Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > DVD and Blu-ray Discussion

Notices

Old 15-02-2007, 09:31   #1
Space Duck
Trusted User

Thumbs up FEAST - In April (HD-DVD)

Was perusing various sites last night to see what titles we could look forward to. So I went through the usual suspects and ended up at some american site and what should I see in all it's glory? FEAST Pre-order for April Release!!!

Now I know there are some lovers of Horror here who have been disappointed with things like the Omen Remake, White Noise 2 and so on but Feast... Feast is a great horror of recent years which went straight to DVD, a shameless act by the studio behind it as it could have been a great hit through the wonder of word of mouth....

But now... Now it's coming out on HD-DVD and this duck for one is excited...

If you're a Buffy and Angel fan... Spot the Slayer that cut off poor Spikes Arms in Angel
Space Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2007, 22:48   #2
Guest 7482
Trusted User

ordered, I watched the beginning of this movie and it does look fun.

I just hope this release doesn't get pushed back, my HD Player is looking like a waste of money at the moment.
Guest 7482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2007, 23:20   #3
Space Duck
Trusted User

Mr Goblin, I've been feeling the same way thinking that I jumped in a little early but I cant really complain due to the bargain that is the 360 drive.

If you're a Grey's Anatomy and Buffy/Angel fan, you'll recognise a few faces... Feast is actually a bloody good horror, reminded me of Tremors when I first saw it... shoulda been a frickin cinema release!!!!

Take a look over the list of HD-DVD's again, there's prolly something you've missed... I just resent the whole DVD-Combo issue we're faced with... Bloody flip discs!!! Bring on more horror!!!
Old 15-02-2007, 23:31   #4
Guest 58466
Trusted User

So I take it that this is the same 'Feast' that was the product of season 3 of the TV series 'Project Greenlight'?

I've been waiting to watch the movie until I've watched through the series - nice to hear that it's not going to be a complete waste of time.
Guest 58466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2007, 23:46   #5
Guest 54308
TAWT-A-HELLO

Location: Above a bowling alley and below another bowling alley.
I thought Feast was a cracking horror film! It was pretty generic, but just because something isn't completely original doesn't necessarily mean its can't be good. Everything it did, it did well, solidly entertaining, good laughs, plenty of gore and definitely something I could watch again. Any film where
gets the thumbs up from me. Love to see it in HD.
Guest 54308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2007, 02:39   #6
Guest 2241
Trusted User

Wow, no one mentioned this is the result of Project Greenlight 3? If anything this should be one of the best films in terms of extras! I thought they did release it in the cinema but they pretty much buried it. A shame since it sounded like the first decent PG film
Guest 2241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2007, 10:10   #7
Space Duck
Trusted User

Project Greenlight has been mentioned twice now... what is it?!
Old 16-02-2007, 21:46   #8
Guest 2241
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Duck
Project Greenlight has been mentioned twice now... what is it?!
It's an american reality show by Ben Affleck and Matt Damon. They ask for anyone to send in their scripts and the best one gets turned into a film. In the first two years they chose the director in a similar way, in the third year they only wanted writer/directors (I think it's all a blur!). The first two series were on HBO but since the films did badly it barely got recommisioned. The third year, Bravo decided to do it but that it had to be a "genre movie" (the first two were typical indi fare).

Each time the budget was $1m and the winning film got distributed by miramax. Feast got taken to Weinstein when the brothers left Miramax. The first two PG's are available on DVD but the third hasn't been and there's no indication it will. Shame because it was maybe one of the best ones.
Guest 2241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2007, 12:28   #9
Space Duck
Trusted User

Ahhhhhhh thanking you muchly for that