Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Television Discussion

Notices

Old 03-11-2006, 01:05   #61
Highlander
There can be only one!

So out of the 'tailies', we only have Bernard left? And he isn't really a major character.
Some people would say what was the point of introducing the tailies, and then killing them all off .

Last edited by Highlander; 03-11-2006 at 01:05.
Highlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 02:23   #62
Guest 3628
Trusted User

I somehow managed to avoid all the spoilers flying around, and Eko's death was a huge surprise. I thought they were sowing the seeds for his next flashback with all the talk of him going to study in London.

Like pretty much everyone I thought the two new characters sucked. Everything about them seemed so clumsy (their dialogue, the way they looked etc). It seems pointless introducing new characters when Hurley, Charlie etc have had nothing to do for the last five episodes. Listening to the latest podcast it sounds like Lindelof and co are planning an entire episode of what the 2 new characters have been up to for the last 70 odd days (can you say filler ?).

One more thing about the smoke. I recall the writers saying last season (before the big smokey/Eko confrontation) that we have already seen the monster but do not realise it. I guess this backs up the theory of the smoke assuming the appearance of actual people.
Guest 3628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 02:26   #63
Richie
Trusted User

Maybe Nikki and Paulo are made from the smoke too!
You never know...
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 02:36   #64
Guest 3628
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie
Maybe Nikki and Paulo are made from the smoke too!
You never know...
That's a more feasible explanation than them being actual people who have spent two and a half months on an island.
Guest 3628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 04:58   #65
baffled
XBL GT: Sismastery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Whitaker
Other than showing what the black smoke does, and how it differed in its reactions to Locke and Eko.

Ace episode IMO - clapped at the end. Loved the last line
we already knew it could kill and you could argue that it has reacted very similar with both of them so far, they've both met it once before with no harm coming to them and have both subsequently been attacked by it with the added warning now that "We're next".
baffled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 08:00   #66
hailesy
Anyone for Coffee?

"Jumping the Shark" where does this quote come from? Sounds rather interesting
hailesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 08:11   #67
Xenole
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailesy
"Jumping the Shark" where does this quote come from? Sounds rather interesting
An episode of Happy Days where Fonzie, still wearing his leather jacket, jumped on waterskies over a shark as part of a bet in the story. Show went right downhill from that point.

Has anyone seen anywhere on the net that has background photos of all the survivors. Surely there must be some american out there with a lot of time on their hands to look through every scene involving the non-regular survivors to show that Max and Maxine Factor (the newbies) were never there - as were none of the other survivors i.e how many times have you seen any of the people before. I'm guessing somewhere between once in a very recent episode or never.

And what's happened to Rose and her husband? They vanished months ago without a trace.

As for Ekko, he'll stil appear in one or two episodes I believe as they always do the flashbacks and him standing in the trees scene with dead characters.

Last edited by Xenole; 03-11-2006 at 08:19.
Xenole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 09:04   #68
Hgm04
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenole
Has anyone seen anywhere on the net that has background photos of all the survivors. Surely there must be some american out there with a lot of time on their hands to look through every scene involving the non-regular survivors to show that Max and Maxine Factor (the newbies) were never there.
I can tell you this without need of photo's, rewatching episodes, pausing scenes, complaining about pointless things... of course they weren't - they were only cast this season.
Hgm04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 09:10   #69
Guest 10177
the Doctor is in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baffled
If he was going to be killed off then why not have him die in the implosion instead of wasting episodes on first finding him and then secondly killing him, it served no real purpose with regards the story.
I don't understand how either served no purpose! Lost is never only about one thing - the search for and rescue of Eko was about Locke and Charlie more than Eko. This week was about the way that morality and ethics cannot always shape the path of your life. Don't you see a parallel between Eko's story and the dilemma that Jack now finds himself in? Who is the "good man" of the two of them?

It's also pretty clear now that no matter how close you are to an imploding hatch, it's probably not going to kill you.
Guest 10177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 09:47   #70
hailesy
Anyone for Coffee?

Quote:
An episode of Happy Days where Fonzie, still wearing his leather jacket, jumped on waterskies over a shark as part of a bet in the story. Show went right downhill from that point.
cheers

I don't think Lost has gone downhill to be fair.

A different direction yes.

If your not liking it then don't watch it. Its that simple!
hailesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 10:18   #71
Gedalia
Space Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68monkey
If the island has such massive healing powers (Locke and Rose, for example), why has it decided not to heal Ben?
Thats an excellent point! It can heal crippled legs and whatever cancer Rose had, Jin's impotence but not Ben???

Would that mean that it doesnt heal people that have lived there all their lives or just a plot hole?
Gedalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 10:23   #72
Guest 10392
Trusted User

I have to say that I was disappointed with the episode too. There were interesting parts with Jack and I did wonder about why they didn't consider patching in the other stations...I'll miss Ecko...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixetta
Can I just ask...

last week, when Ben took Sawyer to the mountain and showed him the island...

...there's only ONE island, right? Otherwise why would Ben & the Gang be worried about Sun, Jin and Sayid "finding us"? I.E. finding the village? Because they obviously can't leave on the boat, Ben said that himself. He said they'd have fun sailing in circles , but then someone else said what if they find us...??

*confused*

Also: glad Eko is gone. He offers nothing. Also: we need more Hurley. Why didn't Des predict anything this week?
If Sun, Jin and Sayid sailed enough around the island then they would spot the other island on which the Others are living. Hence the Others needed to remove the boat to keep the survivors thinking that they are on a solitary island.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68monkey
If the island has such massive healing powers (Locke and Rose, for example), why has it decided not to heal Ben?
Perhaps the Others do not really know about this healing affect? They do no live on the island itself.

Last edited by Medion; 03-11-2006 at 10:24.
Guest 10392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 10:34   #73
Guest 10177
the Doctor is in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medion
Perhaps the Others do not really know about this healing affect? They do no live on the island itself.
I think they do live on the island, it's just that the prison/animal cages/labs are on the smaller island. In ep 1 of season three, Ethan and Goodwin go in different directions as the plane breaks up overhead, they don't go to the main island together then split up.
Guest 10177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 10:36   #74
Guest 32525
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedalia
Thats an excellent point! It can heal crippled legs and whatever cancer Rose had, Jin's impotence but not Ben???

Would that mean that it doesnt heal people that have lived there all their lives or just a plot hole?
In Rose's episode last season she went to the healing spot in Australia, but was told that that place wasn't right for her and she couldn't be healed there. Either the island can't heal Ben because he's been there so long or it's just not the right place for him.
Guest 32525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 10:39   #75
Guest 10392
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong fei hong
I think they do live on the island, it's just that the prison/animal cages/labs are on the smaller island. In ep 1 of season three, Ethan and Goodwin go in different directions as the plane breaks up overhead, they don't go to the main island together then split up.
Hmm...perhaps another look at the opening to Season 3 can reveal something...I'll take a look later when I get a chance
Guest 10392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 11:14   #76
Guest 195
Harvester of the sea

Quote:
And what's happened to Rose and her husband?
Rose? Where we're going we don't need... Rose.

Last edited by Tom Whitaker; 03-11-2006 at 11:15.
Guest 195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 12:03   #77
Wooglie
Rurouni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Whitaker
Rose? Where we're going we don't need... Rose.
I'm sorry that's really bad.
Wooglie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 12:08   #78
Spooksta
Mr Honest

Quote:
Has anyone seen anywhere on the net that has background photos of all the survivors. Surely there must be some american out there with a lot of time on their hands to look through every scene involving the non-regular survivors to show that Max and Maxine Factor (the newbies) were never there - as were none of the other survivors
Wow...you know it s TV show right
They do make things up as they go along
Gutted that the big man is gone......or is he
Spooksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 13:29   #79
Guest 4256
AVForums User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedalia

Might not have healed Jin's (impotence??) infertility problem, as remember that Sin was being jolly rogered by the baldy bloke who somehow ended up falling from the tower block (still not seen whether he jumped or was pushed).
Guest 4256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 13:33   #80
Guest 41688
Banned

I loved the ep last nite, great to see hardcore Eko one last time in his flashbacks. Is it me, or is the finale of season 3 going to be a massive zombie rampage? lol. I mean, Eko's brother's body wasn't around, Jack's dad's body is missing - i'm telling you its gonna be Boone, Shannon, Anna Lucia, Libby, Eko - even pieces of Arzt, coming back to feast on human brains...

i'm joking of course. Would be cool though - maybe thats why the Others gave the dead other-woman a viking funeral, as they know she'll come back to kiiilllll them.

Guest 41688 is offline   Reply With Quote