Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Gaming Forums > Video Games Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-01-2020, 21:53   #61
target
Trusted User
 
target's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Loughborough
Posts: 19,192
Thanks: 293
Thanked 4,688 Times in 2,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkle View Post
Guessing it’s being tweaked for the next gen consoles, the “upscale” for the next box all prepared for reLease
Shouldn't make a difference. The PC version would already be beyond what is needed for that in fidelity.
target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2020, 08:28   #62
fivebyfive
Leave means lies
 
fivebyfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 18,566
Thanks: 405
Thanked 1,109 Times in 487 Posts
Witcher 2 final act is very short, I remember playing it on 360 which is the enhanced edition and thought that was it? witcher 3 final act is great

The studio is very different to what it was for witcher 1 to 3 and could easily afford more devs to help to finish this game. I doubt they are tweaking it for next gen console release, much as I like witcher 3 it had issues at launch. No way as bad as some other games but they changed the UI and geralt's movement and other bugs

Jim sterling did a good video about dev crunch
https://youtu.be/VoswHl2Hx8M
__________________
"Eat the multi-billion dollar corporate slop and pretend it's social justice, you weirdos"
fivebyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2020, 15:16   #63
Malokai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I did wonder back in the day if they cut something out of Witcher 2 final act. It did seem very short. But it was a nice ending.
Malokai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2020, 17:18   #64
fivebyfive
Leave means lies
 
fivebyfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 18,566
Thanks: 405
Thanked 1,109 Times in 487 Posts
delayed to November 19 now

Shame but better than broken mess and also fine given most people WFH
__________________
"Eat the multi-billion dollar corporate slop and pretend it's social justice, you weirdos"
fivebyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2020, 18:45   #65
TonyG
Xbox Live: Tony Gster
 
TonyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Motherwell, Scotland
Posts: 20,499
Thanks: 130
Thanked 88 Times in 57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivebyfive View Post
delayed to November 19 now

Shame but better than broken mess and also fine given most people WFH

I was planning to wait & play the enhanced version on the new X series, so it works out better for me.
TonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2020, 10:52   #66
JohnMac
XBL: JohnMacUK
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Ramsbottom, UK
Posts: 9,363
Thanks: 15
Thanked 56 Times in 21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyG View Post
I was planning to wait & play the enhanced version on the new X series, so it works out better for me.
I’m sure this delay also factored in the “expected” next gen’ console launch dates and by “expected” I mean as close to at least one of the new console launch dates as it can be without it being that date.

My pre-order got cancelled again.
JohnMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2020, 18:55   #67
JohnMac
XBL: JohnMacUK
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Ramsbottom, UK
Posts: 9,363
Thanks: 15
Thanked 56 Times in 21 Posts
https://youtu.be/zNgj69lk-Gg

https://youtu.be/CeNA4SKoftY

https://youtu.be/w9-n3_xZnfY

Last edited by JohnMac; 25-06-2020 at 19:57.
JohnMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2020, 14:19   #68
fivebyfive
Leave means lies
 
fivebyfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 18,566
Thanks: 405
Thanked 1,109 Times in 487 Posts
Looks really good the crime investigation part is suppose to be clunky AF

good video of his impressions

__________________
"Eat the multi-billion dollar corporate slop and pretend it's social justice, you weirdos"
fivebyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2020, 16:00   #69
JohnMac
XBL: JohnMacUK
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Ramsbottom, UK
Posts: 9,363
Thanks: 15
Thanked 56 Times in 21 Posts
That was one of my links. Although it does sound great for the most part the ‘brain dance’ sequences could become a chore, especially as they are a big part of the game. Maybe they will be more optional side activities but if the become as vital as the Witcher sense then it could be a bigger drawback. As other comments point out in his video the fact he had to make the most of his five hour play could explain the feeling of being overwhelmed by new characters - if you were taking your time this wouldn’t be an issue.
JohnMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2020, 16:19   #70
fivebyfive
Leave means lies
 
fivebyfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 18,566
Thanks: 405
Thanked 1,109 Times in 487 Posts
skillup has good point about a base xbox one, can't see it running this game well, might even be sub 720P


Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMac View Post
That was one of my links.

ok, I don't click on YT links unless I know who the creator is as YT start recommending their videos and YT still recommends them at times even if you say don't recommend this channel
__________________
"Eat the multi-billion dollar corporate slop and pretend it's social justice, you weirdos"
fivebyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2020, 17:08   #71
JohnMac
XBL: JohnMacUK
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Ramsbottom, UK
Posts: 9,363
Thanks: 15
Thanked 56 Times in 21 Posts
No worries, completely understand. The other links are for the full CD Projekt Red episode from GameSpot channel and the Digital Foundry analysis is the other one.
JohnMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2020, 17:17   #72
fivebyfive
Leave means lies
 
fivebyfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 18,566
Thanks: 405
Thanked 1,109 Times in 487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMac View Post
No worries, completely understand. The other links are for the full CD Projekt Red episode from GameSpot channel and the Digital Foundry analysis is the other one.
thanks, will take a look at the DF one
__________________
"Eat the multi-billion dollar corporate slop and pretend it's social justice, you weirdos"
fivebyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 15:51   #73
fivebyfive
Leave means lies
 
fivebyfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 18,566
Thanks: 405
Thanked 1,109 Times in 487 Posts
There is some cheap cash ins from chinese companies for cyberpunk, one is just a cgi trailer thats rips off so much from the 2077 trailer (logo style, character poses etc) I think it will be some mobile game

Also there is tencent one which says its FPS but shows 3rd person view and no doubt lots of MTX for character customisation. Also the game looks clobbered together to cash in
__________________
"Eat the multi-billion dollar corporate slop and pretend it's social justice, you weirdos"
fivebyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2020, 10:52   #74
fivebyfive
Leave means lies
 
fivebyfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 18,566
Thanks: 405
Thanked 1,109 Times in 487 Posts
Quote:
Cyberpunk 2077 Campaign Will Be Shorter Than The Witcher 3's Because A Lot of People Didn't Finish It
https://www.ign.com/articles/cyberpu...idnt-finish-it



witcher 3 main story was perfect length, was not the dev's fault people drop games because something new and shiny game is flashed at them
__________________
"Eat the multi-billion dollar corporate slop and pretend it's social justice, you weirdos"
fivebyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2020, 15:38   #75
Shingster
Trusted User
 
Shingster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 9,009
Thanks: 597
Thanked 541 Times in 309 Posts
I would argue that people didn't finish it because Witcher III is one of the few adventure/RPG games out there where it was actually worthwhile and rewarding to do all of the side missions because both the writing across the board was so good, and the world was so beautifully realised and fully immersive, so while the main campaign wasn't crazy length or anything, it was much more time consuming because you were extremely motivated to explore and get sidetracked.

If Cyberpunk ends up being the same then a main campaign of only 40hrs won't be such a big deal imo. Just look at Fallout 3, you could rush through that in less than half the time of Witcher III (HowLongtoBeat have Fallout III main campaign at 23hrs, and Witcher III at 51.5hrs).

Last edited by Shingster; 22-09-2020 at 15:39.
Shingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2020, 16:14   #76
fivebyfive
Leave means lies
 
fivebyfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 18,566
Thanks: 405
Thanked 1,109 Times in 487 Posts
The studio has gone back on their word about no crunch to finish the game

Quote:
However, Bloomberg reports that management at CD Projekt Red emailed staff earlier this week to confirm that employees would have to work six day weeks up until release as mandatory. The overtime will be paid, as it is required by Polish law, but the overtime is compulsory.
I would rather the game be delayed again then working the devs to do 6 days a week until release
__________________
"Eat the multi-billion dollar corporate slop and pretend it's social justice, you weirdos"
fivebyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2020, 16:46   #77
fivebyfive
Leave means lies
 
fivebyfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 18,566
Thanks: 405
Thanked 1,109 Times in 487 Posts
Delayed again

__________________
"Eat the multi-billion dollar corporate slop and pretend it's social justice, you weirdos"
fivebyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2020, 17:18   #78
TonyG
Xbox Live: Tony Gster
 
TonyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Motherwell, Scotland
Posts: 20,499
Thanks: 130
Thanked 88 Times in 57 Posts
We’ve waited this long, another couple of weeks won’t hurt. Plenty of other new titles out in November to keep us entertained.
TonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2020, 20:07   #79
Shingster
Trusted User
 
Shingster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 9,009
Thanks: 597
Thanked 541 Times in 309 Posts
The sooner game developers stop working towards a stupidly, prematurely announced, release date, the better the entire industry will be.
Shingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 09:20   #80
JohnMac
XBL: JohnMacUK
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Ramsbottom, UK
Posts: 9,363
Thanks: 15
Thanked 56 Times in 21 Posts
So a short main story and a buggy mess according to some reviews. The buggy mess thing is a problem and if there are too many bugs in the prologue I might hold off until it gets more patches. Just the fact that reviewers haven’t had access to console versions is a bit worrying. This seems like a game where they felt pressured into releasing this year when it probably should have been delayed until the spring rather than December.

The short main story I believe was deliberate because such a small proportion of Witcher 3 players completed it. I think they are going for a main story that more people will experience to the end and more endings for the player to experience as well. But in addition to that loads and loads of meaningful side content; some of which links into the main story and may influence the way the story plays out as well. You can’t please everyone but this approach seems to strike a good balance because there is still loads of play styles, optional content, origin stories and endings for the more dedicated player.
JohnMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Witcher II *PC* Guest 8634 Video Games Forum 239 14-11-2014 06:51
The Witcher - $4.99 at GOG.com Guest 18 Bargain Forum 0 10-05-2011 07:38
Nirvana (Cyberpunk) - Tonight: Do NOT miss!! Guest 1764 Television Discussion 2 18-03-2007 02:01
Available Cyberpunk/tech DVDs Guest 1764 Film Discussion 28 25-11-2004 12:48
Cyberpunk Anime Film Discussion 10 03-06-2004 23:50

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.qq
Copyright ©2000 - 2021 Network N Ltd.