Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Sports Forum

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2017, 08:12   #2661
MICON
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,971
Thanks: 14
Thanked 51 Times in 32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravoman View Post
Gutted Chelsea have missed out on buying him back, but glad they were unwilling to pay agents fees!! As Adam said that shows what's wrong with the game now.
Chelsea & Man city blood money is what is wrong with the game. Paying obscene amounts for players with unearned money, has meant real clubs who earned the money from success & fans, have to 'up the money' they pay, thus sucking money out of the fans pockets.
MICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 08:43   #2662
Bravoman
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: W-S-M
Posts: 4,147
Thanks: 1,039
Thanked 255 Times in 158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICON View Post
Chelsea & Man city blood money is what is wrong with the game. Paying obscene amounts for players with unearned money, has meant real clubs who earned the money from success & fans, have to 'up the money' they pay, thus sucking money out of the fans pockets.
So you wouldn't be happy if a mega rich Russian or Arab came in and brought UTD and then bought Renaldo, Messi, Bale or whoever regardless of cost?
Bravoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 08:49   #2663
MaxNutter
20
 
MaxNutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Timperley
Posts: 15,222
Thanks: 207
Thanked 610 Times in 369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravoman View Post
So you wouldn't be happy if a mega rich Russian or Arab came in and brought UTD and then bought Renaldo, Messi, Bale or whoever regardless of cost?
No, not really. It'd **** the game up completely.

I'd like an owner who didn't necessarily put megabucks in, but also didn't take a lot out either.

The Russian oligarchs are all gone now, and the oil money won't last forever.
__________________
"He has his mother's eyes..."
"I thought we had them?"
MaxNutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 08:50   #2664
MICON
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,971
Thanks: 14
Thanked 51 Times in 32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravoman View Post
So you wouldn't be happy if a mega rich Russian or Arab came in and brought UTD and then bought Renaldo, Messi, Bale or whoever regardless of cost?
I would not like it one bit. It would no longer be Manchester United but just the crook/s who bought it. If the FA had any balls they would have stopped it in it's tracks, but hey a nice villa in the Caribbean goes a long way.
MICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 11:25   #2665
madstu
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Anywhere
Posts: 3,767
Thanks: 32
Thanked 61 Times in 29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravoman View Post
Gutted Chelsea have missed out on buying him back, but glad they were unwilling to pay agents fees!! As Adam said that shows what's wrong with the game now.


That's just BS briefed from Chelsea to try and save face. If they had offered the same amount to Everton and Lukaku wanted to go to Chelsea, that's exactly where he would be going.

Are Chelsea really going to lose out on their no 1 target, a player the manager really wants and whom allegedly wants to 'go back home' over a few million. Not on your nelly. Are Utd now signing someone against their will, who really wants to go to Chelsea and is only going to Utd due to his nasty agent?

Ps - not in anyway like that ridiculous Mikel transfer.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"Ares, God of War, be praised! I shall discombobulate the entire world!!!"
madstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 11:56   #2666
Bravoman
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: W-S-M
Posts: 4,147
Thanks: 1,039
Thanked 255 Times in 158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madstu View Post
That's just BS briefed from Chelsea to try and save face. If they had offered the same amount to Everton and Lukaku wanted to go to Chelsea, that's exactly where he would be going.

Are Chelsea really going to lose out on their no 1 target, a player the manager really wants and whom allegedly wants to 'go back home' over a few million. Not on your nelly. Are Utd now signing someone against their will, who really wants to go to Chelsea and is only going to Utd due to his nasty agent?
no doubt Chelsea have lost face and no one has said Lukaku is being forced to go somewhere.

We will never know the real truth but a few news outlets are reporting that Chelsea offered the agent 10m less than UTD...so with a bit of whispering in his ear the player is persuaded that UTD is the place he really wants to be rather than 'going back home' As I said it's all talk and we will never know the real truth, as I would have been very happy to see him come home!!
Bravoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 12:30   #2667
AdamBrunt
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: UK
Posts: 24,696
Thanks: 134
Thanked 281 Times in 195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICON View Post
Chelsea & Man city blood money is what is wrong with the game. Paying obscene amounts for players with unearned money, has meant real clubs who earned the money from success & fans, have to 'up the money' they pay, thus sucking money out of the fans pockets.
Not sure how it is Chelsea and City's fault that Utd agreed to pay £45M to an agent ???

I am just surprised that Lukaku would choose to work under a manager who called passionless and lazy before selling him.

Also, rumours started yesterday that the Lukaku fee is actually nearer £90M. Add that to the £10M Rooney payoff and Everton really saw Utd coming Luckily for everyone else, they have spent if all on mediocrity

Last edited by AdamBrunt; 08-07-2017 at 12:45.
AdamBrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 12:41   #2668
The Bear
Old-gold and black member
 
The Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Molineux
Posts: 16,437
Thanks: 348
Thanked 1,524 Times in 491 Posts
The authorities and FIFA should stop these agents getting paid so much. It's not the clubs, players or agents fault.
The Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 12:43   #2669
AdamBrunt
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: UK
Posts: 24,696
Thanks: 134
Thanked 281 Times in 195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
The authorities and FIFA should stop these agents getting paid so much. It's not the clubs, players or agents fault.
Absolutely.
AdamBrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 13:13   #2670
madstu
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Anywhere
Posts: 3,767
Thanks: 32
Thanked 61 Times in 29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBrunt View Post
Not sure how it is Chelsea and City's fault that Utd agreed to pay £45M to an agent ???

I am just surprised that Lukaku would choose to work under a manager who called passionless and lazy before selling him.

Also, rumours started yesterday that the Lukaku fee is actually nearer £90M. Add that to the £10M Rooney payoff and Everton really saw Utd coming Luckily for everyone else, they have spent if all on mediocrity


What conjecture on figures!

The Lukaku and Rooney transfers are not linked. Anyone claiming that Utd are getting a bad deal by getting rid of Rooney is nuts - we've been trying to flog him for 6 months. Let's wait and see if we have to pay him off, as he's going to Everton I suspect not. He will always be remembered as a great player, but now we will bite the hand off of anyone who will take him.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"Ares, God of War, be praised! I shall discombobulate the entire world!!!"
madstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 13:15   #2671
madstu
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Anywhere
Posts: 3,767
Thanks: 32
Thanked 61 Times in 29 Posts
The Manchester Utd Thread 2015/2016

So Rooney has gone back to Everton as expected. What are people's thoughts?

Great player, top scorer for club and country. Fantastic team player. Clearly not the player he used to be and has been poor for two years, but perhaps the move will reignite him? He will get a fantastic reception when he returns to OT. Would love him to have an Indian Summer, although I think Everton will find out quickly that he's no longer good enough. That doesn't take anything away from his time with us.

His debut Hat-trick, Newcastle volley and City goal are some of the great memories.

Lastly, his departure has been very well handled by Utd, Jose and Rooney.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"Ares, God of War, be praised! I shall discombobulate the entire world!!!"
madstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 17:27   #2672
AdamBrunt
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: UK
Posts: 24,696
Thanks: 134
Thanked 281 Times in 195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICON View Post
Chelsea & Man city blood money is what is wrong with the game. Paying obscene amounts for players with unearned money, has meant real clubs who earned the money from success & fans, have to 'up the money' they pay, thus sucking money out of the fans pockets.
United have spent the best part of £200M on replacing Rooney with Pogba and Lukaku yet you accuse Chelsea and City of paying obscene amounts for players ??!!??

Last edited by AdamBrunt; 09-07-2017 at 17:29.
AdamBrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 17:42   #2673
MICON
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,971
Thanks: 14
Thanked 51 Times in 32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBrunt View Post
United have spent the best part of £200M on replacing Rooney with Pogba and Lukaku yet you accuse Chelsea and City of paying obscene amounts for players ??!!??
Can't you read. You missed where we earned the money & didn't use blood money.
MICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 17:46   #2674
AdamBrunt
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: UK
Posts: 24,696
Thanks: 134
Thanked 281 Times in 195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICON View Post
Can't you read. You missed where we earned the money & didn't use blood money.
Earned or not it makes no difference - even City and Chelsea and other clubs who have 'earned the money' aren't paying those prices. The fact remains that the only club currently inflating prices are United.

Though Everton being about to spend £90M on Pickford, Keane and Siggurdsson are giving you a good run for the money

Last edited by AdamBrunt; 09-07-2017 at 17:48.
AdamBrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 18:04   #2675
jockosjungle
formerly rbullivant
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Warrington
Posts: 23,010
Thanks: 285
Thanked 1,214 Times in 859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICON View Post
Can't you read. You missed where we earned the money & didn't use blood money.
Where are you getting your facts from? United can't afford £200m, they've got about £400m of debt. I'd be careful what names you sling about
jockosjungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 18:53   #2676
The Bear
Old-gold and black member
 
The Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Molineux
Posts: 16,437
Thanks: 348
Thanked 1,524 Times in 491 Posts
Earned from the Glazers pockets yeah.
The Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 19:08   #2677
MaxNutter
20
 
MaxNutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Timperley
Posts: 15,222
Thanks: 207
Thanked 610 Times in 369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbullivant View Post
Where are you getting your facts from? United can't afford £200m, they've got about £400m of debt. I'd be careful what names you sling about
Richest club in the world, no?
__________________
"He has his mother's eyes..."
"I thought we had them?"
MaxNutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 19:09   #2678
MaxNutter
20
 
MaxNutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Timperley
Posts: 15,222
Thanks: 207
Thanked 610 Times in 369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
Earned from the Glazers pockets yeah.
In spite of the Glazers.
__________________
"He has his mother's eyes..."
"I thought we had them?"
MaxNutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 20:10   #2679
jockosjungle
formerly rbullivant
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Warrington
Posts: 23,010
Thanks: 285
Thanked 1,214 Times in 859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxNutter View Post
Richest club in the world, no?
What does that mean? I'm guessing the likes of Chelsea would be up there as well.

You make a profit and spend it, otherwise you borrow it from a bank or a wealthy owner. As United have done and many others.

Possibly someone like Arsenal can take the moral high ground, but not United.
jockosjungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 20:46   #2680
MaxNutter
20
 
MaxNutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Timperley
Posts: 15,222
Thanks: 207
Thanked 610 Times in 369 Posts
Sorry, did they not publish those figures a couple of months ago?

The debt United have is down to the Glazers. If it wasn't for them we'd have more in the bank than Arsenal. They are pretty much the only owners who've taken out far more than they have put in.
__________________
"He has his mother's eyes..."
"I thought we had them?"
MaxNutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Manchester City Thread Alan b Sports Forum 1002 23-09-2012 17:28
The Manchester United Thread 2010/2011 Thread Alan b Sports Forum 1013 14-08-2011 17:28
The Manchester United Thread - 2010-11 - 2nd Fastest Sport Thread on the Forums rustybin Sports Forum 1035 22-03-2011 10:30
The Manchester United Thread Guest 4630 Sports Forum 3385 22-06-2004 21:54

All times are GMT. The time now is 16:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018 Poisonous Monkey Ltd. Part of The Digital Fix Network