Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Television Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 08:00   #1
HenryKrinkle
Clean, like my conscience

Never Mind the Buzzcocks...!

New series started last night and whilst watching it, the thought struck me...'didn't this used to be funny?'. A few smiles were forthcoming for sure, but it seems the show has turned into the Mark Lamarr show...and what an incredibly annoying tosser he is!! He takes a mildly amusing one-liner and turns it into a tedious 5 minute tirade, where the only one laughing is him...and the canned laughter track. He can give Brent a run for his money in the disbelieving embarrassment stakes.

...after 10 minutes I had the overwhelming desire to put on a pair of golf shoes and jump up and down on his stupidly smug head

...oh, and while I think about last night's telly...'Dead Ringers' completed an hour of complete crap on BBC2 last night, I can only assume it was better on radio...it makes Alastair Mcgowan(?) look like a total genius...which he ain't! :rolleyes:
Old 06-01-2004, 08:48   #2
MarkR
Gamertag : Richo the Red

This was terrible last night and didn't get my full attention like it usually does. I think it has run it's course now.
Old 06-01-2004, 10:16   #3
Guest 320
Trusted User

When Lamarr started hitting Bill Bailey i felt slightly uncomfortable. And after 5 minutes of him hitting Bill Bailey i gave up and switched over.
Old 06-01-2004, 11:44   #4
Guest 28082
Trusted User

Well, I thought it was one of the funniest shows I've seen!
Old 06-01-2004, 11:59   #5
mikegray
Trusted User

But the Christmas one with DJ Sammy was excellent.
Old 06-01-2004, 12:12   #6
HenryKrinkle

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisParrott
Well, I thought it was one of the funniest shows I've seen!
...I know we all have different tastes but... ...there was nothing to laugh at, it was embarrassing and Lamarr is a complete dick!!

...I think it's gone on too long, I will not be watching again...shame
Old 06-01-2004, 12:17   #7

obviously couldn't think of enough to fill the show as they must've spent about 5 mins just trying to stare out the guy in the line-up (was funny for the first 15 seconds). Then as you say when he started hitting bill bailey it was a bit uncalled for and wasn't really funny.
Not a great episode but hoping things pick up for next weeks else i might just switch off too.

Old 06-01-2004, 12:19   #8
fattyboombatty
The idiots are winning

Re: Never Mind the Buzzcocks...!

Quote:
Originally posted by HenryKrinkle
but it seems the show has turned into the Mark Lamarr show...and what an incredibly annoying tosser he is!!
thought this for a few series now. he refuses to let anyone else get a laugh. he jumps all over the 2 captains gags and even if he lets 1 or 2 slide he always has to add to it, so he gets the last laugh the guests are litteraly scared to even attemp humour as lamarr will constantly pick at any mistakes they make. the show is more or less unwatcable, now. i really don't understand his actions as its him who is going to get the bad press. maybe he wants out of his contract and is purposely acting like an idiot. either way the beeb need to knock this tired show on it's head.

..........or replace lamarr

Last edited by fattyboombatty; 06-01-2004 at 12:22.
Old 06-01-2004, 12:39   #9
aprout
worn to perfection

Location: Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs
those of you who switched over before the 'Next Lines' bit at the end missed the highlight of the entire show.

Lamarr: "Who's the cat that won't cop out When there's danger all about?"

Bloke from Fame Academy & Casualty (totally seriously): "Top Cat!"

Old 06-01-2004, 13:45   #10
Bapapapa
ᗧ。。。。。。ᗣᗣᗣᗣ

HenryKrinkle
Banned

Obviously the mods are Lamarr fans and have taken offence..
Old 06-01-2004, 15:54   #11
MarkR

Quote:
Originally posted by Bapapapa
HenryKrinkle
Banned

Obviously the mods are Lamarr fans and have taken offence..

Very observant.
Old 07-01-2004, 01:05   #12
Guest 329
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally posted by martinb
When Lamarr started hitting Bill Bailey i felt slightly uncomfortable. And after 5 minutes of him hitting Bill Bailey i gave up and switched over.
I tried my best to ignore Lamarr hitting him and completely cracked up at some of the answers he was giving to the next lines!
Old 07-01-2004, 11:40   #13
Woz
Viva indifference

Well, I thought it was one of the best ones I've seen.

Mind you - I've been to see Mark Lamarr and Bill Bailey live (on seperate occasions, and they were both fantastic), so I wouldn't really mind if it WAS the Lamarr and Bailey show (tm).
Old 07-01-2004, 12:00   #14
Guest 21806
Ive Found ELVIS

Location: it's like a jungle sometimes It makes me wonder how I keep from going under
Quote:
Originally posted by Warren Alexander
Mind you - I've been to see Mark Lamarr and Bill Bailey live (on seperate occasions, and they were both fantastic
same here and I though Mark Lamarr was quite good but seemed blind to the fact that he looked a pratt
Bill bailey was the highlight of one Reading festival a few years back... well worth treading over everyones legs to get a seat... well I call it a seat more like a pair of legs which were quite uncomfortable to sit on for a whole hour -

Buzzcocks was about the same as usual if you ask me, I often think Lamarrs quite unpredictable - sometimes funny sometimes too harsh and unfunny

the Bill bailey beating incident was cringeworthy, if you look at Bill's face you can tell hes grimacing behind that bulldog smile of his

Maybe its time for the BBC Commissioning axe to fall on this show... its past its prime

might end up as pathetic and up its own jacksy as question of sport.. now that really is a bunch of unfunny wazzocks slapping each others backs with their 'in' jokes which to me are just pathetic. Give me Carry on Doctor anyday

mojo
Old 13-01-2004, 11:32   #15
HenryKrinkle

Saw it again last night...had nothing else to do since I was banned from the forums...and Lamarr was still full of himself I see! :rolleyes: Bill Bailey was funny, so was the Jupitous monster, but Lamarr needs a severe beating

Would this show work with a new presenter? ...or should it just be canned.

Didn't Tony Hadley look like a fat, ruddy faced club singer?

MODS...where's my post count gone?????

Last edited by HenryKrinkle; 13-01-2004 at 11:33.
Old 13-01-2004, 11:41   #16
Guest 2758
Here and now

I 'd agree with most of what people have said. I used to really like this show but Mark Lamarr is out of control and its just not funny anymore

Most disappointing.

Henry: Your post count gets reset after a ban you bad boy
Old 13-01-2004, 11:42   #17

I agree totally, a far cry from what it used to be and i doubt i'll be watching it anymore

Old 13-01-2004, 11:49   #18
darthballs
Large Member

Yep,

I agree with the unfunny crowd. After watching the first two episodes I won't be viewing again. This show used to be one of the best and also one of the few tv programmes I'd actually make the effort to watch.

Ah well, another one bites the dust...
Old 13-01-2004, 13:17   #19
MarkR

Does anyone else think that They think it's all over has gone the way of buzzcocks and outstayed it's welcome?
I'm not sure whether it's because David and Gary have gone or what but it's just not as good. I actually preferred it in the days of Lee Hurst.
Old 13-01-2004, 13:47   #20
HenryKrinkle

I kinda agree with you MarkR, although it depends on wether you like Jonathon Ross or not. He provides the funniest moments by far and I used to like it when he took the rise(...see how well behaved I'm being mods ) out of David Gower. When Tuffnel and Seaman replaced the captains this series, I thought it could go either way...unfortunately it's gone the wrong way! Tuffnel just doesn't say enough, he's a bit of a laaaad but that ain't funny in itself. As for Seaman...what a stupid dopey face he has, then he opens his mouth and the picture is complete

...they should sub him immediately!! I know some people have said that Lineker was a bit similar when he started out(...and he wasn't funny either, so no loss there) but I can never imagine Seaman becoming a TV personality in any capacity...he's just too much of a grinning pillock
Closed Thread