Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Television Discussion

Old 26-05-2012, 08:43   #121
boonspoon
SILENCE!! I KEEEEL YOU!!

But that was the Germans, you know, the guys who's asses America kicked back in the 40's??? They totally deserved it.......

But I see what you're saying. And of course there was the famous one by Shawn Michaels where he stuffed the Canadian flag up his nose and I think also rubbed it across his crotch like his was drying himself off after a shower.
Old 26-05-2012, 08:52   #122
dmb6473a
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonspoon View Post
But I see what you're saying. And of course there was the famous one by Shawn Michaels where he stuffed the Canadian flag up his nose and I think also rubbed it across his crotch like his was drying himself off after a shower.

Yet Finlay gets Miz to interrupt the US national anthem, a couple of soldiers get upset, and Finlay gets fired.
dmb6473a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2012, 09:08   #123
boonspoon
SILENCE!! I KEEEEL YOU!!

I think with that though it was guys from the National Guard and because they are a major sponsor of WWE, the office thought it best Finlay was thrown under the bus for it (he was the booker of that house show) and the heat was deflected off them.

Why they haven't decided to bring him back since the fuss has died down from it I don't know. The guy could certainly be helping some of the Divas with their in-ring work.
Old 27-05-2012, 17:14   #124
marc_angelus
Trusted User

news doing the rounds today is that Brock Lesnar might be in talks to return to UFC. Apparently Cena talking to the crowd after their PPV match wasn't what he was told was going to happen, Cena was meant to be carried out on a stretcher and not seen for a while, to sell Brock being a monster.

Cena talking to the crowd, and then showing up on Raw the night after apparently ****** Brock off, and he his contract with WWE might allow him to leave if he wants, or work MMA in between his WWE appearances, which i doubt Vince would go along with with the risk of injury.
Old 27-05-2012, 20:12   #125
Thomasd
Trusted User

I was assuming the two companies were working together to an extent, what with the current storyline of Brock "quitting".
Thomasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2012, 11:40   #126
hannay
Trusted User

so they are making the big show the new destroyer of all. Reminds me of the Mark Henry stink last year or whenever it was. Where is he now anyhoo?
hannay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2012, 11:42   #127
marc_angelus
Trusted User

appears so. I was kinda looking forward to seeing him vs Brodus Clay but since i couldn't see either one of them losing that match i knew it wasn't really going to happen.
Old 30-05-2012, 11:53   #128
boonspoon
SILENCE!! I KEEEEL YOU!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannay View Post
so they are making the big show the new destroyer of all. Reminds me of the Mark Henry stink last year or whenever it was. Where is he now anyhoo?
Mark has had groin surgery (surgery he should have had at the start of the year but WWE made him work through it. I mean heaven forbid one of their top stars would want to be healthy!!! ).

He has said though that if he doesn't feel he can give 100% when he comes back, he may just hang up the (pretty big) tights.

They need a monster big man just now (and Kane hasn't exactly set the heather on fire () since his return) so I guess the next best option is Show.
Old 30-05-2012, 11:55   #129
hannay
Trusted User

yeah, i think he's better in this role too really.
Old 30-05-2012, 16:24   #130
H Dot
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonspoon View Post
They need a monster big man just now (and Kane hasn't exactly set the heather on fire () since his return) so I guess the next best option is Show.
What about Goldberg?? Sorry I mean Ryback
H Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2012, 16:42   #131
Thomasd
Trusted User

Turns out the Lesnar thing was entirely his idea to further his "quitting" storyline. The meeting with the UFC head didn't go well as he clearly wouldn't want a WWE competitor fighting in the UFC at the same time.

Not sure where it would have gone anyway, would be a bit risky for his WWE commitments if he started doing UFC fights in-between.
Thomasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2012, 11:46   #132
hannay
Trusted User

I see Randy Orton has been hit with a 60 Day Suspension - wellness policy again.
Old 31-05-2012, 11:55   #133
marc_angelus
Trusted User

Orton? Damn, they certainly don't mess about. Surely they wouldn't fire him if he got his third strike though, that would be amazingly bad for business
Old 31-05-2012, 13:46   #134
H Dot
Trusted User

Hasn't Rey had 3 strikes? He's still around
Old 31-05-2012, 13:52   #135
marc_angelus
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Dot View Post
Hasn't Rey had 3 strikes? He's still around
nah, got his 2nd one last month. Guys like that would walk straight into the title picture in TNA for sure, and someone like Randy Orton could take them to the next level. I can't imagine him ever getting to his 3rd strike..

Last edited by marc_angelus; 31-05-2012 at 13:54.
marc_angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:42   #136
hannay
Trusted User

I'm assuming these comedy segments (RAW "Main event" this week) are padding while the world tours happen?
Old 06-06-2012, 09:38   #137
H Dot
Trusted User

The BBQ sauce stuff was awful. Just think we've 3hrs of this to look forward to come next month. The most interesting stuff for me is the Punk/Bryan feud I don't know why Kane has been added we all know he's only ever going to win a title when there is no one else to push. Wish they would give the ball to Ziggler let him run with it like they did to Bryan and Punk last year.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:34   #138
marc_angelus
Trusted User

oh come on, who doesn't like seeing Cole getting humiliated? I did actually predict the end of that match wrong for a change though, so well done WWE for actually bluffing well. Big Show with the night off, match vs Cole is no DQ, surely Big Show's going to turn up out of the crowd and KO John Cena so Cole gets the 1-2-3 right?

It does look like Ziggler's starting to get a push again. Sure he still lost to Sheamus two shows running, but the matches were both pretty good, last week's especially, and of course he's going to lose to the champ. It looks like he might be severing ties with Swagger/Vickie in the near future, which can only be a good thing.

I'm loving AJ at the moment. Surely the best bit of acting from a Diva in years? I just know she's going to be instrumental in deciding where the title ends up at No Way Out (and gotta love this poster)

but not the video quite so much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=gqNROeODBPY

Last edited by marc_angelus; 06-06-2012 at 10:40.
marc_angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 22:53   #139
dmb6473a
Trusted User

Saw Jericho and Fozzy tonight. You definitely get the impression that he'd give up wrestling in a second if the band took off in a big way. They were very good.
dmb6473a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:53   #140
boonspoon
SILENCE!! I KEEEEL YOU!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc_angelus View Post
oh come on, who doesn't like seeing Cole getting humiliated? I did actually predict the end of that match wrong for a change though, so well done WWE for actually bluffing well. Big Show with the night off, match vs Cole is no DQ, surely Big Show's going to turn up out of the crowd and KO John Cena so Cole gets the 1-2-3 right?

It does look like Ziggler's starting to get a push again. Sure he still lost to Sheamus two shows running, but the matches were both pretty good, last week's especially, and of course he's going to lose to the champ. It looks like he might be severing ties with Swagger/Vickie in the near future, which can only be a good thing.

I'm loving AJ at the moment. Surely the best bit of acting from a Diva in years? I just know she's going to be instrumental in deciding where the title ends up at No Way Out (and gotta love this poster)

but not the video quite so much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=gqNROeODBPY
Thining about AJ (and boy... do I.....), I think it could be interesting to see her actually end up helping Punk but remain this crazy, psycho chick.

Any time we've had a crazy Diva, she's always been a heel. Why not go with her as a face, but still have her as a whack-job?? It would certainly be something quite different.