Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Gaming Forums > Board Games Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2016, 22:23   #11
Wendelius
XBox Live: Wendelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutter45 View Post
Played Black Fleet this afternoon with my eldest and father in law. It's a pirate game with the principle aim being to pick and up deliver goods, but with pirate ships marauding about plundering the goods and sinking merchants, and with neutral Navy ships taking down the Pirates. It's great fun, lots of things going with variable abilities and bonus cards, and a large element of take that, in a similar vein to Survive. The board and components are awesome, highly recommend it.
Black Fleet is neat and looks great. It's also easy to learn, but ultimately very lightweight. We've played it 3 or 4 times, but it's not the most requested by the kids. I like it though.

We played a few games of "A fake artist goes to New York" this weekend. That went down a treat. It's also one of the simplest game ever. But such a laugh. Also, guessing who is the fake artist is not always as easy as it looks.

The only problem is that you need 5 to 10 players to play it. So not one for small families.

Wendelius