Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Film Discussion

Notices

Old 11-01-2002, 18:44   #1
Guest 10782
Everyone Loves Me

Pierce Brosnan to continue as Bond in Bond 21

Interview with him on Radio1 - didn't really listen but got the jist of it. He's going to do another Bond film after the new one (which starts shooting on Monday)
Guest 10782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 18:47   #2
Guest 2267
Trusted User

Great news as far as I am concerned.

Just watched Goldeneye (Which I got from MVC for Ł8.99 BTW) and IMHO he is the best Bond there is.
Guest 2267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 19:49   #3
mjb1975
Blandiblub

I saw a little feature on him on the news - he said he's now honoured his contract and could walk away if he wanted to, but he would like to do a fifth and a sixth movie, if the producers keep him on. I think they'd be mad not to!

Great Bond!
Old 11-01-2002, 20:27   #4
Guest 7899
El Phenomino

Yep, best Bind yet IMO. And Goldeneye is the best film so far!
Guest 7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 22:01   #5
Dxfatass
Now with reduced fat

I agree 100%: Best Bond yet.
I really like Sean Connery (watched From Russia With Love for the 1st time last night- excellent! You Only Live Twice tonight ) but Brosnan is defintelly my favourite.

Roll on Bond 20 and 21. Hopefully he will give-in to temptation and do 22 as well :cool: He seems in good shape and from the sound of his DVDs brings a bit to the actual story, eg. TND wanted Paris to be someone from his past, who he had strong feelings for and then TWINE wanting Bond to fight with a injury through the whole film. Lets hope he gets the wish he was rumoured to have for Bond 20, to be more adult, with a higher certificate rating....
Old 11-01-2002, 22:15   #6
Guest 9392
professional time waster

what?!!! Pierce ("what accent am i talking in? guess") Brosnan?

you must be kidding me he's the best bond.
Connery oozed sex appeal. i know i'd rather be him if i could be a bond. Brosnan's surely just a pretty face? i'm not convinced that the guy can even land a punch..

but anyway, i'm not really a great fan of bond films per saye.

glad to see they've finally run out titles for their movies!

PS.. Halle Berry is surely the cutest bond girl ever to get into a bond film? if they can dress her up into any thing as snug as they did in the flinstones, i might even consider going to watch a new bond film in the cinemas (or a bond film full stop) for the first time ever!

Last edited by Idle Child; 11-01-2002 at 22:21.
Guest 9392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 22:27   #7
Desk
Trusted User

Easily the worst of all the official Bonds (and possibly even Niven and Nelson), the dull pretty boy has more than outstayed his welcome in the role.

He's also beginning to look a little weathered. Might need to take Roger's lead and book in for a face lift or two.

Desk
Desk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 23:02   #8
GinSoakedBoy
The blind stagger...

Quote:
Originally posted by Desk
Easily the worst of all the official Bonds
While I wouldn't say he's the worst (Moore gets my vote on that one) he's still not a very good Bond. Lazenby, Connery and Dalton all brought something unique to the role (Bond with a heart, Bond with the humour, and Bond in a bad mood respectively) but Brosnan and Moore are just generic tosh.

Personally, I'd stop the franchise at 20. Its a good number to stop at, and in the 40th anniversary as well. But if they must continue, the producers should show a bit of initiative and look to the future. Bring in someone younger and fresh, who could re-invent the role for themselves.

My choice would be Christian Bale, but I'll expect to be beaten about the head with a sharp stick for that one
Old 11-01-2002, 23:17   #9
Desk
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally posted by GinSoakedBoy

While I wouldn't say he's the worst (Moore gets my vote on that one) he's still not a very good Bond.
Nah, while Moore and Brosnan are both at the bottom of the barrel, the pretty boy mannequin is still the worst, because even though Moore is not "James Bond", he's still very charismatic and watchable, and can at least handle the comedy.

Quote:

My choice would be Christian Bale, but I'll expect to be beaten about the head with a sharp stick for that one
Not at all - Bale seems like a very good match for the role, as he's at least got the acting chops.

I still quite like the idea of Eastender's Martin Kemp in the role. He's suave, debonair, charismatic and oozes danger and menace. Tragically, I just doubt that he could ever pull off the accent. Plus, with Brosnan grimly clinging to the role, he'll soon likely be too old (already needing a Connery syrup).

Desk
Desk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 00:21   #10
GinSoakedBoy
The blind stagger...

Quote:
Originally posted by Desk
I still quite like the idea of Eastender's Martin Kemp in the role.
Desk
Do you reckon they could be conviced to re-form Spandau Ballet to do the theme tune as well? First Bond to co-write the theme would be quite an accomplishment...
Old 12-01-2002, 00:36   #11
Guest 9392
professional time waster

please no..
sorry, gotta disagree with martin kemp for the next bond. he's another wavy haired type. And, i too doubt he could get the accent right. he's far too household to be bond. no romantiscism to him.

and talking of hair cuts: Connery had the best haircut out of the bonds (and i'm not even a fan of short hair), but the wavy hair variety doesn't look that masculine dodging those bullets.
Guest 9392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 01:10   #12
Guest 2024
Trusted User

Given that he's got a thin metal plate protecting the back of his skull, I think Martin Kemp would have to be very careful doing any fighting or stunt scenes... Though he impressively threw himself across a bar on TV last night, apparently. But he's been my vote for the next Bond for the last two years, more to ellicit scorn from Bondophiles than anything else
Guest 2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 01:12   #13
mr_woo
Gamertag: Al Benicio

i personally feel that Pierce Brosnan is a pretty damn good Bond and i certainly do think that he can act. I really do think that with the right script he could do very well.

Now having Martin Kemp in the role would be truly excellent

I could just imagine it, Bond meeting the bad guy and in the strongest eastenders accent possible shouting:

'YOU! I want to have a word.....'

I'd definitely pay good money to see that!
Old 12-01-2002, 01:14   #14
Guest 7899
El Phenomino

Martin Kemp - are you on crack!?!?!

He is missing something, but hey I haven't seen as much of him as you have (i don't watch Eastenders) so I may be wrong. Personally disagree with all teh Connery stuff - it is populist rubbish. Brosman is great! TBH I do agree it is about time to call it a day for him - perhaps Robbie Williams

kidding before I get flammed.

Btw Bale sounds like a good idea.
Old 12-01-2002, 01:19   #15
mr_woo
Gamertag: Al Benicio

heh i dont watch eastenders and i'm only taking the ****

But you never know, if given the chance Martin Kemp could be fine.

Christian Bale sounds like another good choice but to honest i'd rather see Pierce Brosnan as Bond rather than him.
Old 12-01-2002, 01:26   #16
Guest 7899
El Phenomino

Quote:
Originally posted by mr_woo
heh i dont watch eastenders and i'm only taking the ****

But you never know, if given the chance Martin Kemp could be fine.

Christian Bale sounds like another good choice but to honest i'd rather see Pierce Brosnan as Bond rather than him.
Thought so but people are entitled to their opinions! If the next movie is going to be adult do you reckon' we'll see more of a bond girl than before
Old 12-01-2002, 01:35   #17
SqueakyG
Trusted User

I've never much cared who plays Bond -- he's just a hairy-chested mysogynist *******, whoever plays him. But okay. Let's go through it:

Connery:
The "definitive" Bond, but his attitude (particularly towards women) is very out-dated now. Still the coolest though.

Lazenby:
Terrible actor playing a terrible Bond, but saved by the fact that it is a VERY good Bond film.

Moore:
Ridiculous. He was too old to begin with, then got older and older. The older he gets, the more ridiculous it is that he's such a womaniser. Also put at a disadvantage due to the Bond films of his era being the worst-scripted (all puns and no seriousness)

Dalton:
A little too serious in demeanor, and his two Bond films suffered from being a product of the 80's. But actually not that bad.

Brosnan:
A good all-rounder. The "mario" of the Bonds. Competent at all aspects of performance, but excelling in none. Also suffering from the Roger Moore "looking a bit too old" syndrome.
SqueakyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 03:12   #18
Guest 491
Trusted User

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Clive Owen.
Guest 491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 11:23   #19
KeyserSoze
Trusted User

i dont think Brosnan is particularly good as Bond either.

i think hes a bit too Fa Fa Fa *Hugh Grant* Fa Fa Fa *Pretty boy* Fa Fa Fa *Weakling*.
KeyserSoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 19:53   #20
Guest 7743

Brosnan
Connery
Moore
Dalton
Lazenby

In that order, plus another vote for Christian Bale as the next Bond.
Guest 7743 is offline   Reply With Quote