Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Film Discussion

Old 01-05-2006, 19:20   #541
Harsin

This "it's a fantasy film so anything goes" is a rubbish argument that always gets thrown about. A certain base level of 'realism' helps the audience accept the more fantastical elements. If "anything goes" just because a film has a fantasy element I assume you'd be happy if halfway through Jack had a fight in a spaceship against a unicorn, after all it's only a fantasy film eh?

Last edited by Harsin; 01-05-2006 at 19:25.
Harsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 11:50   #542
mjpartyboy
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsin
just because a film has a fantasy element I assume you'd be happy if halfway through Jack had a fight in a spaceship against a unicorn, after all it's only a fantasy film eh?
Hasn't that scene been kept back as a deleted scene for the extended edition?
mjpartyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 11:04   #543
Guest 23584
Banned

Anyone think the reviews of the dvd transfer are over rated. I don't think the scenes with the captured kong in the theatre hold up very well at all. The jungle scenes do indeed look great but the sequence i mentioned has a blocky look to the background. Maybe something to do with the stage lighting in the background. Nowhere near as good as Titanic SE in my opinion
Guest 23584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 21:13   #544
cjanderson
2 phalanxs and a catapult

Just saw it tonight with Mr and Mrs Anderson.

i thought it meh. to expand, didn't get the whole "love" thing. its a gaint ape, why go and let it carry you around and it would be FREEZING in central park and she was just in a small dress.

loads of the cgi was obvioius to me, backgrounds not looking like they were there at all. the insects were NASTY.

dad thought it a good film about a woman getting on touch with her animus (some phsycology term) and mum asked if we could stop half way through so she could get us some dinner and watch casualty - which we all agreed sounded like a plan

so, glad i have seen it, i do like jack black in itand the chap who played gollum is good in both his parts. But not one i'd want to see again

Catherine

Last edited by cjanderson; 03-06-2006 at 21:16.
cjanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 15:21   #545
nwgarratt
Trusted User

I just got round to watching this and it was fantastic. I thought it was the best Kong film I have seen. I can't fault the CGI and the picture quality was one of the best I have seen on my projector. The only thing that would have made the DVD better would be a DTS audio track. Andy Serkis was also good as lumpy and Jack black was better than I was expecting.

My favourites scenes are the T Rex fight and the Biplane seqeunce. The surrounds were made to good use.
nwgarratt is offline   Reply With Quote