Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Television Discussion

Notices

Old 03-04-2008, 08:49   #141
craig@rewind
Trusted User

How do they film The Apprentice? Does it all take place over a 2 week period? I think it is amazing they ALWAYS manage to keep the indentity AND the results of the sackings quiet until Transmission. Even if the contestants sign a confidentiality agreement, this wouldn't apply to friends or work colleagues. If X quits his job and then also gets fired from the show, what's to stop his mates posting stuff on the internet?

Sorry - have since found out: http://www.bbc.co.uk/apprentice/docu...Apprentice.doc

Last edited by craig@rewind; 03-04-2008 at 08:59. Reason: To add link
craig@rewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:02   #142
woburnx
Trusted User

I detest that jenny woman.
woburnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:16   #143
Guest 3062
極めて平凡

When the people said that they had the wrong items/something missing the girls should've just explained to them that is one of the unwritten laws of dry cleaning
Guest 3062 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:24   #144
Yatia
XBox Live Gamertag: yatia

Pretty pretty good ;-)
Old 03-04-2008, 12:03   #145
Bigsby
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig@rewind View Post
How do they film The Apprentice? Does it all take place over a 2 week period? I think it is amazing they ALWAYS manage to keep the indentity AND the results of the sackings quiet until Transmission. Even if the contestants sign a confidentiality agreement, this wouldn't apply to friends or work colleagues. If X quits his job and then also gets fired from the show, what's to stop his mates posting stuff on the internet?

Sorry - have since found out: http://www.bbc.co.uk/apprentice/docu...Apprentice.doc
I know one of the contestents from the Sport Relief Celebrity Apprentice. It was filmed last September, but they absolutely would not reveal what happened. In fact, I was with them on the night it was braodcast, but they wouldn't tell us until it had been shown.
Bigsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:22   #146
woburnx
Trusted User

Shazia she was pleased to have made it this far from the original 20000 applications.

If these 16 are our finest, what kind of muppets did they turn down.

Good episode last night. But the girls team just made me so mad.....

24 hr hotline :-)

Last edited by woburnx; 03-04-2008 at 12:22. Reason: Put a big embarrasing smiley on.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:35   #147
Richie
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by woburnx View Post
Shazia she was pleased to have made it this far from the original 20000 applications.

If these 16 are our finest, what kind of muppets did they turn down.
Getting onto The Apprentice has nothing to do with being any good (there are no more references to the "brightest and best") and everything to do with giving good telly! If they've "cast" the show right they can guarantee conflict, drama and big audiences all the way through (which is why Firecrotch and Blonde Beret were kept in). Don't get this confused with anything other than a bit of fun.
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 13:57   #148
Mr Flibble
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by statto View Post
Raef again, but it was mortals, not morsels.
Listen back to it if you've still got last weeks episode - he definetely said 'morsels', which made it all the more hilarious
Mr Flibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 15:06   #149
woburnx
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
Getting onto The Apprentice has nothing to do with being any good (there are no more references to the "brightest and best") and everything to do with giving good telly! If they've "cast" the show right they can guarantee conflict, drama and big audiences all the way through (which is why Firecrotch and Blonde Beret were kept in). Don't get this confused with anything other than a bit of fun.
It still makes me fume seeing them make so many basic mistakes that if they did have some real world experience then you would think they would it to use.

That "I am the best sales person in Europe" didn't pipe up once during sales process last night. Seems she completely forgot about her vocation.
Old 03-04-2008, 15:13   #150
BigH
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig@rewind View Post

there's definitely a gap between someone getting fired and seeing them get into the taxi outside the offices

the seasons look different, and often the difference in clothes/hairstyles look very obvious

why they can't film these two bits at the same time I don't know
Old 03-04-2008, 16:09   #151
Bravoman
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarethH View Post
Though the worst moment for me was the girl offering the Hotline for your laundry The most cringing and most stupid thing said ever
Until they started begging for tips
Bravoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 17:14   #152
jpig
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravoman View Post
Until they started begging for tips
At this point, I was actually watching through my fingers.
jpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 19:14   #153
cjanderson
2 phalanxs and a catapult

crap boardroom, absolutely no factual evidence given for why lucinda or shazir should be fired "lies and manipulative" means nothing - what did they lie about and how did they manipulate things?

i'd have hit jenni, she was awful.
cjanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 22:14   #154
statto
Jedi Master

The two Jenny should have taken in the boardroom were Lucinda (for the 7am meeting fiasco), and the girl from the Midlands (24hr helpline, pricing, lack of negotiation skills). Jenny should obviously have gone, but you could almost see SAS eyes light up at the prospect of another Katie Hopkins.

I know people have been slating the posh boys for not getting their hands dirty, but to be fair, it was them that got the deals that meant the boys won, and as it turned out, the £200 order on its own was good enough to win. And when they did arrive at the laundry it looked like they grafted too. There definitely seemed a much better team spirit this week among the lads team (though we obviously don't know whether they had a chat about the division before the task).
statto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 22:31   #155
Guest 12950
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigH View Post
there's definitely a gap between someone getting fired and seeing them get into the taxi outside the offices

the seasons look different, and often the difference in clothes/hairstyles look very obvious

why they can't film these two bits at the same time I don't know
I seem to remember this was mentioned last year - they film them all getting into a taxi right at the beginning of the series.
Guest 12950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 22:55   #156
36Degrees
Njósnavélin

Quote:
The two Jenny should have taken in the boardroom were Lucinda (for the 7am meeting fiasco), and the girl from the Midlands (24hr helpline, pricing, lack of negotiation skills). Jenny should obviously have gone, but you could almost see SAS eyes light up at the prospect of another Katie Hopkins.
Tbh if I was PM and someone remained asleep at the time I wanted to have a meeting, I'd hold the meeting on their bed.

Wrong person went this week, Jenny should have gone no question, but oh well she'll make it to the finale and we can hate her for it!
36Degrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 23:38   #157
KennyVader
Insomniac

Quote:
The 7am meeting fiasco? It's plainly obvious that Devil Bitch Jenny allowed that to happen. They appear to be sharing rooms (we saw them when they were wandering around looking for the irons) and even if they weren't, how can it be that Lucinda didn't hear the people trying to wake her up. Lucinda went to bed frazzled after Jenny's unwarranted attack on her in the car, probably couldn't get to sleep for ages, so woke up late. Jenny took advantage of this and LET her miss the meeting. As 36Degrees suggests, if it was so important that Lucinda be at the meeting then Jenny would have made sure she was woken, by having the meeting on her bed if necessary. She said that three people tried to wake her up but I bet they didn't try very hard at all, either because they were all too scared of / fed up with Jenny that they just sat back and put no more effort into anything; or since they all seem to be devious back-stabbing cows they probably decided to leave her sleeping as that would likely put her in the boardroom instead of them.

Quote:
I know people have been slating the posh boys for not getting their hands dirty, but to be fair, it was them that got the deals that meant the boys won, and as it turned out, the £200 order on its own was good enough to win. And when they did arrive at the laundry it looked like they grafted too. There definitely seemed a much better team spirit this week among the lads team (though we obviously don't know whether they had a chat about the division before the task).
Crap hourly wage though! What were their total earnings, a turnover of £395 or something for seven of them working flat out well into the night and half the next day delivering stuff? 395 / 7 people / 15 hours each = £3.76 per hour and that's before you pay for the laundry premises and the vans etc. Can't believe that hotel guy normally gets all those sheets done for a few hundred quid! I don't think I will start up a laundry business to try to get rich.

Felt pretty sorry for Lucinda, she was quite right that if they had taken 5 minutes to just fold the newly washed napkins rather than stuff them all in a black sack they probably could have got away without ironing them which they had very little time to do (and turned out the boys had nicked the irons anyway).

One thing I like about this programme is their choice of incidental music - as well as the Dru Masters theme and it's various variations, anyone notice the quiet version of the 28 Days Later main theme when Jenny was busy blowing up and ranting at Lucinda in the late night car on the way home? Maybe kind of insinuating that Jenny had the Rage virus

The "biggest ever Apprentice dumbos" programme that was on earlier tonight was good too - nice to see the old favourites. The other thing I like about the way this is filmed and which came over a lot in both last night's and tonights shows is the sneaky focusses on the faces of the people in the background when something is going mad ... loved Nick and Margaret's "WTF?" looks in the boardroom when all the bitches were arguing
KennyVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 23:53   #158
Guest 26778
Idiot Baiter

I'm sorry, the guys weren't good, they were marginally less ****. The posh idiots showed yet again that they have no idea how to do a deal (selling all that fish for £50 last week anyone?), which is the biggest problem I have with them. As far as I'm concerned, there was minimal team management to be done - the laundry staff worked like madmen to do the sheets, whilst the other three stood around doing sweet FA, and acted like pricks when the guys who needed their help tried to hurry them up into getting back to the laundry. Raef's a tool, unfortunately the rest of them are too thick to actually see it!

They're all crap so far, I haven't seen one convincing person - the guy who's been in the army works the hardest of all of them, but he's no leader.

Last edited by downhillbiker; 03-04-2008 at 23:56.
Guest 26778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 02:20   #159
danielsesay
Your Oh Vision!

After just watching last night's hilarious episode on BBC iplayer, I agree with what some people are saying above, Jenny should've got the boot after her horrendous project management and downright bitchiness. While I agree Shazia made some stupid errors regarding losing people's laundry, I thought Jenny overall had no control over the team. TBH, even though I knew Shazia was gone before I watched it (thank you Youtube BBC Subscription!), you could tell she was gonna get booted after Siralan brought it up in the boardroom.

I thought the boys did well, especially the other half who grafted in the laundrette. Especially, army boy, who I'm taking a shine to. Nice bloke who comes across as someone I'd be comfortable working with. You knew they were gonna win the minute he started excitedly going on about his experience laundering in the army. I'd be suprised if he wins it though.

Last edited by danielsesay; 04-04-2008 at 02:21.
danielsesay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 02:35   #160
Guest 48597
Trusted User

I'm disappointed that none of this years candidates have taken a guitar into the negotiating room. That always helped set an appropriate tone for the following discussions!
Guest 48597 is offline   Reply With Quote