Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Sports Forum

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2012, 00:49   #141
swanny
RIP
 
swanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 9,753
Thanks: 20
Thanked 81 Times in 38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2000s View Post
Look everyone JJ's back
swanny is offline  
Old 07-02-2012, 00:56   #142
The Bear
Old-gold and black member
 
The Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Molineux
Posts: 16,977
Thanks: 473
Thanked 1,698 Times in 579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwf View Post
Your manager is a ******* idiot and still he is condoning a racist. He has been found guilty by the FA so why does he insist on saying Saurez has done nothing wrong.
He may as well have conducted that interview to violins.
The Bear is offline  
Old 07-02-2012, 01:00   #143
The Bear
Old-gold and black member
 
The Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Molineux
Posts: 16,977
Thanks: 473
Thanked 1,698 Times in 579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2000s View Post
What a joke .........You had a pop at Carroll, Swanny makes a little jab back at your team, then you spend the rest of your evening on here trying to have a go......laugh at you calling us precious
I didn't realise laughing at a Carroll miss was such a serious offence that I was going to get slagged off in return to be honest. Your own fans do it plenty.

I actually thought he had a good game apart from him not scoring btw. So did Sky, not that Kenny let that get in the way of his whining about being asked about him.
The Bear is offline  
Old 07-02-2012, 01:14   #144
d2000s
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Posts: 5,461
Thanks: 35
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
I didn't realise laughing at a Carroll miss was such a serious offence that I was going to get slagged off in return to be honest. Your own fans do it plenty.

.
Swanny hurt your feelings so you gave attitude the rest of the night, that's all i said. I don't really care if you slag off Carroll, you're the only one who was crying about receiving some abuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bear View Post

I actually thought he had a good game apart from him not scoring btw. So did Sky, not that Kenny let that get in the way of his whining about being asked about him.
I thought he was decent, he's showing a bit more confidence now in his general play,working for the team, showing some good touches and winning balls in the air which hopefully suarez can pick up on now.
d2000s is offline  
Old 07-02-2012, 01:21   #145
Guest 19514
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,859
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwf View Post
Your manager is a ******* idiot and still he is condoning a racist. He has been found guilty by the FA so why does he insist on saying Saurez has done nothing wrong.
Cos none of the accusations against him were proven and he was found guilty because he wasn't able to defend himself against the accusations.

If evras version of events was what happened, surely there would've been at least one bit of video/audio/report from another person on the pitch no? Yet it seems there wasn't.

But don't let the facts get in the way of your usual spoutings.
Guest 19514 is offline  
Old 07-02-2012, 03:13   #146
the_daddy
PSN - the_daddy2009
 
the_daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: South Wales
Posts: 6,620
Thanks: 257
Thanked 142 Times in 46 Posts
Ahh Kenny.. Such a bitter individual.

His attempts at creating a siege mentality at LFC are failing miserably and his comment regarding Suarez racial abuse case was just plain sad.
__________________
PSN - the_daddy2009
the_daddy is offline  
Old 07-02-2012, 05:43   #147
LouBarlow
Retired Member
 
LouBarlow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 55,657
Thanks: 924
Thanked 979 Times in 620 Posts
^^^ agree

Instead of just drawing a line under matters, and being happy to have his player back, he stirs it all up again. Genius.

Nice to see Suarez marking his return with quiet grace and dignity....oh no wait, he was just an utter **** bag from the moment he came on. Go figure.
LouBarlow is offline  
Old 07-02-2012, 07:15   #148
Fever Dawg
Genetically different
 
Fever Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: The Place Unbeknownst
Posts: 10,242
Thanks: 6
Thanked 11 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slideymoo View Post
If evras version of events was what happened, surely there would've been at least one bit of video/audio/report from another person on the pitch no? Yet it seems there wasn't.

Oh god, here we go again ....

Are you denying that a 'conversation' between Evra & Suarez even took place?

It clearly did so why do you find it so difficult to understand why no other player heard or understood it? 'Surely', if Liverpool players had heard it then they'd have testified to what was actually said if it was different to Evra's version?
Fever Dawg is offline  
Old 07-02-2012, 08:13   #149
Fever Dawg
Genetically different
 
Fever Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: The Place Unbeknownst
Posts: 10,242
Thanks: 6
Thanked 11 Times in 6 Posts
So nice to have him back playing football.

.....

Last edited by Fever Dawg; 07-02-2012 at 18:47.
Fever Dawg is offline  
Old 07-02-2012, 08:20   #150
mjb1975
Blandiblub
 
mjb1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Kent
Posts: 12,315
Thanks: 30
Thanked 160 Times in 109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyman View Post
Just back- what was Suarez booked for, didn't see anything from my position.
He caught Parker in the midriff with a very high (dangerously so) swing of his leg. Rightly booked.

In fact, Michael Oliver seemed to get pretty much everything spot on. The abuse he was getting from Carroll, clearly caught on camera was pretty bad though - thought he could book him or something (I know there'd be a lot more bookings for such things - from all teams - but maybe there should be).
__________________
'Haven't you ever practiced on one of your girlfriends?'
mjb1975 is offline  
Old 07-02-2012, 08:38   #151
d2000s
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Posts: 5,461
Thanks: 35
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slideymoo View Post
Cos none of the accusations against him were proven and he was found guilty because he wasn't able to defend himself against the accusations.

If evras version of events was what happened, surely there would've been at least one bit of video/audio/report from another person on the pitch no? Yet it seems there wasn't.

But don't let the facts get in the way of your usual spoutings.
............ can we please not go over this again? It just kills the thread.
d2000s is offline  
Old 07-02-2012, 08:48   #152
campdave
Trusted User
 
campdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 6,179
Thanks: 13
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2000s View Post
............ can we please not go over this again? It just kills the thread.
Perhaps you could ask your manager to do the same thing.
campdave is offline  
Old 07-02-2012, 08:54   #153
d2000s
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Posts: 5,461
Thanks: 35
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by campdave View Post
Perhaps you could ask your manager to do the same thing.
Yeah, I'll just phone him now............. you lot would hate it if he did though.
d2000s is offline  
Old 07-02-2012, 09:07   #154
Deron
PS4 Gamertag: D3RONG
 
Deron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 12,565
Thanks: 55
Thanked 96 Times in 57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb1975 View Post
He caught Parker in the midriff with a very high (dangerously so) swing of his leg. Rightly booked.

In fact, Michael Oliver seemed to get pretty much everything spot on. The abuse he was getting from Carroll, clearly caught on camera was pretty bad though - thought he could book him or something (I know there'd be a lot more bookings for such things - from all teams - but maybe there should be).
He was quite good actually...Seemed to get all of the flash points right...and didn't allow himself to be influenced by anyone else or the crowd.

The 4 yellow cards were all warranted.

As for the Suarez yellow, it was a definite yellow card, but it was obviously accidental. As he was looking at the ball.

Carroll should have been booked too. The potty mouth fool...
__________________
"If you can't support us when we lose or draw, don't support us when we win." Bill Shankly
500px
Deron is offline  
Old 07-02-2012, 09:21   #155
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 4,432
Thanks: 60
Thanked 45 Times in 11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2000s View Post
............ can we please not go over this again? It just kills the thread.
But you don't mind going over and over the money issue in the Manchester City thread which to a few City fans who have pm'd me has said that it has 'killed' their thread
__________________
Oh, Man City, the only football team to come from Manchester
Citysmith is offline  
Old 07-02-2012, 09:33   #156
nutter45
burninator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: London
Posts: 10,539
Thanks: 1,336
Thanked 579 Times in 379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deron View Post
He was quite good actually...Seemed to get all of the flash points right...and didn't allow himself to be influenced by anyone else or the crowd.

The 4 yellow cards were all warranted.

As for the Suarez yellow, it was a definite yellow card, but it was obviously accidental. As he was looking at the ball.

Carroll should have been booked too. The potty mouth fool...
Refs never get any credit. I thought overall, and certainly relative to others, he was excellent last night.
nutter45 is offline  
Old 07-02-2012, 09:43   #157
jab1990
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,145
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fever Dawg View Post
So nice to have him back playing football.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/a...0_1449571a.jpg
Should never have been banned

jab1990 is offline  
Old 07-02-2012, 09:47   #158
DeadYankee
.
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Orkney
Posts: 34,304
Thanks: 1,292
Thanked 2,047 Times in 1,078 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citysmith View Post
But you don't mind going over and over the money issue in the Manchester City thread which to a few City fans who have pm'd me has said that it has 'killed' their thread
That's the price you pay for buying success
DeadYankee is offline  
Old 07-02-2012, 10:08   #159
campdave
Trusted User
 
campdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 6,179
Thanks: 13
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2000s View Post
you lot would hate it if he did though.
o rly?
campdave is offline  
Old 07-02-2012, 10:32   #160
d2000s
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Posts: 5,461
Thanks: 35
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
............ can we please not go over this again? It just kills the thread.


But you don't mind going over and over the money issue in the Manchester City thread which to a few City fans who have pm'd me has said that it has 'killed' their thread
It's generally raised first by city fans and i respond, look to yourself and your fellow fans if you don't want it raised again...... just like i just did. Also the money issue is ongoing, suarez had a trial, was found guilty and was punished, it's over and it's time for everyone to move on. When your team starts behaving like a football club again, i'll stop.

Also, tell the city fans who pm you to grow a pair
d2000s is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Manchester United Thread 2011/2012 Alan b Sports Forum 1000 09-03-2012 13:26
The Manchester United 2011/2012 Thread Alan b Sports Forum 1006 16-01-2012 16:29
The Liverpool FC Thread 2011/2012 Alan b Sports Forum 999 23-12-2011 10:28
The Liverpool FC Thread 2011/2012 Alan b Sports Forum 1034 20-11-2011 18:31
The Manchester City 2011-2012 Thread Alan b Sports Forum 1024 09-11-2011 16:27

All times are GMT. The time now is 16:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018 Poisonous Monkey Ltd. Part of The Digital Fix Network