Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > DVD and Blu-ray Discussion

Notices

Old 02-11-2013, 08:03   #61
jefflynne
Curly perms never die...

Re: Haloween BD 35th anniversary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anephric View Post
Picked this up today. Wow, the Jamie Lee convention doc is a waste of space. Shame they didn't put a decent doc on there, although I know they've done that to death on the DVDs.
Only just got round to watching this and boy, was it dragged out. Could easily have been a little 15 minute doc and made room for a decent length retrospective.

Also, am I the only one who thought that after a day spent in the company of JLC, I'd have been ready to kill her? Her heart is no doubt in the right place, but blimey, annoying...
jefflynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:09   #62
Guest 244
Purple Member

was JLC a halloween band?
Guest 244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:37   #63
Ste7en
Goin' Home to Satan

Jamie Lee Curtis
Old 02-11-2013, 14:10   #64
dunkrag
Captain Sanctimonious

Agreed. The new disc (apart from the picture- which is the best it has ever looked) is crap.

Shame I have to hang onto about 4 different releases of this to keep hold of all the good stuff.
dunkrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2014, 11:28   #65
Guest 23929
Xbox - KaRW/ PSN KaRW1

This seems like the best place to leave this. This year is turning into a vintage year for bluray. Not the biggest fan of the Halloween films but even I'm excited at this.

Complete Halloween Box Set

Halloween night - Haddonfield, IL. A young boy butchers his older sister with a kitchen knife. 15 years later, he escapes from a mental institution only to return home and terrorize the town, including babysitter Laurie Strode. Now pursued by Dr. Loomis, the doctor who tried to treat him until he realized that “what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply... evil”. His name is Michael Myers. And so began one of the most iconic horror franchises in history – what producers Moustapha Akkad and Debra Hill, writer/director John Carpenter and stars Jamie Lee Curtis & Donald Pleasence started has spawned 10 feature films and lasted over 35 years. Now, for the first time ever, experience the terror of every Halloween film available together in 1 set! This limited edition deluxe set includes 15 discs jammed with content Halloween fans will love. Brand new, never before seen bonus features including new interviews with cast and crew, commentaries, behind the scenes documentaries, and so much more. Plus, the NEVER BEFORE RELEASED Producer’s Cut of Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers! The set also features both Blu-ray versions of Halloween as well as the Network TV versions of Halloween and Halloween 2. Here it is, the one that started it all – Halloween: The Complete Collection.

Standard edition

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/Hal...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Halloween night - Haddonfield, IL. A young boy butchers his older sister with a kitchen knife. 15 years later, he escapes from a mental institution only to return home and terrorize the town, including babysitter Laurie Strode. Now pursued by Dr. Loomis, the doctor who tried to treat him until he realized that “what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply... evil”. His name is Michael Myers. And so began one of the most iconic horror franchises in history, spawned 10 feature films and lasted over 35 years. Now, for the first time ever, experience the terror of every Halloween film available together in 1 set! This collection includes all 10 Halloween films: Halloween, Halloween II, Halloween III: Season of the Witch, Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers, Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers, Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers, Halloween H20, Halloween: Resurrection, Rob Zombie’s Halloween and Halloween II. Here it is, the one that started it all – Halloween: The Complete Collection.

Last edited by KRW; 17-05-2014 at 11:30.
Guest 23929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2014, 17:40   #66
Ste7en
Goin' Home to Satan

Bloody stupid affiliate links...
Old 17-05-2014, 18:04   #67
Guest 23929
Xbox - KaRW/ PSN KaRW1

Yeah, sorry, I couldn't make the second one an affiliate and the first one is broken. I'll try to fix.
Old 17-05-2014, 18:14   #68
Guest 23929
Xbox - KaRW/ PSN KaRW1

nope, links broken. Can be found from here http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Hallow...lu-ray/104042/

Last edited by KRW; 17-05-2014 at 18:15.
Old 17-05-2014, 18:47   #69
Richie
Trusted User

Would be great if this had an excellent presentation of H20 (which I think is a criminally underrated flick). So far the best blu is the French/German release from Studio Canal. The only US release so far is a travesty.

And will Halloween II and III top the Shout Factory releases? Unlikely.
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2014, 21:40   #70
Guest 23929
Xbox - KaRW/ PSN KaRW1

The links have all gone, so either they've jumped the gun at Amazon or it was all a wind up? My pre-order still shows anyway.

I never got around to buying the Shout Factory releases so as long as they use the same transfer (if they haven't just licenced the whole disc) I'll be happy enough.
Old 17-05-2014, 22:08   #71
eye__writ
Trusted User

Probably a case of Amazon jumping the gun. There's an announcement due from Anchor Bay on Monday.
Old 18-05-2014, 19:04   #72
Guest 23929
Xbox - KaRW/ PSN KaRW1

Yeah, I've seen that now, ta, and my pre-order remains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
Would be great if this had an excellent presentation of H20 (which I think is a criminally underrated flick). So far the best blu is the French/German release from Studio Canal. The only US release so far is a travesty.

And will Halloween II and III top the Shout Factory releases? Unlikely.
Well, Shout Factory are supposed to be handling the releases of 6-8 so it might be a good release. 2 and 3 will be the Shout Factory discs, it is believed. No brainer for me, never bought any beyond the first release of Halloween.

I would also hope to get both cuts of the Rob Zombie movies.
Old 18-05-2014, 22:31   #73
Richie
Trusted User

Cool, that's good to know!
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2014, 23:14   #74
Guest 23929
Xbox - KaRW/ PSN KaRW1

It's all rumour and guesswork at the moment, I gather, but I have high hopes.
Old 19-05-2014, 16:18   #75
eye__writ
Trusted User

Anchor Bay's Twitter just updated...

Any news about what time they're announcing it?

Edit: Looks to be 8pm UK time. Although they've announced it in PST format, which isn't currently in use (PDT is) so I'm guessing they still mean 8pm our time.

Last edited by eye__writ; 19-05-2014 at 16:36.
eye__writ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2014, 17:03   #76
eye__writ
Trusted User

Latest from Fangoria:

http://www.fangoria.com/new/hallowee...hit-september/

Uniting every HALLOWEEN film in one set always seemed improbable. With rights spread between Anchor Bay, Shout! Factory and The Weinstein Company, the likelihood of tidily owning every venture (whether it featured Michael or not) was small. You may have guessed that’s until now. Anchor Bay and Shout! Factory have teamed on something seemingly unprecedented and surely exciting: HALLOWEEN: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION, which will not only boast every film to bear the HALLOWEEN name, including Rob Zombie’s pictures, but the first official release of the famed “Producer’s Cut” of HALLOWEEN: THE CURSE OF MICHAEL MYERS.

Coming September 23rd, HALLOWEEN: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION (THE DELUXE SET) contains all of the feature films; the Network TV cuts of HALLOWEEN and HALLOWEEN II; the “Producer’s Cut” of HALLOWEEN: THE CURSE OF MICHAEL MYERS; both versions of the original HALLOWEEN, the original Blu-ray™ release and the recently remastered 35th Anniversary version with the mono track added back in; hours of brand new supplemental material; and a 40-page collector’s booklet penned by FANGORIA’s own Michael Gingold. Additionally, a set featuring 10-discs and just the theatrical versions of each film will hit at a lower price point.

Find the full details of HALLOWEEN: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION below, and expect much more on the set, including artwork, in the coming months:

Last year, the horror classic Halloween celebrated 35 years of terror for those willing to partake in its vision of unrelenting horror. But that was only the beginning of the celebration. What producers Moustapha Akkad, Debra Hill and Irwin Yablans, writer/director John Carpenter and stars Jamie Lee Curtis & Donald Pleasence started in 1978 has transformed into one of the most durable, iconic – and copiously studied — horror film franchises ever created. Before Jason, before Freddy, and before Jigsaw, there was…Michael. Over the years, audiences have lived and relived the terrors of Michael Myers through ten feature films, as well as various re-edits and alternate versions. Yet to date, the complete saga of Michael Myers could only be told in pieces, in individual DVD and Blu-ray™ releases, with the rights spread across multiple home entertainment studios.

Until now…

Through the unprecedented collaboration of rival home entertainment companies Anchor Bay Entertainment and Scream Factory – the leading purveyors in horror home entertainment –Halloween The Complete Collection Blu-ray™ box sets arrive September 23rd.

For the legions of Halloween fans, the Deluxe Edition boasts 15 discs and contains all the Halloween feature films – Halloween, Halloween II, Halloween III: Season of the Witch, Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers, Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers, Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers, Halloween H20, Halloween: Resurrection, Rob Zombie’s Halloween and Halloween II. The set includes the NEVER BEFORE RELEASED producers cut ofHalloween: The Curse of Michael Myers as well as the ultra-rare network TV version of the original Halloween, the network TV version of Halloween II, plus the unrated versions of Rob Zombie’s Halloween and Halloween II. It is packed with hours of BRAND NEW bonus features including new interviews with cast and crew from the entire franchise! In response to years of fan feedback, the first Halloween will now also include the original mono audio track and the set will include both versions of the original Halloween-the original Blu-ray™ release and the recently remastered 35th Anniversary version with the mono track added back in! It also comes with a limited edition 40-page book written by Michael Gingold of Fangoria Magazine. The collectible packaging will include a newly commissioned illustration on the outer case and each film will be in its own black Blu-ray™ case with the original theatrical one sheet as the key art. This deluxe set carries an SRP of $169.99.

“This compilation is the ultimate collector’s item for fans of the Halloween films and a testament to all the wonderful talent that have worked on them,” remarked Malek Akkad, President of Trancas International Films and son of series producer Moustapha Akkad. “The partnership between Anchor Bay Entertainment and Scream Factory to present fans for the first time with all the Halloween films in one definitive package is a tribute to everyone – including my father – who made these films the terrifying classics they are today.”

The 10-disc Edition includes the original theatrical versions of the Halloween films and will include select bonus features. SRP is $129.99.

Both sets pre-book August 27 and will be distributed by Anchor Bay Entertainment with bonus features developed and created by Scream Factory and Anchor Bay.

Artwork and bonus features to be announced in the next couple of months.
Old 19-05-2014, 20:01   #77
jroadley
Trusted User

Similar stuff on the Scream Factory FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/ScreamFacto...ref=ts&fref=ts
Old 19-05-2014, 20:07   #78
allan
Trusted User

Looking like this will be region A locked based on an answer on that scream factory fb page
allan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2014, 21:37   #79
Marv
Friday the 13th

Scream and AB always lock there titles. I will get this release, scream should do a great job of producing new SE's of the later films.
Old 21-05-2014, 10:35   #80
Psycho
Trusted User

Sounds like an amazing set!

"Due to fan demand, the first Halloween film will now also include the original mono audio track and the set will include both versions of the original Halloween-the original Blu-ray™ release and the recently remastered 35th Anniversary version with the mono track added back in!"

Psycho
Trader Feedback: Trader Feedback Thread
Psycho is online now   Reply With Quote