Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > DVD and Blu-ray Discussion

Notices

Old 31-03-2010, 13:56   #141
Guest 22574
Roar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwangomango View Post
I noticed this but i'm certain it's not a problem with the disc. My Pioneer plasma has this same issue with lots of other material too.
are you running at 24P
if not that could be the cause.
Guest 22574 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2010, 14:07   #142
kwangomango
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjm View Post
are you running at 24P
if not that could be the cause.
Cheers but it's just an issue the panel has with panning sometimes as i see it on Sky HD too.
kwangomango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2010, 17:34   #143
LordoftheDance
PSN: Stigdu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwangomango View Post
Cheers but it's just an issue the panel has with panning sometimes as i see it on Sky HD too.
Very interesting, thanks!
LordoftheDance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2010, 12:50   #144
Guest 20213
Trusted User

Just got my SE Toy Story 1&2 the other day and watched TS 2 last night. My god, it's impressive. The picture is absolutely first class, with a level of detail far above DVD versions (look at the walls when the toys are first outside) and the sound. Well, the sound.... The DTS-MA audio absolutely blows this one out of the water. Bass rumbles are now beautifully deep (check the intro and the pipe falling off the lorry for good examples, vocals crisp and clear and surround is perfect).

For Ł17 I certainly can't complain, and even the missus says it looks and sounds better, so if she says that, it must do
Guest 20213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 13:57   #145
welshmatt
Rusted User

Bit of a bump, I have the UK BDs for TS1 & 2 and wanted to check if they contain the audio commentaries that are also in my R1 Ultimate Toy Box DVDs. I don't see them mentioned on the back of the case and am currently without a player to check. All the reviews I have seen talk about the US versions, so wanted to make sure the UK BDs have them before I get rid of the DVDs.

By the way, it may be 18 months late but in reply to Walrus Man's mission to watch the 'original' version of TS2, I'm positive that the UK cinema release was the international version with outtakes in the credits, so if that is what Pixar intended for us then i'm happy to have the same on the BDs now. As others have said the the outtakes were far better in the credits than standalone extras anyway.
welshmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 14:07   #146
Captain_Howdy666
Made of 100% pure awesome

The review forToy Story 2 says it does. The first Toy Story movie doesn't have a review but it would be safe to assume that the audio commentary is included.

Also, both titles are region free so I would imagine that all discs are identical.

Last edited by Captain_Howdy666; 08-09-2011 at 14:11.
Captain_Howdy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 14:17   #147
welshmatt
Rusted User

Thanks
welshmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 17:18   #148
Walrus Man
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshmatt View Post
By the way, it may be 18 months late but in reply to Walrus Man's mission to watch the 'original' version of TS2, I'm positive that the UK cinema release was the international version with outtakes in the credits, so if that is what Pixar intended for us then i'm happy to have the same on the BDs now. As others have said the the outtakes were far better in the credits than standalone extras anyway.
The outtakes were in the credits in the cinema release, but so was the USA flag behind Buzz during his speech, yet the DVD had the international version.

So does the UK BD definitively have the globe behind Buzz? I'll be annoyed if not, as I paid a lot more for the US release!
Walrus Man is offline   Reply With Quote