Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Books and Comics Discussion

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2010, 11:00   #1
SpaceCoyote
Trusted User

Zombie Books - Any Recommendations?

I've been an avid dead head from the age of 12 after my cousin made me watch a bad pirate VHS of Evil Dead, which scared the absolute bejesus out of me. Yeah, I know the physical manifestation of the evil in Evil Dead was possession and not zombies, but hey-ho.

Anyway, I started reading zombie fiction after reading recommendations for World War Z on here; a book that I love and have read 4 times already.

After I purchased an iPad and downloaded Amazon Kindle I've found a lot of zombie fiction out there, but it strikes me as being a bit of a minefield. My preference for zombie mythology is a slow, stupid and unrelenting enemy.

So far I have read:

Books
World War Z - Max Brooks - for me a perfect book
The Rising - Brian Keene - not keen on the possession/intelligent zombie theme
City of the Dead - Brian Keene
Dead Sea - Brian Keene - quite enjoyed this one - very bleak

Kindle Books
Tooth and Nail - Craig Dilouie - okay, but a bit "28 Days Later" and very military focused
After Life - Jaron Lee Knuth - my first Kindle book, I think it cost me $1 and was worth it
White Flag of the Dead - Joseph Talluto - excellent, if not a bit long winded - could use a bit of editing
Patient Zero - Jonathan Maberry - brilliant. If Jack Reacher was in a zombie novel, this would be it

I am currently reading Day by Day Armageddon by J.L. Bourne and while I'm enjoying it, I am already 40% of the way through after one evening and I have nothing else queued.

So, I would love to hear some suggestions for my next book please, preferably available as a Kindle book.

Last edited by SpaceCoyote; 12-08-2010 at 11:03.
SpaceCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote