Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Television Discussion

Notices

Old 02-11-2006, 15:53   #21
baffled
XBL GT: Sismastery

So so episode, Sayid just turning up and nobody asking about the boat or Sun and Jin seemed odd as did Locke forgetting the time he was in the Pearl and he saw Jack, on the monitor, in the Swan hatch.

The whole Jack situation has to be a set up or it doesn't make any sense, why would you waste 80 odd days monitoring, stalking, capturing and finally playing mind games with the one person who could operate on you.
baffled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 16:40   #22
Guest 2241
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by baffled
The whole Jack situation has to be a set up or it doesn't make any sense, why would you waste 80 odd days monitoring, stalking, capturing and finally playing mind games with the one person who could operate on you.
More like 71. I don't think there was much option, first of all he probably didn't know much about Jack until Ethan returned. Then he has to do the research and work out what to do. Then he (accidentally?) gets captured

I don't know what people are complaining about, this was a great ep! Is Eko really dead? I thought the Juliet thing was interesting. My instinct is that the whole thing is a test but as I said last week he may have let that woman die. If they wanted him dead they could have just left him in the Swan or shot him. Perhaps some of them are loyal to him.

Took me a while to get the Nick Fury reference. I believe I asked the same question as the woman did when they were first in the observation room. I actually thought it was the remains of the swan they were looking at. I don't think he saw them but clearly the camera moved by itself (doh!) and he spotted it. If he's one of the Others, he probably knows who's watching

The other thing is we saw the monster again. Given the amount of bitching over the lack of monster, those people will be satisified. I'd be surprised if there wasn't someone controlling it remotely. Did activating the monitor alert them to the presence of the castaways?
Guest 2241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 17:13   #23
Xenole
Trusted User

This show lost the plot completely this episode in my opinion. It's gone from ridiculous to somewhere well out in cuckoo land.....

Probably will turn out that eye patch guy is part of a third faction on the island working on trans-dimensional technology after his flying saucer crash landed many years ago......

Onto other things..........the never ending supply of make-up etc continues what with the newbies' perfect hair etc. Now to kill them off horrifically before the flashback showing how Jack did her in the airport toilet, the man turns out to be Hurley's doctor who's actually Ben's long lost brother etc etc.......

Last edited by Xenole; 02-11-2006 at 17:14.
Xenole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 17:19   #24

You never know the 2 new people may be killed killed off like Artz. Although I liked Artz, deserves his own spin-off show.
Old 02-11-2006, 17:32   #25
Jez
Ellis Retire!

How would he know, the camera suddenly turns on and moves when they play around with a few wires.

This looks like it is back in there village on the main island, remember at the start of this season there was alittle tension between Ben and Juliet hmmm
Jez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 17:37   #26
Guest 43633
Trusted User

Didn't really care that Eko died. And his backstory was completely worthless.

Can't really see where this show is going anymore, and I'm starting to lose interest. New castmembers are ******* annoying, and I'd really like to see them killed off.

Didn't really get excited about smokemonster. LOST has lost all mystery for me - the unanswered questions has become to many, and I've gone from "what, why, where??" to "yea, what ever....."

Heroes is the new show for me. But I fear the chances are it'll go LOST on us are quite big. I just consumed six episodes in a row and looking back not much happend in each episode.
Guest 43633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 17:51   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez

How would he know, the camera suddenly turns on and moves when they play around with a few wires.
It's possible whatever Sayid did activated the camera and it started moving or red lights flashing, or he could just be watching them through a camera.
Old 02-11-2006, 18:04   #28
Xenomorph
BUILDING BETTER WORLDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by baffled
Jack, on the monitor, in the Swan hatch.

Exactly right. How does Ben know how long he's got to live. He doesn't.

I hope it's a setup as otherwise it's just bad nonsensical writing.

From what I've read the actor who plays Eko apparently didn't want anything too long term so Im not sure I entirely blame the writers for this one. That said he does have a traffic violation doesn't he?

The newbies are just plain annoying, feels like a waste of screen time that as someone said could be given to more interesting characters. Maybe they'll turn out to be interesting maybe not but now isn't the time for them.

Pretty clear that the smoke monster can take different forms. Im presuming it was the horse and Jack's dad. Im thinking it maybe judges whether people are a threat and deals with them accordingly. Which is why Eko saw darkness and Locke saw light when they looked into it. Don't know but I find it very difficult to believe they are going to be able to explain it in the realms of science given thet have already stated it's not a nano cloud amongst other possibilities.

Next weeks episode is important as it may dictate who is going to stick around and wait 17 weeks.
Xenomorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 18:13   #29
Guest 32525
Trusted User

I must have watched a different episode from most of you because the one I saw was brilliant.

I take it the monster has been taking various forms from the characters' pasts in order to manipulate them into doing what it wanted, but Eko refused to show fear of it last season and refused to do what it wanted this episode so it killed him.

Actually, could it even be possessing their bodies? Jack's dad's corpse was missing too iirc.

Eko was one of the best characters on the show. I'll miss him, but I'm glad they killed him off when he was still an awesome character.
Guest 32525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 18:35   #30
Guest 1554
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by slartybart

Bimbo redshirt: "Maybe you should turn on the other TV's?". Locke: "Of course, how could we be so dumb" WTH?
Thing is that Locke already knew this from S2 when he saw Jack in the Swan station when in the Pearl with Eko.

So not only are the writers clearly making it up as they go along, they've lost track of their own idiotic plotlines.
Guest 1554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 18:48   #31
Guest 32525
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronan
Thing is that Locke already knew this from S2 when he saw Jack in the Swan station when in the Pearl with Eko.

So not only are the writers clearly making it up as they go along, they've lost track of their own idiotic plotlines.
Locke assumed the Pearl was a station to monitor what was happening in the Swan. The new character who's been there all along was pointing out that it was used to monitor all other stations.
Guest 32525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 19:02   #32
Disappearer
Trusted User

I can see why some people thought 'Nick Fury' when they saw the eye-patch guy, but don't you think it looks like Robert Wagner in his Number Two guise from Austin Powers?
Disappearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 19:06   #33
sexy244486
Trusted User

Check out the promo for next week!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btEW-xd7kwo
sexy244486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 19:11   #34
Guest 1554
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime
Locke assumed the Pearl was a station to monitor what was happening in the Swan. The new character who's been there all along was pointing out that it was used to monitor all other stations.
Given that he already knew at the time that there were numerous other stations, that's a pretty unlikely assumption.
Guest 1554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 19:15   #35
Guest 59018
Trusted User

Looks like shes read the script for episode six !!
Kill off Eko are you mad !

Last edited by stupidgibbon; 02-11-2006 at 19:16.
Guest 59018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 19:22   #36
Guest 43206
Isn't it?

They had better bloody earn killing Eko, that's all I have to say...

... apart from some great island stuff this week.
Guest 43206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 19:36   #37
Phoenixetta
Forums Dramallama

Can I just ask...

last week, when Ben took Sawyer to the mountain and showed him the island...

...there's only ONE island, right? Otherwise why would Ben & the Gang be worried about Sun, Jin and Sayid "finding us"? I.E. finding the village? Because they obviously can't leave on the boat, Ben said that himself. He said they'd have fun sailing in circles , but then someone else said what if they find us...??

*confused*

Also: glad Eko is gone. He offers nothing. Also: we need more Hurley. Why didn't Des predict anything this week?
Phoenixetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 19:38   #38
Guest 49794
XBL: kerzo84

Although disappointing to see Eko die, I thought it was a bit of a 'meh' episode myself, his backstory was quite pointless IMO and the noobs are very annoying as said before. However I will still struggle on with it! Is next weeks episode the last before the break in the series?
Guest 49794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 19:38   #39
nsb
Trusted User

Perhaps a little insight into the reasons Eko was killed off.

http://www.tvsquad.com/2006/11/02/wh...lled-off-lost/

But honestly, there are characters in this show that shouldn't be killed off this early storywise, Eko had a lot of potential, and after the recent eps I thought he was going to be one of the main characters along with Locke.

Ah well, gutted tbh, they may as well of killed him off in the ep a few weeks back?
nsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 19:40   #40
Hgm04
Trusted User

I take it this is the guy who plays eye patch guy? http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0228678/
Hgm04 is offline   Reply With Quote