'm going for a high-scoring draw. Could be very entertaining for the neutral...
That means it'll be a boring 1-0 then
Another away game after a tough CL game, but we need a good response to Tuesday. Hoping for Welbeck (& us) that he finds his shooting boots.
Old 09-11-2014, 17:53   #70
ralph wiggum
Chamakh My Bitch Up.

Well, that was ****. Again.
Old 09-11-2014, 18:18   #71
Dxfatass
Now with reduced fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
Hoping for Welbeck (& us) that he finds his shooting boots.
He'll be saving them for the game against us after the internationals
Old 09-11-2014, 19:13   #72
zharrt
PSN: zharrt1

Lets not all panic, we are only 1 point off 4th spot so a couple of solid buys in January and we are certain of CL football next year
zharrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 20:02   #73
Toge
North London is red

another farce!!!!!!
Old 09-11-2014, 20:23   #74
goonerforever
Trusted User

Summed up our season really. Far too cavalier and a lack of match awareness. As Carragher put it, how do you get caught out by a counter attack when you're 1-0 up away from home with 15 mins to go?! Take nothing away from the fantastic FK though, but it's not like we don't know how to close games out. We went through stretches in the past couple of seasons where we learnt to win ugly.

It's lucky everyone else (bar Southampton and Chelsea) are messing up almost as much as us, meaning it's not the end of the world in terms of the top four. But after the FA Cup win and the run last year in the league, it's disappointing to basically already be out of the title race.
Old 10-11-2014, 10:40   #75
richdmx
Gamertag : Freddy Fingerz

We're a shambles.

How Wenger can go into the season with just two centre halfs baffles me. I really wonder what goes on in his head.

The lack of defensive midfielder is getting exposed more and more every week. If we had a proper defensive midfielder then the counter attack for there first goal would of been nullified as he would of been sitting where a defensive midfielder would of been. Not chasing up the pitch when you're 1-0 up.

Monreal is an average left back at best and now he's playing him in central defence where his 5'9" frame is going to be exposed every time. Gomis is 6 ft odd and when that balls came in there was only going to be one winner.

Why not play Chambers as a centre half and play Bellerin right back? Chambers had a horrible time yesterday against Montero. So why not change it? Why the subs after 75 mins? It was obvious we needed help on that side and that's where the goal came from.

So were chasing the game and he brings Sanogo on who hasn't scored a Premier League goal and he leaves a German international who has scored late goals for us in the past (Anderlecht this year in recent memory) on the bench.

Tactically Wenger has no clue, look at Chelsea. They play with two holding midfielders so the front 4 can roam forward and do damage with pace, power and movement. We have a luxury of players to pick from in that area of the pitch but we're severely lacking in defensive areas.

Everything comes from the manager, from transfers to team instructions and hes getting it so wrong. Our 4 wins have been against, Crystal Palace (90th min winner), Burnley, Sunderland and Aston Villa. No disrespect to those teams but they are teams we should be beating.

Look at the draws Anderlecht, Leicester, Hull. All disappointing in there own way. All avoidable if the team knew how to defend. We were outclassed when we played Chelsea. Men against boys in fact. Look at last years results against good teams. This isn't anything new.

Wenger has done some fantastic things for the club, but just selecting a team and expecting to go out and play our way and not changing the team to adapt or nullify the opposition is just tactically naive and its causing us no end of problems.

The time for change is now. Football has changed. Wenger has not.
richdmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 14:11   #76
zharrt
PSN: zharrt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by richdmx View Post
The time for change is now. Football has changed. Wenger has not.
I think that sums it up in one sentence, when Wenger came to England it was a revelation, he brought in so many new and fresh ideas it took people years to catch up, the problem is now everyone has caught up Wenger and by association his teams, can be played like a fiddle.

I will never say WengerOut, I have far too much respect for the man and what he has done to suggest anyone other than the man himself will decide when he leaves the dug out, but I hope for the clubs sake a move upstairs so he can try and create the relationship David Dien had with him when they were at their pinnacle with a new manager.
zharrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 14:47   #77
ralph wiggum
Chamakh My Bitch Up.

I can't claim that my faith in Arsene is undiminished because it isn't, but I'm still happy to give him (even more) time. It would be a shame if now that he has got us into the position of being able to afford the best players, it is all taken away from him. We owe him far more than he owes us. I completely understand people being so upset though - nothing ruins my week like the dismal performances & capitulations of recent weeks - & am fine with fans wanting Arsene to leave, as long as they are respectful about it. Nothing earns a Twitter unofllow quicker than someone using the WengerOut hash tag
Come January, we absolutely MUST sign reinforcements & in the first week too, not leaving it until the final day! In all the Wenger hate, the players seem to be getting off lightly, I'm struggling to think of a single player (new signings aside) who is playing at their best this season. Far from it, most are a long way short of their best imo.
Old 12-11-2014, 16:03   #78
Snoopy
PSN: Nevyn1968

Ozil sued by his dad may help explain Ozil being a bit hit and miss recently. Can't help with your frame of mind that you get to the point you have to sack your own dad.
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 16:10   #79
ralph wiggum
Chamakh My Bitch Up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
Ozil sued by his dad may help explain Ozil being a bit hit and miss recently. Can't help with your frame of mind that you get to the point you have to sack your own dad.
Would explain a lot, as you say, it can't help your frame of mind at all. It really is best to keep business & family separate wherever possible.
Old 12-11-2014, 16:28   #80
Snoopy
PSN: Nevyn1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
Would explain a lot, as you say, it can't help your frame of mind at all. It really is best to keep business & family separate wherever possible.
I agree. Unfortunaetly Ozil may not have learnt from this as his brother is now heading up the company.
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote