Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Sports Forum

Old 05-03-2018, 16:35   #841
MICON
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunge View Post
City haven't taken any money from Mansour in over 3 seasons. we are now a self funding business and fully able to spend as such.
And the money you are' now making' with your 'self funding' business came from..... answers on a postcard..... thats it you all got it right.

Take away all the plastic money & see just how self funding you are. Nope you are not self funding, & never will be.
MICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 17:43   #842
Grunge
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICON View Post
Thats it just ignore the facts & make up your own story. We earnt it, we can spend it, the same for most clubs apart from chelsea & city. They are both in false positions & every team below them is two positions below were they should be. Exiting football, I don't think so. They bored my ass of last night, pass, pass, pass. If you want exitement then the Premiership title would be very exiting this season, with one of several clubs possibly winning it, but wait, 'your' plastic club has bought the title, so the exitement is gone.

As a Liverpool supporter you should be ashamed of yourself sticking up for a plastic club.

And by the way, Rob started this by comparing the two managers. Wake up.
BooHoo is the term that comes to mind here.

United wouldn't exist if it wasn't for a bail out like 100 years ago, ergo United are in a false position too. Yeah its a ******** argument but then so is yours.

City got bought, have had a massive cash injection and regeneration and are now self sufficient, Like any decent owner should do.
Grunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 17:47   #843
Grunge
Trusted User

Quote:
And the money you are' now making' with your 'self funding' business came from..... answers on a postcard..... thats it you all got it right.

Take away all the plastic money & see just how self funding you are. Nope you are not self funding, & never will be.
Take away Etihad we'd be 30m ( somewhere in the middle of the estimates its worth ) a year down. on 473.4million. not a major hit really.

Your bitterness is sooo sweet.
Old 05-03-2018, 19:23   #844
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

Quote:
Take away Etihad we'd be 30m ( somewhere in the middle of the estimates its worth ) a year down. on 473.4million. not a major hit really.

Your bitterness is sooo sweet.
That’s not true as someone would sponsor a lead league leader and at the going rate we’d get a decent whack from them. We are playing well and it’s the stuff dreams!! Live it up blue boys, live it up
Old 06-03-2018, 09:22   #845
MICON
Trusted User

Make up all the stories you want, dream on. Just like lance armstrong etc, etc, city & chelsea got to their position via false means that they would never have acheived by themselves, thus deniying others the right to the title. No true fan takes either team or their 'winnings' serious.
MICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 09:40   #846
Grunge
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citysmith View Post
That’s not true as someone would sponsor a lead league leader and at the going rate we’d get a decent whack from them. We are playing well and it’s the stuff dreams!! Live it up blue boys, live it up
Agreed that now we would get far more for the deal that Etihad has, but at the start not many would have done it based on potential.
Old 06-03-2018, 09:40   #847
Grunge
Trusted User

Quote:
Make up all the stories you want, dream on. Just like lance armstrong etc, etc, city & chelsea got to their position via false means that they would never have acheived by themselves, thus deniying others the right to the title. No true fan takes either team or their 'winnings' serious.
What Stories are we making up exactly?
Old 06-03-2018, 09:57   #848
Flap

Quote:
Shall we just take it as read that this is your view in perpetuity. You seem to repeat the same thing over, and over again. We get it...
Flap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 10:05   #849
Grunge
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flap View Post
Shall we just take it as read that this is your view in perpetuity. You seem to repeat the same thing over, and over again. We get it...
He also seems to think its some righteous crusade when in reality he's coming across like one of those nutters with a loud speaker shouting scripture at people outside the Arndale.
Old 06-03-2018, 10:07   #850
jockosjungle
Alone in the Atlantic

Thanked 1,288 Times in 910 Posts
Quote:
What Stories are we making up exactly?
That someone bought your club and invested some money in it, not sure anyone is disputing it. I really don't see what the big deal is or how Man Utd is any better in this regard.

Basically only Man Utd have the right to win the title, in whichever way they've done that. Anyone else isn't allowed.
jockosjungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 10:22   #851
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

Quote:
No true fan [ other than some Man United fans obviously ] believes their team has a right to the title.

In the last 5 years; even if we ignore City AND Chelsea, then the highest United would have finished was 2nd (but that would be considered an anomoly to your usual finish of 4/5th). But I suppose you were denied in those years by the massive undeserved spending of the likes of Arsenal, Spurs, Everton, Liverpool and Leicester City. Clubs whose spending in recent years has been massively overshadowed by that of United. Rather than constantly sniping at City [ who since Ferguson retired, IIRC, have spent about Ł100M more than United ] maybe your time could be better spent wondering how United's equally massive investment on star playes and, arguably, short term fixes has, so far, yielded little if any results.

And as has been pointed out to you, United would have ceased to exist 100 years ago if they hadn't been propped up via false means - or does that not count ?

Last edited by AdamBrunt; 06-03-2018 at 11:34.
AdamBrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 16:40   #852
Bravoman
Trusted User

Quote:
He also seems to think its some righteous crusade when in reality he's coming across like one of those nutters with a loud speaker shouting scripture at people outside the Arndale.
But that’s what they all say on his beloved Red Cafe so must be true!

Wonder how many Utd fans would be unhappy if a middle eastern country purchased the club and any player it wanted so they could win the league?
Bravoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 16:49   #853
Grunge
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravoman View Post

Wonder how many Utd fans would be unhappy if a middle eastern country purchased the club and any player it wanted so they could win the league?
They'll all be off the FC United in there droves!.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:20   #854
MaxNutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravoman View Post

I wrote to my MP when Murdoch tried to buy United because I felt it would destroy football.

City were a joke for over 30 years, but that time has long gone. Are they to blame for the megabucks game that football has become? No, at least not alone, it's every top tier club, not one or two.

The annoying thing as a United fan is that while other clubs have benefactors pouring money in, ours has not only taken money out, but also saddled us with huge debts.

Still, could be worse, we could be Arsenal.
Old 14-04-2018, 21:04   #855
Rob
Indie Author

Very good performance tonight - just what we needed.

It seems that Henry, Neville, Souness and a lot of his fellow professional players rate Sterling, yet I read on the United thread recently that he's the most overrated player in the league. Sure, he misses a lot of chances, but he doesn't half get in some good positions.
If anything, I'd say that he doesn't get the credit he deserves most of the time - probably due to the disgusting treatment he gets from the tabloids.

Also, how dirty are Spurs? Some of their challenges across the two league games this season have been a disgrace.

Nice to see a lot of our players get a PFA nomination - finally David Silva gets one - the only disappointment is that Fernandinho isn't in there.
Old 15-04-2018, 00:20   #856
MaxNutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
It seems that Henry, Neville, Souness and a lot of his fellow professional players rate Sterling, yet I read on the United thread recently that he's the most overrated player in the league. Sure, he misses a lot of chances, but he doesn't half get in some good positions.
He's certainly an enigma, often missing the easier chances and then scoring a belter. He should have won you the derby last week.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Old 15-04-2018, 10:07   #857
Rob
Indie Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxNutter View Post
He's certainly an enigma, often missing the easier chances and then scoring a belter. He should have won you the derby last week.
So I hear. The thing is that this season, he has been so much better at making runs in behind the defence and getting into great positions. He and Sane starting out wide and then cutting into the centre has been a key feature of our attacks this season. No doubt that he can improve his finishing some more - he has already improved this season - just look at the number of goals that he has scored.

So when I hear somebody say that he is the most overrated player in the league, I just assume that they are reading too many tabloids and not actually watching what the guy does on the pitch. I don't think that he'll ever be a clinical finisher in the mould of Aguero or Kane, but there's so much more to his game.
Old 15-04-2018, 19:44   #858
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

We we’ve only gone and won it. Live it up Blue boys
Old 16-04-2018, 04:47   #859
Flap

Only slightly delayed

Fantastic!
Flap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 05:55   #860
Rob
Indie Author

... and the odd cock-up aside, we've won it in a style that raised the bar for the quality of football played. Best team I've seen since the Liverpool side of the 1970s/80s.

Last edited by Rob; 16-04-2018 at 06:05.
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote