Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Television Discussion

Notices

Old 05-10-2006, 05:11   #1
Xenomorph
BUILDING BETTER WORLDS

Lost 3x01 (Spoilers)

Well...

Fantastic start. Just brilliantly done.

More questions than answers as per usual... but great start.

Interesting that they know everything about Jack. Either the initiative is still active or this really was planned in some way. That said the crash ( and Swan hatch going bang ) appeared to be a total surprise to Ben and company though the speed with which he assigned Ethan and Goodwin certainly hints that they've dealth with such situations before. Presumably with Henry Gale, and Desmonds boat at least.

At any rate good start. Looking forward to next weeks which looks like its going to be just as interesting judging from the trailer.

No idea what Juliet is playing at. Can't see what is to gain by tormenting Jack. Or Sawyer and Kate for that matter.

Last edited by Xenomorph; 05-10-2006 at 05:13.
Xenomorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 07:38   #2
shand754
Gamertag - Shanduk

Yep good episode that as usual makes me desperate to see the next one. Nice to have a flashback that actually gave us some new information about one of the characters, hope they can keep this up through the season.

Anyway the opening sequence and what we saw of the Others in this episode is interesting. I am leaning towards thinking they are not Dharma now as Juliet never confirmed that they were. It was also interesting that Juliet seemed to be uncomfortable keeping Jack in captivity and breaking him down whereas she had no qualms about tasering Sawyer.

Oh yeah and that was a nice dress

Where is the trailer for episode 2?

Last edited by shand754; 05-10-2006 at 07:40.
shand754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 08:48   #3
Xenomorph
BUILDING BETTER WORLDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by shand754

Where is the trailer for episode 2?
Aired after the show in the US. Sorry. Im sure it'll be around soon enough.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:57   #4
KennyVader
Insomniac

Yeah that was a good episode. I hope they keep up the pace!

So NotHenry is called Ben

Sawyer loves Kate! Sawyer loves Kate!

So the whole thing with Jack letting the water in to the aquarium, that was all planned by Julia/Ben?

Wonder what pain Kate is in for in the next two weeks
KennyVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 10:18   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyVader
Wonder what pain Kate is in for in the next two weeks
That would pretty much be the whole series if they keep up the 24 hours per episode business, unless she escapes...
Old 05-10-2006, 10:48   #6
Guest 43206
Isn't it?

Excellent stuff!

Glad to have it back, good flashback for Jack too, filled in a couple of blanks at least. Loving the Sawyer quippage too, excellent shot of the flight 815 breaking up. Felt sorry for Kate (2 weeks in lost = ~ 7 episodes), it seems like Ben and his little gang are quite nasty, at least it seems that way.

Can't wait for next week.
Guest 43206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 12:21   #7
Richie
Trusted User

Ooooh I instantly HATE Juliet with a passion! What a total bitch!
WHY WHY WHY are 'they' doing this? What kind of people would do this? How can they possibly claim to be "the good guys"? Arrrrggghhhh it makes me so mad!!!!!!
I bloody love it!
So glad it's back but my blood pressure is way up now!!!!!!

Is it just me who gets so very confused by Juliet, Jack's ex-wife Sarsh and Penny Widmore all looking very similar?
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 12:44   #8
basegreen
neergesab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie
Is it just me who gets so very confused by Juliet, Jack's ex-wife Sarsh and Penny Widmore all looking very similar?
No, it is very confusing indeed! Probably deliberate.
basegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 13:24   #9
Guest 43206
Isn't it?

Quote:
Ooooh I instantly HATE Juliet with a passion! What a total bitch!
You should watch 'Running Scared' (the Paul Walker film, it's good though!) you'll hate her even more...

I'm still trying to work out if 'they' are really 'the good guys' or not... or just mad.
Guest 43206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 13:44   #10
Guest 2241
Trusted User

Quote:
For some reason Sarah looks a lot different in this episode, normally Julie Bowen has quite distinctive features. I did think Juliet was penny at the start.

Are The Others Darma? Well there's nothing really to suggest they're not. Until we find out otherwise I'm going to believe they're Darma.

The start was fairly interesting, we get the opening eye shot from the last two premieres and an eye and music bit from last year. Very interesting to see how the Others live, we knew they were living a life of luxury but who knew they had a whole small town USA thing going on?! If only the survivors climbed all the way to the top of the mountain, they'd probably have saved a lot of time.

Overal though I was fairly disappointed, it wasn't the best episode since the pilot, that tvguide.com called it. Seems strange the others would treat K/S/J like that if they already knew so much about them, and it was obvious they knew a lot about them.

Best line "It only took the bears 2 hours!"

Quote:
They knew the passengers' names remember?
They could have found that out AFTER though. They've had 60 days or so to collect this info, all the need is one

Last edited by camaj; 05-10-2006 at 14:11.
Guest 2241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 14:23   #11
GCfreako
I don't like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaj
They could have found that out AFTER though. They've had 60 days or so to collect this info, all the need is one
Didn't they already have a list of the people they wanted to kidnap from the 2nd group? Anna Lucia killed one of the guys at night during the raid and he had a list with all the names of the people to take, if I remember correctly.
GCfreako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 12:33   #12
Guest 1800
no, i dont have 3 nipples

Arg, i suppose to be waiting to watch this later with my gf and her mates but ... I HAVE IT RIGHT NOW!

Ok, so i watched the intro and a random scene from the middle... "... i did these things for you because the next two weeks will be very unpleasent"

I NEEEEED to watch it all! NOW!
Guest 1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 13:30   #13
GCfreako
I don't like it

Aquarium, bear cages (linked to the polar bear that we've seen presumably). A zoo for doing experiments?
I think they were expecting the plane crash but didn't know when it would occur. They knew the passengers' names remember?

Last edited by GCfreako; 05-10-2006 at 13:31.
Old 05-10-2006, 14:36   #14
basegreen
neergesab

Ben said to make a list once theyd infiltrated.
basegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 15:43   #15
Jez
Ellis Retire!

Interesting start to the new seasons answering some questions whilst adding some, its what Lost is best at doing. They could give you all the answers in one episode thus it would become a film not a series (rant for people who moan about that)

The others leader "Ben" has some kind of hold over everyone and controls them all, i wonder what he has on them? Hmmmmmm.

Even in the book meeting "Ben, wouldn't like the book" Juliet responding with anger, i think she is being kept there against her will and has had enough perhaps.

Hopefully catch up with everyone else next week and find out what happened with the hatch.
Jez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 16:07   #16
Guest 4466
Out of the water

Do we know what the book was? It was Stephen King, but which one? I wondered if it was from the Dark Tower series, which also has Wizard Of Oz references.
Guest 4466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 16:14   #17
Richie
Trusted User

It's 'Carrie'.
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 16:30   #18
GCfreako
I don't like it

The beginning of this episode was strangely similar to the beginning of the first episode of season 2 - Petula Clark singing and Desmond just waking up etc..?

Update: It wasn't Petula Clark singing last year but Mama Cass . Still, the beginning of both episodes looked quite similar to me

Last edited by GCfreako; 05-10-2006 at 16:36.
Old 05-10-2006, 16:38   #19
Xenomorph
BUILDING BETTER WORLDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCfreako
The beginning of this episode was strangely similar to the beginning of the first episode of season 2 - Petula Clark singing and Desmond just waking up etc..?
Can anyone remember how the very first episode started?

Im wondering if each season is going to start with a different perspective on the crash.

I *think* the first ep started with the people on the plane. I'd be willing to bet it starts with an eye aswell.

Im also beginning to wonder if these people really are DHARMA initiative or something else just making use of the facilities.

Also interesting that the Swan hatch going up doesn't seem to have had any immediate effect, Ben and company certainly don't seem to concerned about it.

The only thing in my eyes that possibly fits with Ben and company being the good guys, is if they have to keep Jack and company in the dark about what DHARMA is up to in order to have any hope of acheiving their goals. (Which if you take the Lost Experience at face value are noble and "good" goals).
Old 05-10-2006, 16:44   #20
GCfreako
I don't like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenomorph
Can anyone remember how the very first episode started?

Im wondering if each season is going to start with a different perspective on the crash.
It started with Jack waking up and you see his eye

Second series started that way : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNmFYwqJrHA

Last edited by GCfreako; 05-10-2006 at 16:46.