Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Television Discussion

Notices

Old 08-12-2004, 13:21   #21
Guest 39706
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taq
You can get the driods / ewoks series, and ewok films from dvdsoon very cheaply. Not sure why anyone would want to though

Taq

Yeah I bought them for 3 quid from DVD Soon. I got bored after 30 mins and left the girlfriend watching the first one. Not plucked up the courage to watch the second one yet.
Guest 39706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 13:23   #22
Guest 6609
Super Web Designer Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roborob
Star Wars: Clone Wars Volume 1 debuts on DVD on March 22, 2005. Cartoon Network will host the premiere of the all-new Star Wars: Clone Wars Volume 2 on March 21, one day before the DVD's release. Keep checking starwars.com for the latest developments.
Great, so yet again there'll be a series 1 disc, series 2 disc, and an limited edition boxset of the two for us to buy...
Guest 6609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 15:00   #23
Roborob
The Mad Bad Cyber Archer!

Location: North of Southpark Village, South Side, Glasgow, Scotland, UK, European Union, Europe, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe, This Dimension... I think.
Loco I see you have found the onvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik Booth
Think of it this way: everything Star Wars related is released to make money, therefore releasing The Clone Wars shorts onto DVD is another way for George's bank manager to be excited.

When it comes to Lucasfilm, nothing is too much...
The whole thing about Entertainment is the second word, INDUSTRY!

Rik do you actualy think that any movie, TV series, piece of music, newspaper, comic strip, Sport and comercial art are in it only to entertain?

The whole lot make money. Sure some do it for an artistic manner or to preserve a less popular aspect of things but they still need cash to go on.

Only Santa gives for nothing, But I think you are singalling Lucas out unfairly. Sure there are a lot of Mechandise but so have the Simpsons and Manchester United. You have to pay for the films on DVD, Gee what a supprise.

I don't remember A Star Wars Episode 1.5 or a Special Extended edition of The Attack of the Clones. Sure I remember Widescreen and The Special editons, But weren't they released years apart not Three months later.

Sure it can be expensive, but if you don't want to you don't have to buy it.
Old 08-12-2004, 15:08   #24
sharp_circle
Fantasist

why do you end every sentence with a smiley?

Do you pull faces all the time in real life?
sharp_circle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 20:52   #25
Roborob
The Mad Bad Cyber Archer!

Location: North of Southpark Village, South Side, Glasgow, Scotland, UK, European Union, Europe, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe, This Dimension... I think.
Loco I'll explain why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp_circle
why do you end every sentence with a smiley?

Do you pull faces all the time in real life?
I like to say Hi and Bye the wave( ) does this very well But apart from this I think the Smiles help to brighten up the posts which can look very dull if you go on a bit and so a simple helps to make a post more friendly looking.

Mind you it is not realy faces I make in real life in stead I do like to wave hello and bye this might prove a problem if I worked in the Inland revenue but as I work in education (despite my spelling) I can get away with it.

Mind you it also allows me to get away with my Christmas ties which light up and play Christamas tunes.

Besides at this the silly season isn't it better to have a little fun into your life, an in the spirit of that;

Season's Greeting!
Old 09-12-2004, 10:00   #26
Guest 17704
Knotted String Consultant

Cartoon network did a "Feature length" Clone wars a few months ago, which I Tivo'd. Then "Backed up" to DVD.

It`ll do my until the offical release.
Guest 17704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 10:12   #27
fattyboombatty
The idiots are winning

so do the clone war cartoons fill in the story between AOTC and ROTS officially? i mean if i watch the cartoons will ROTS make more sense?
fattyboombatty is offline   Reply With Quote