Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Television Discussion

Old 27-01-2014, 22:01   #481
Matt KB
Meow meow meow

I'm kind of with the fans, Batista sucks nuts so not excited that he's back, let alone to main event wrestle mania.

They should have done Beast vs Animal and set him up v Brock.
Old 27-01-2014, 22:46   #482
Guest 34041
Trusted User

WWE Thread 2012: Yes! Yes! Yes!

Why shouldn't fans boo if they disagree with the booking? They pay their money just like football fans etc.

The ppv wasn't too bad overall but having a 45 year old limited 'star' main event Mania sums up Vince and Trips idea of what fans want.

I was willing Reigns to win just to give us a shock moment.
Guest 34041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2014, 22:49   #483
Matt KB
Meow meow meow

Have to say though, the Brian/Wyatt match was fantastic.

Tag titles weren't bad but shame they were on the pre show.
Old 27-01-2014, 22:51   #484
Guest 34041
Trusted User

Surely the money matches are Punk or Bryan v Cena. I'm no Cena fan but the guy has way more star power than Batista. And he can work.
Old 27-01-2014, 23:07   #485
marc_angelus
Trusted User

the thing is, come Mania, the title match will be completely overshadowed by Undertaker vs ???? (Sting perhaps, he's in talks again and is out of contract at TNA) and whatever 'emotional' match they end up doing. It's funny really because with Bryan being so heavily over with the fans, he's about the last person they need to give the title to. Brock Lesnar is in the Wrestlemania picture too so I wouldn't guarantee Batista or Orton to be in the title match yet, as WWE do like to get wrestlers to put their guaranteed shots on the line, and I can imagine Batista vs Lesnar being the fued that will run over the next few weeks/months, and Orton could well drop the belt(s) at Elimination Chamber
Old 27-01-2014, 23:10   #486
Guest 34041
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc_angelus View Post
the thing is, come Mania, the title match will be completely overshadowed by Undertaker vs ???? (Sting perhaps, he's in talks again and is out of contract at TNA) and whatever 'emotional' match they end up doing. It's funny really because with Bryan being so heavily over with the fans, he's about the last person they need to give the title to. Brock Lesnar is in the Wrestlemania picture too so I wouldn't guarantee Batista or Orton to be in the title match yet, as WWE do like to get wrestlers to put their guaranteed shots on the line, and I can imagine Batista vs Lesnar being the fued that will run over the next few weeks/months, and Orton could well drop the belt(s) at Elimination Chamber

I don't think Bryan should necessarily be the champ. But he should be in the main event of most PPVs simply because he is so entertaining to watch. Same applies to Punk and The Shield. Wrestling should have moved on from putting the big scary muscular guys at the top of the card.
Old 27-01-2014, 23:18   #487
marc_angelus
Trusted User

like it or not, Wrestlemania isn't a normal wrestling PPV though, it's like the Superbowl, watched by millions who don't normally even watch the sport, so the focus tends to lean more towards showcasing people who non wrestling fans have heard of to increase buy-rates, hence people like Batista who is probably now on his way to becoming the 2nd most famous wrestler-turned-actor, Lesnar a UFC guy, Undertaker, who everyone's heard of, The Rock, Hogan even maybe tending to fill out the top end of the card, plus of course the always abysmal celebrity match and way too many live music performances.
Old 27-01-2014, 23:20   #488
Guest 34041
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc_angelus View Post
like it or not, Wrestlemania isn't a normal wrestling PPV though, it's like the Superbowl, watched by millions who don't normally even watch the sport, so the focus tends to lean more towards showcasing people who non wrestling fans have heard of to increase buy-rates, hence people like Batista who is probably now on his way to becoming the 2nd most famous wrestler-turned-actor, Lesnar a UFC guy, Undertaker, who everyone's heard of, The Rock, Hogan even maybe tending to fill out the top end of the card, plus of course the always abysmal celebrity match and way too many live music performances.

Probably true but if you put on a pure wrestling match between Punk and Bryan then I bet the casual fan would still love it. They wouldn't be paying 60 bucks if they didn't at least like the sport.
Old 28-01-2014, 12:22   #489
H Dot
Trusted User

Enjoyed the matches leading up to the Rumble match Bray vs Bryan was probably the stand out of the PPV. The main event was a bit anti climatic the surprise entrants were poor and Rey got booed when coming out at No 30 as the crowd were expecting Daniel Bryan made me laugh.

How unfit did Batista look? He was completely gassed after the match and could barely climb the ropes to celebrate whereas Roman who had been in the ring for more than 30 mins looked like he could wrestle another match.

I reckon the title match for Mania will be Batista vs Brock. Hopefully the rumored Sting vs Undertaker will happen before Sting goes in the HOF next year.
H Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2014, 22:51   #490
Matt KB
Meow meow meow

Just watched the end again, Batista really stunk it up, he was totally worn out and was completely outclassed by everyone he went up against. Him vs Reigns was embarrassing for Dave IMO.

WWE should be ashamed of the direction they took - I think the boos are great to be honest, shows them they need to be accountable for the bookings. Chants of "This is awful" in WM30 main events (possibly) would be very bad, not sure how you can edit that out of DVDs etc. When the crowd are actively telling the company what they want (although they don't always know what's best) you have to give a little surely?

I can't think of many (any??) instances where someone has been chanted by the crowds across a number of matches they aren't even in! Bryan was chanted even in Batista's celebration!
Old 29-01-2014, 07:18   #491
Guest 34041
Trusted User

Reports suggesting CM Punk has walked out from the Smackdown taping and 'gone home'. Oh dear
Old 29-01-2014, 09:00   #492
crunchman
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by einstein View Post
Reports suggesting CM Punk has walked out from the Smackdown taping and 'gone home'. Oh dear
CM Punk has been removed from all shows going forward. Last night he told Vince he was going home and did so. Source is The Wrestling Observer.

It was pretty evident the last few weeks he's been hurting really badly. Hopefully he gets some rest.

UPDATE: Dave Meltzer is now reporting that people in the company did not expect Punk to sign again in July due to injuries and being burnt out and were of the mind that he would be gone. The expectation now is that Punk will not be returning. Of course this could always change if Punk decides he wants to work.

Doesn't look good at all!

Rumble was a right bunch of **** this year too
crunchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 10:31   #493
H Dot
Trusted User

That's bad news on the Punk front. Hopefully he gets himself healed and comes back
Old 03-02-2014, 09:34   #494
H Dot
Trusted User

Dolph Zigger shoot interview pretty much agree with all he has to say

Old 03-02-2014, 09:38   #495
Adge
PSN: adge_uk XBL: adgeuk

He's 100% correct. They are burying the talent of one of the finest rosters they've ever had - I've switched off now.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:43   #496
marc_angelus
Trusted User

it wasn't a real shoot though, was it. What with DB being held back, CM Punk taking his toys and going home and Ziggler "shooting" - it seems to me there's a talent vs superstardom angle on the way..
Old 03-02-2014, 10:45   #497
Matt KB
Meow meow meow

Hope not, it gives me WCW flashbacks.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:29   #498
internetuser
XBL / PSN : Googleboogle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adge View Post
He's 100% correct. They are burying the talent of one of the finest rosters they've ever had - I've switched off now.
How many times do wrestling fans say this ?
internetuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 22:18   #499
mullethead
Hold the S, I am an ain't

This is probably the best place to ask this - does anyone know if the us blu-rays are region free?

I quite fancy the look of the Steve Austin blu and it's only $11 on amazon.com, compared to Ł29 for a 'used' copy on amazon.co.uk.

Thanks
Old 08-02-2014, 10:53   #500
Guest 85995
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Dot View Post
Dolph Zigger shoot interview pretty much agree with all he has to say

anyone tell this fool wrestling is fake.
Guest 85995 is offline   Reply With Quote