Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Television Discussion

Notices

Old 12-10-2006, 05:03   #1
Xenomorph
BUILDING BETTER WORLDS

Lost 3x02 (Spoilers)

Another good episode. Very interesting stuff at the end.

Wonder how the killing is going to affect things.
Xenomorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 09:31   #2
Lorne.t
Trusted User

You are assuming she's dead.
It may have only been a flesh wound.
A lot happened in the episode with the last scene especially being very interesting.
Certainly curious where it's all going...
Lorne.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 09:52   #3
Highlander
There can be only one!

ooh, who we talking about. Answers in spoliers, just in case.

Not d/l it yet, will do as soon as I get in tonight.
Highlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 10:10   #4
Lorne.t
Trusted User

Libby!
Old 12-10-2006, 10:19   #5

I found most of it excruciatingly dull. This Jin and Sun backstory really better be going somewhere as it just feels like filler and doesn't make entertaining TV.

Last edited by ShakeyJake; 12-10-2006 at 10:20. Reason: speeling
Old 12-10-2006, 10:28   #6
Highlander
There can be only one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorne.t
Libby!

Suppose I'll have to wait until tonight to watch it myself.

Last edited by Highlander; 12-10-2006 at 10:29.
Highlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 10:28   #7
Lorne.t
Trusted User

We learned more about the couple and what happened to Sun's bit on the side.
Also the fact that Jin knows more English than he's been letting on.
I didn't mind their scenes as the show wasn't centered on them anyway as we got to see what was happening with the three prisoners.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:38   #8
KennyVader
Insomniac

WTF? Neither Said nor Jin thought to do a simple disabling of the boat engine, like the nuns do to the car in the Sound of Music, that they could have quickly put back in case they needed a quick getaway, but which would have stopped the others nicking off with the boat? Muppets.

Benry is *superbly* creepy. Apparently he was supposed to just be a random prisoner hired for just the three episodes last season, but the producters liked him so much when they saw his performance that they rewrote his character into the clearly much more significant one. Turned a bit into Sliver towards the end. Or is Benry a sort of Christof in a wacky Truman Show?

Wish they would just come out and say why it is that they claim to be the good guys. They keep making out that they're the good guys so why are they keeping people in cages, making people work chain gangs etc?

So I think the point of the episode was that the "others" could all leave the island if they wanted, but they choose not to. Weird ...

The Boston Red Sox stuff was a bit america-centric I thought. Typical international viewers probably wouldn't know or care that their winning the "world" series was unexpected.

Last edited by KennyVader; 12-10-2006 at 11:42.
KennyVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 12:12   #9
Guest 2241
Trusted User

They might not know but they could probably work it out.

For me, a much better episode that the first one. Although we already know the Others can leave any time it still confirms it. Interesting if it's true that Ben was born on the island.

Can't believe that Sawyer was dumb enough to give the game away when he was locked up. You just knew they would be watching the whole thing.

Good on Sun for shooting the silly woman. "We're not enemies", what rubbish. Shame she couldn't take down a few more. Good to see that the others didn't know they had a boat, perhaps they don't know everything. It seems like the boat was towed away, I didn't think it had an engine.

It appears they're trying to convert jack to join their side, perhaps they want him to convince the rest of them to join them since they possibly believe he is their leader.
Guest 2241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 12:21   #10
Guest 372
You want some??

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaj

Good on Sun for shooting the silly woman. "We're not enemies", what rubbish. Shame she couldn't take down a few more. Good to see that the others didn't know they had a boat, perhaps they don't know everything. It seems like the boat was towed away, I didn't think it had an engine.
I thought you could clearly see the engine churning the water as it moved away
Guest 372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 12:42   #11
ascender
Trusted User

I quite enjoyed S3E2, but I have to say my heart sank when I saw it was a Jin episode, particularly starting with her as a kid! I thought they were going to force childhood episodes on us now to spin things out further.

Bit frustrating that we didn't really learn that much more in the back story. The whole boat hijacking was incredibly predictable and its hard to suspend your disbelief when we've been told so many times that Sayid was a pretty double tough army *******.

I don't know why, maybe its the break, but the first two eps of this season have been better than I remember S2 to be. But, its so annoying that at the end we learn more in a few minutes about the Others than we have done in the preceding 45 or so. And then its the titles.

I honestly don't know if they're just making most of it up as they go, but surely the writers can see why they're being accused of just stretching this out for as long as they can? It just seems like they need a bit more focus. Anyway, its definitely good to have it back, but they really need to start moving things along a wee bit faster IMO.
ascender is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 12:49   #12
Guest 8086
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascender
I quite enjoyed S3E2, but I have to say my heart sank when I saw it was a Jin episode, particularly starting with her as a kid!

Did they show the sex change then?
Guest 8086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 12:53   #13
ascender
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippa2k1
Did they show the sex change then?
Lol. Oops.
ascender is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 12:59   #14
Richie
Trusted User

I have a strange feeling that Benry was once like Jack et al.
"You never made soup for me" he says to Juliet in a tone that suggests that when he was in Jack's situation... hell, maybe I'm reaching?
"Hi, my name is Benjamin Linus and I've lived on this island all my life". His whole life or since he was 're-born' into this bizarre community?

Where are the children btw?
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 13:21   #15
Guest 43206
Isn't it?

Enjoyable episode, nice bit of back story for Jin and Sun, filled in a couple of loose ends anyway. I liked the Sawyer banter, the 'Boss' (Buck from Kill Bill) is soooo gonna get it at some point, I hope so anyway.

I'm thinking that Ben et al are either off-spring born on the island or children of the original Dharma people and their message got lost somewhere long the way (possibly something to do with that 'incident'.) Also, him saying that Juliet never made soup for him could mean they were/are a couple.
Guest 43206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 15:44   #16
Guest 32525
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohood
I'm thinking that Ben et al are either off-spring born on the island or children of the original Dharma people and their message got lost somewhere long the way (possibly something to do with that 'incident'.) Also, him saying that Juliet never made soup for him could mean they were/are a couple.
The Dharma Inititaive started in the 70s. Ben is too old to have any connection to them.

Thoroughly enjoyed this episode. I'm really glad they seem to be making an effort to have the flashbacks show us another side and something new about the regular cast this season. Hopefully they keep it up.
Guest 32525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 15:53   #17
Lorne.t
Trusted User

This is pure speculation but someone on HTF reckons we'll see a further flashback with Sun pushing her bit on the side out of the window as he was forcing her to take the pearls and come with her.
Old 12-10-2006, 15:56   #18
Xenomorph
BUILDING BETTER WORLDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorne.t
We learned more about the couple and what happened to Sun's bit on the side.
The flashbacks tend to reflect whats going on now don't they.

What if Sun threw him off the roof? Later we perhaps learn in self defense?
Old 12-10-2006, 15:58   #19
Xenomorph
BUILDING BETTER WORLDS

Scared now.
Old 12-10-2006, 16:09   #20
Deron
PS4 Gamertag: D3RONG

I think Ben and Juliet 'were' a couple.

We had the whole book group thing where people were questionning her choice of book, saying that Ben wouldn't have chosen it.

She said she chose it exactly for that reason. Then we have the soup comment, plus when he ran off when jack opened the door and locked her in.

Then we had that other woman asking if she was interrupting anything, and her offhand comment about would it matter...

Messy breakup...
Deron is offline   Reply With Quote