Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Sports Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2006, 21:28   #10
d2000s
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by john316
Another small striker would leave us unbalanced up front I think - we've currently got a target man/hold up player in Crouch, a fast striker in Bellamy and a predator in Fowler. I think the 4th striker needs to be more like Crouch but a better goal threat - just what Morientes should have been. Kuyt seems to be the only link that fits the mould so far. But there may be others out there we just don't know about yet!
I think we just need to focus on getting a striker that will score regularly, rather than worrying about what type of striker we get - Crouch and Bellamy will both be able to play with most other "moulds", so thats not an issue. If we buy another good striker we will never see Fowler next season unless 2 of the other 3 get injured.
Personally, of all the strikers we have been linked with and could realistically get, I think Anelka would be my preferred choice. His attitude can be called into question off the pitch, but the thought of him and Bellamy together would scare the hell out of most defences with their pace.