Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > DVD and Blu-ray Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2012, 10:31   #301
LouBarlow
Retired Member
 
LouBarlow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 55,655
Thanks: 923
Thanked 979 Times in 620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lentini View Post
Shows it in the 1st video on this site

http://www.ecranlarge.com/article-details-23884.php
Thanks. Not a massive issue then. Might pick this up when shopping later.
LouBarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 13:59   #302
thescrounger
Trusted User
 
thescrounger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Kent
Posts: 19,802
Thanks: 93
Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts
Had a look a the start of Raiders. Looks like an attempt has been made to digitally fix that blurry bit during the spiders scene, although it's still not perfect.
thescrounger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 16:50   #303
midgetman
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: East Tilbury, Thurrock
Posts: 1,138
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Sorry... raiders IS a perfect film... know that's not what u r saying but thought I'd get that in
midgetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 17:12   #304
SIMON ADEBISI
****
 
SIMON ADEBISI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Luimneach, Eire
Posts: 40,976
Thanks: 485
Thanked 528 Times in 241 Posts
You. Not u. You.
SIMON ADEBISI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 18:17   #305
Niceguygeoff
I Do Deny Them My Essence
 
Niceguygeoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Swanage, Dorset
Posts: 10,176
Thanks: 129
Thanked 49 Times in 30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv View Post
The original 1981 making off is new aswell a
and Raiders: The Melting Face!
Not quite. The 1981 documentary was on the PAL laserdisc and the Melting Face was on the 2008 standalone DVD.
Niceguygeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 00:18   #306
Indiana Jonezzz...
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Scotland
Posts: 431
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Got my limited edition today, lovely, lovely set! The journal /grail diary is particularly awesome, I would have happily paid £10 to £15 extra for that alone, so for an extra £20 altogether it's not bad value even if the rest is kind of filler. I haven't even tried the films out yet, better get right on to that! Uncut Temple of Doom for the first time ever.

Last edited by Indiana Jonezzz...; 09-10-2012 at 00:19.
Indiana Jonezzz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:25   #307
allan
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: England
Posts: 13,573
Thanks: 270
Thanked 285 Times in 225 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMON ADEBISI View Post
You. Not u. You.
allan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2012, 07:07   #308
Indiana Jonezzz...
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Scotland
Posts: 431
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
So I've finally watched all 4 films over the past week and had such a great time watching them again. I had genuinely forgotten how excellent the original trilogy still is, incredibly entertaining, extremely well made and just amazingly fun. I have to say... brace yourselves... Temple of Doom still blows me away, I literally cannot believe that some people/Indy fans dislike this film! It's an absolute rollercoaster of an adventure film and has so much heart and soul and damn good action in it. The uncut version makes it even harder hitting, improving it slightly more for me. Perhaps I like it so much because of it being sandwiched between 1 and 3, but I genuinely do not understand the dislike towards it let alone any hatred. And the transfers for them all are sublime!
__________________
You call me Dr Jones!
Indiana Jonezzz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2012, 08:26   #309
Guest 3003
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Ballymena, N Ireland
Posts: 1,728
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Jonezzz... View Post
Temple of Doom still blows me away, I literally cannot believe that some people/Indy fans dislike this film! It's an absolute rollercoaster of an adventure film and has so much heart and soul and damn good action in it. The uncut version makes it even harder hitting, improving it slightly more for me. Perhaps I like it so much because of it being sandwiched between 1 and 3, but I genuinely do not understand the dislike towards it let alone any hatred.
I agree - I love TOD too. Spielberg was at the absolute top of his game here, the inventiveness on display is dazzling. It's a masterpiece of pure cinema IMO.
Guest 3003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2012, 08:35   #310
Indiana Jonezzz...
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Scotland
Posts: 431
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dene View Post
I agree - I love TOD too. Spielberg was at the absolute top of his game here, the inventiveness on display is dazzling. It's a masterpiece of pure cinema IMO.
Indiana Jonezzz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2012, 09:33   #311
Guest 3003
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Ballymena, N Ireland
Posts: 1,728
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Jonezzz... View Post
Cheers

Last edited by Dene; 26-10-2012 at 09:33.
Guest 3003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2012, 10:43   #312
midgetman
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: East Tilbury, Thurrock
Posts: 1,138
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
I agree... really can't understand the dislike.. personally raiders is my fave but doom a very close second and crusade very close behind... doom has great action dialogue pace.. music wise raiders for me... the end titles and map room music.. WOW
midgetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2012, 12:55   #313
Guest 1019
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Sheffield, UK
Posts: 1,065
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Jonezzz... View Post
So I've finally watched all 4 films over the past week and had such a great time watching them again. I had genuinely forgotten how excellent the original trilogy still is, incredibly entertaining, extremely well made and just amazingly fun. I have to say... brace yourselves... Temple of Doom still blows me away, I literally cannot believe that some people/Indy fans dislike this film! It's an absolute rollercoaster of an adventure film and has so much heart and soul and damn good action in it. The uncut version makes it even harder hitting, improving it slightly more for me. Perhaps I like it so much because of it being sandwiched between 1 and 3, but I genuinely do not understand the dislike towards it let alone any hatred. And the transfers for them all are sublime!
I like it, especially the fantastic opening and closing 20 minutes or so, but I always find the drop in pace in the middle once they get to the palace makes the film really drag.
Guest 1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2012, 15:22   #314
thescrounger
Trusted User
 
thescrounger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Kent
Posts: 19,802
Thanks: 93
Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts
Nah, it's full of atmosphere. The quiet before the storm.
thescrounger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2012, 15:27   #315
LouBarlow
Retired Member
 
LouBarlow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 55,655
Thanks: 923
Thanked 979 Times in 620 Posts
This doesn't seem to be selling very well. Cockneys vs Zombies is higher in the amazon chart!
LouBarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2012, 16:54   #316
Alan George
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,216
Thanks: 1
Thanked 74 Times in 48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Jonezzz... View Post
Temple of Doom still blows me away, I literally cannot believe that some people/Indy fans dislike this film! It's an absolute rollercoaster of an adventure film and has so much heart and soul and damn good action in it. The uncut version makes it even harder hitting, improving it slightly more for me. Perhaps I like it so much because of it being sandwiched between 1 and 3, but I genuinely do not understand the dislike towards it let alone any hatred. And the transfers for them all are sublime!
Well I don't like it, but I can understand people who do, or even think it's the best one. What I can't understand is anyone liking Skull. Oh well, I'm sure it will be separate releases next year.
Alan George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2012, 17:07   #317
allan
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: England
Posts: 13,573
Thanks: 270
Thanked 285 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouBarlow View Post
This doesn't seem to be selling very well. Cockneys vs Zombies is higher in the amazon chart!
Probably because it's too expensive for what are catalogue films. You have to wonder how much longer the film companies can re-master/re-package old catalogue titles yet charge top dollar for them.
allan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2012, 17:13   #318
thescrounger
Trusted User
 
thescrounger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Kent
Posts: 19,802
Thanks: 93
Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts
Well, plenty of people buying them for the first time. Not everybody is an old git who can remember buying the VHS.
thescrounger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2012, 17:14   #319
anephric
Kidney Thief
 
anephric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Derby, UK
Posts: 22,698
Thanks: 33
Thanked 120 Times in 76 Posts
Im certainly waiting for a price drop. It wasn't long before the Jurassic Park set was £15 so I can certainly wait until this is sub £20.
__________________
www.khaaan.com
anephric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2012, 17:17   #320
Alan George
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,216
Thanks: 1
Thanked 74 Times in 48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thescrounger View Post
Well, plenty of people buying them for the first time. Not everybody is an old git who can remember buying the VHS.
Well too much for this old git (plus two films I don't want), & £16 for Jaws? I don't think so, £11 for Lawrence Of Arabia seemed about right.
Alan George is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[DVD] Indiana Jones complete collection £11.99 cdwow sithlordx Bargain Forum 1 10-08-2009 19:37
Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection Jazzatola Music Discussion 31 27-12-2008 21:25
Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection [Box set] - £18.49 Alan b Bargain Forum 68 21-11-2008 17:45
[DVD/BLURAY Rental] New Indiana Jones film + popcorn £2.50 Guest 4256 Bargain Forum 4 12-11-2008 12:34
Indiana Jones 4 disc Collection £15.99 Guest 34302 Bargain Forum 2 26-11-2004 20:59

All times are GMT. The time now is 18:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018 Poisonous Monkey Ltd. Part of The Digital Fix Network