Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Television Discussion

Notices

Old 20-09-2011, 21:44   #41
Andy
Logomotive

Thought this one was ok, still not watched all of last weeks. Finding my interest in the show waning now, the endless River Song appearances, Amy and Rory I'm not that keen on tbh either. Love Matt Smith though and I just hope my interest in the show comes back.

Last edited by Andy; 20-09-2011 at 21:44.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2011, 12:47   #42
hookbeak
Poor, poor you.

interesting for anyone who thinks it's not as popular as it used to be :

2005 SERIES (13 eps: Rose to The Parting of the Ways)
Average BBC One final BARB rating: 7.95 million
Average BBC Three rating for first week repeats: 0.73 million
Average audience across all outlets (ie BBC One & BBC Three): 8.68 million

2006 SERIES (13 eps: New Earth to Doomsday)
Average BBC One final BARB rating: 7.71 million
Average BBC Three rating for first week repeats: 1.01 million
Average audience across all outlets (ie BBC One & BBC Three): 8.72 million

2007 SERIES (13 eps: Smith and Jones to Last of the Time Lords)
Average BBC One final BARB rating: 7.55 million
Average BBC Three rating for first week repeats: 1.34 million
Average audience across all outlets (ie BBC One & BBC Three): 8.89 million

2008 SERIES (13 eps: Partners in Crime to Journey’s End)
Average BBC One final BARB rating: 8.05 million
Average BBC Three rating for first week repeats: 1.64 million
Average BBC iPlayer views for first week views: 0.51 million
Average audience across all outlets (ie BBC One, BBC Three & iPlayer): 10.20 million

2010 SERIES (13 eps: The Eleventh Hour to The Big Bang)
Average BBC One final BARB rating: 7.70 million
Average BBC Three and BBC HD ratings for first week repeats: 1.01 million
Average BBC iPlayer views for first week views: 1.14 million
Average audience across all outlets (ie BBC One, BBC HD, BBC Three & iPlayer): 9.85 million

2011 SERIES (first 9 episodes only, for which full figures are currently available)
Average BBC One final BARB rating: 7.64 million
Average BBC Three ratings for first week repeats: 0.99 million
Average BBC iPlayer views for first week views: 1.14 million
Average audience across all outlets (ie BBC One, BBC HD, BBC Three & iPlayer): 9.77 million

hookbeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2011, 09:22   #43
Boink!
Politics, eh?

Thanked 3,411 Times in 1,138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmaster View Post
My guess is that River Song was in the Doctor's room.
Nope:

Boink! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2011, 17:19   #44
Guest 61747
Collector Of Cool Stuff.

I, for my part, have not said that it is less popular. What I have said is that a lot more folks that perhap Moff would like are commenting on the uneven spread of the episodes.

It is that unevenness that, for me, is making for a less easily enjoyed season than the previous. In one of my more recent posts, I say that I will probably get to like it over time, perhaps as much as the 5th...but I would like to see how Moff pulls it all together in the end.

I have a huge amount of respect for Moff and I really like what Matt has done with his role to date, and I have been burning the eps to DVD as they are aired, so no one can say that I do not like it.

But it is very un-evenly mixed in it's quality and story telling.
Guest 61747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2011, 18:19   #45
Bapapapa
ᗧ。。。。。。ᗣᗣᗣᗣ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boink! View Post
Nope:

Bapapapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 07:45   #46
new
Sand Dab

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightStorm View Post
I, for my part, have not said that it is less popular. What I have said is that a lot more folks that perhap Moff would like are commenting on the uneven spread of the episodes.

It is that unevenness that, for me, is making for a less easily enjoyed season than the previous. In one of my more recent posts, I say that I will probably get to like it over time, perhaps as much as the 5th...but I would like to see how Moff pulls it all together in the end.

I have a huge amount of respect for Moff and I really like what Matt has done with his role to date, and I have been burning the eps to DVD as they are aired, so no one can say that I do not like it.

But it is very un-evenly mixed in it's quality and story telling.

On the whole I would take Moff's written ones over RTD's (although do rate highly his Turn Left, Midnight, Stolen Earth, Parting of the Ways and Doomsday), but I do think RTD was a better show-runner and managed to get a good mix of episodes in his series. Yes there were some duff ones in there, but for me there was always the feeling of did not like that, but there will be a better one next week.

With Moff and particularly with this series I dont think the variety has been there, espically when you take the last 3 episodes which have all basically been the leads running around/trapped in a building. Now I have liked all 3, but do think that there similar themes/situations has taken something away from each following episode.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 08:21   #47
Guest 61747
Collector Of Cool Stuff.

The season started with a cliff hanger, and with an effective and truly creepy looking villain too. This is a very brave move indeed.
The mid-season break was also bit of an annnoyance as there is nothing better at destroying any dramatic flow that the season was building than throwing a long break into the middle of it all.

I feel that that has been a major contributor to the unevenness of it because it commits the season to a certain course of episode styles, be they 'Stand-Alone' or 'Arc'.

Still, it's the Cybermen tomorrow and (I'd wager) a reappearance of someones's 'only partially failed attempt to build a TARDIS' type console.
Guest 61747 is offline   Reply With Quote