Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Gaming Forums > Video Games Forum

Old 08-01-2017, 19:05   #1
Fatbloke
PSN : Fatbloke-66

Games Backlog Detox 2017

As it's a new year, my resolution should be to clean up my damn games backlog. Since the introduction of folders on the PS4, I've had a 'Backlog' folder for all the stuff I need to start or, better, finish. Plus there's stuff on Steam too. So to help me along I though I'd list my backlog in an effort to shame myself into playing some of the stuff below and not just keep buying games. This isn't including any free stuff from PS+ too, just the games I've paid out hard cash for...

System - Game - Current play status - Comments
  • [PS4] - Divinity: Original Sin EE - 60% - My main PS4 game at the moment. Just hit level 15, so maybe in the second act somewhere.
  • [PS4] - Tomb Raider 20th Celebration - 0% - looking forward to this.
  • [PS4] - Assassins Creed: Syndicate - 0% - Got this on offer, will play it hopefully
  • [PS4] - Salt and Sanctuary - 0% - looked good on demo, so picked it up cheap
  • [PS4] - Minecraft Story Mode - 0% - enjoyed the PS4 minecraft, so might get around to playing this.
  • [PS4] - Disgaea 5 - 60% - Broken the back of this now, but not finished the story. Got a bit samey, so left it for a while. Might return to it.
  • [PS4] - FarCry 4 - 50% - Maybe halfway through. Not enjoying it as much as 3.
  • [PS4] - Witcher 3 - 95% - Finished the main story and almost all of the DLC, just some mopping up to do.
  • [PS4] - Sherlock Holmes: Crime and Punishments - 2% - Just tinkered with this and it looked good, but I've moved on to other stuff.
  • [PS4] - Last of Us Remastered - 0% - Finished the PS3 version, I will play this before LoU2!
  • [PS4] - Dark Souls 2 + DLC - 80% - Finished the main game, stuck on the end of the Scholars DLC
  • [PS4] - Uncharted Collection - 66% - Done all three on PS3, but redid U2 and U3 again in the remastered version, just Nathan Drake to start.
  • [PS4] - Watchdogs (1) - 40% - I'm going back to this now and again. Got it cheap, so no hurry after WD2 was panned.
  • [Steam] - Euro Truck Simulator 2 - 20% - Got it for £3.95. Sucking in a surprising amount of time at the moment.
  • [Steam] - XCOM2 - 5% - Picked it up in the sales, hardly touched it
  • [Steam] - Alien Isolation - 15% - Only got a little way into this, but wasn't keen
  • [Steam] - Company of Heroes 2 - 0% - Played first one to death, got this cheap in sales
  • [Steam] - Consortium - 0% - Got this last Jan according to Steam. No idea what it's about!
  • [Steam] - Hacknet - 60% - Doubt I'll finish this
  • [Steam] - Kerbal Space Program - 5% - Another cheapie, I should play this!
  • [Steam] - Master of Orion - 60% - Not really something you 'complete' but I've yet to win a game! See also Endless Legends and CIV5 (although I have won at both of those games)
  • [Steam] - Pillars of Eternity - 0% - Sale game in December - untouched

There's probably some VITA games that should be on the list, but I think that's enough.

So who can beat that list?

My name's FB and I'm a serial game collector.

Last edited by Fatbloke; 08-01-2017 at 19:06.
Fatbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 21:30   #2
cjanderson
2 phalanxs and a catapult

Good luck with it!
I have been quite good with my Xbox one, all games so far 100% in terms of achievements then sold bar tomb raider and batman (though stories all done) z d fallout 4 has 1 achievement to go. I have quantum break with final level to go snd some mop up of collectibles and just started life is strange.
I do tend to go for games that are possible to "finish" and then sell on. Like Lego stuff
cjanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 21:45   #3
target
Trusted User

Thanked 4,688 Times in 2,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatbloke View Post
So who can beat that list?

My name's FB and I'm a serial game collector.
Are you kidding? Amateur backlog there mate.
target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 22:30   #4
Smash41
Trusted User

I've stopped buying stuff digitaly when its on sale.
It might be cheap but I just don't get round to playing them.
All the my new games are on disc so i'm forced to finish so I can sell before the trade in price goes down.
Smash41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 06:41   #5
Fatbloke
PSN : Fatbloke-66

Quote:
Originally Posted by target View Post
Are you kidding? Amateur backlog there mate.
I guessed you'd have a lot more based on the strategy and android threads

My list probably equates to over 6 months of gaming to me. Plus with heavyweights like RDR2, Last of Us2 and P5 incoming I can only see it getting longer. I mean, I have 8 games on wishlists (none of the 3 above either).
Fatbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 07:59   #6
jockosjungle
Alone in the Atlantic

Thanked 1,280 Times in 904 Posts
Problem for me on Steam is I keep buying bundles and games to add the the pile, I'd probably find I'd gone backwards by the end of the year.

Got a 2DS at Christmas, completed NSMB2 and now playing Pokemon Moon, only got Zelda in the back catalogue. So will try and keep on top of that!

Kerbal Space Programme - Great game but I just can't get my head round the advanced physics of the thing, can't even get a craft into orbit.
jockosjungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 08:02   #7
Bish

I always complete a game before moving on to the next with the exception of multiplayer stuff like COD or Battlefield which I dip in and out of. The only backlog I have is GOG titles and recently I had Dishonored 2 waiting to be played while I finished Watch Dogs 2.
Old 09-01-2017, 08:47   #8
MarcusUK
Trusted User

Current backlog is a joke for me, due to digital sales

Mostly trying to clear the physical games I have, so I can move them on. So right now it's Mad Max I'm mostly playing, also 3 more trophies for the platinum on Arkham Knight

XBL: iammarcoos
MarcusUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 10:06   #9
clarkyboy100
Very busy drinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bish View Post
I always complete a game before moving on to the next with the exception of multiplayer stuff like COD or Battlefield which I dip in and out of. The only backlog I have is GOG titles and recently I had Dishonored 2 waiting to be played while I finished Watch Dogs 2.
Same. I went and binned almost all the free games I'll never play, so now all I have installed are Gears 4, Battlefield 1, Titanfall 2 and only Limbo and Sleeping Dogs from the free games that I will actually play.
Old 09-01-2017, 10:38   #10
LeftHandedGuitarist
I liek Star Trek

I'm attempting the 12in12 challenge via Reddit this year in an attempt to chip away at my 30 year gaming backlog. Seriously, there are games in there from the 1980s that I need to play/finish.

Anyway, my primary January game to finish is Rayman Origins and my secondary one is Kentucky Route Zero.
LeftHandedGuitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 10:48   #11
dmb6473a
Trusted User

My problem is that I love open world games. So I spend weeks on the Witcher, GTA, Mafia, etc, and never find the couple of hours needed to play Journey, Firewatch, Virginia, etc.
dmb6473a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 12:55   #12
orac
information is restricted

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb6473a View Post
My problem is that I love open world games. So I spend weeks on the Witcher, GTA, Mafia, etc, and never find the couple of hours needed to play Journey, Firewatch, Virginia, etc.
Picked up Firewatch in the PSN sale - what a great 4 hours that was - excellent game.

Films you must see
orac is offline   Reply With Quote