Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Film Discussion

Old 26-04-2007, 15:22   #1
John Hodson
Out to lunch...

Universal R2 Box Sets for Doris Day, James Stewart, Cary Grant, Clint Eastwood

Thought it might be useful to create a thread about these humongous box sets coming from Universal. As usual, the usual caveats apply with Universal, who in some cases have produced better transfers in R1, and in the case of the RKO titles, where there is an R1 from Warner it is invariably better.

The Doris Day Collection (6 Discs): Young At heart, That Touch Of mink, Lover Come Back, Pillow Talk, The Man Who Knew Too Much, Send Me No Flowers, The Thrill Of It All, Ballad OF Josie, Midnight Lace.

James Stewart: Box Set (19 Discs), coming June: It's A Wonderful Life, The Rare Breed, Shenandoah, The Man Who Knew Too Much, Rear Window, Harvey, Destry Rides Again, Vertigo, Night Passage, The Glenn Miller Story, Thunder Bay, Bend In The River, Winchester '73, Rope, The Far Country, You Gotta Stay Happy, Vivacious Lady, Airport '77, Next Time We Love.

Cary Grant Box Set (21 discs), coming June: The Grass Is Greener,, Indiscreet, Father Goose, Mr Blandings Built His Dream House, Bringing Up Baby, None But The Lonely Heart, Mr Lucky, Once Upon A Honeymoon, In Name Only, Gunga Din, The Toast Of New York, Sylvia Scarlett, Charade, I'm No Angel, She Done Him Wrong, Blonde Venus, Operation Petticoat, My Favourite Wife, The Last Outpost, Suspicion.

Clint Eastwood Box Set (7 Discs), coming June: Play Misty For Me, Joe Kidd, Two Mules For Sister Sara, Coogan's Bluff, The Beguiled, The Eiger Sanction, High Plains Drifter, Breezy.

Last edited by John Hodson; 26-04-2007 at 16:13.
John Hodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 16:46   #2
earl_roberts2002

The Cary Grant set is tempting bar the price
earl_roberts2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2007, 06:31   #3
Guest 60307
Team Zissou

Both the Gary Grent and Jimmy Stewart boxsets are very tempting. Surely the idea with these is to temp viewers who wouldn't normally pick up a Gary Grant etc film. But at over a Ł100, there pitching them towards die hard fans, who will probably have five of more of the films listed

But a good box set is always nice to own
Guest 60307 is offline   Reply With Quote