Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Television Discussion

Old 25-03-2009, 23:28   #81
Richie
Trusted User

Phillip Taylor There's my reason for watching! Now get your kit off!

Monged out Jonathan Rhys Myers was a rubbish Emperor!
And when did Natalie Appleton have a stroke?
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2009, 23:35   #82
mjb1975
Blandiblub

Urgh - that Philip is my most-hated for this season (so far!) of the blokes. Desperate to be alpha male and set up some quick cliques.

Of the girls, my god I don't think I've hated any contestants as much as Debra and that Heather Mills one.

Felt Anita was a bit hard done by. Anyone could've pointed out that they didn't have to spend that much - it wasn't just her job. It reminded me of a couple of seasons ago (one or two) with that posh bloke who priced up the lobster wrong and got fired, although that wasn't an individual mistake IIRC. Still, Anita's cheer for 'being under budget' was funny and marked her card.

Great start to the new series.
Old 25-03-2009, 23:35   #83
splobber
Administrator

I thought Heather Mills had caught Bell's Palsy at first glance.
splobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2009, 23:36   #84
36Degrees
Njósnavélin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabby View Post
Did anyone else understand that clip of the Geordie bloke they showed on "You're Fired!"?
Yeah I understood it fine... he basically said that before exploring other avenues of revenue you need to do some market research !
36Degrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 00:16   #85
danielsesay
Your Oh Vision!

Quote:
Originally Posted by splobber View Post
I thought Heather Mills had caught Bell's Palsy at first glance.
Her smirk annoys me already.

Managed to finally watch it BBC iPlayer after my DVR decided to crash halfway through recording losing the entire programme.

Definitely the right person got fired, but the Debra was a right bitch (you can see she's going to be trouble). She definitely messed up in not getting those extra cars and tried to pin it on Moaner (I'm spelling her name like that from now on).

The curly redhead is quite foxy (even though she looks older than 29).

Philip talks like Jack Charlton. I kept expecting him to hold up a box of Shredded Wheat whenever he said "100%".

Last edited by danielsesay; 26-03-2009 at 00:17.
danielsesay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 00:51   #86
Ricinus
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb1975 View Post
Felt Anita was a bit hard done by.
At the end of the day she didn't step up to the plate.
Ricinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 00:56   #87
Guest 7607
Custom User Title

Tell you what, if Paula is 29 she's had a bloody hard life!
Guest 7607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 07:56   #88
cjanderson
2 phalanxs and a catapult

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordoftheDance View Post
Why are people even allowed to enter the programme if they're doing so successfully in real life? Isn't there any vetting going on?

Give someone a chance who deserves the chance.

I've read that a lot of these guys are teachers, business development managers, manager this, senior that, so they must be on a fairly decent wage anyway.

Why can't they get recent graduates from University who don't have a job yet to go on the programme instead?

I'm sick of seeing people who earn good money going on television, getting their 1/2/3 (insert integer <13 here) week(s) of fame, and being given a chance to earn a ludicrous amount of money working for someone like Sir Alan.
why would sir alan want an inexperienced Grad working for him?

Its more, why would anyone with a good position WANT to go on this show, i get why you'd go on to get good tv exposure, not done The badger, or clare or the runner up in season 1 any harm. But they would earn more (some of them) doing their normal jobs and not have the mick taken out of them for 13 weeks.

felt Anita was hard done by, she didn't cuase the loss any more than anyone else did. But she didn't fight and thats what he wants. No loss entertainment wise but nice to see her smiling on the aftershow.
cjanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 08:47   #89
Space Duck
Trusted User

I was audibly shhhhhhhing the screen when Anita piped up and decided to plead her case... up until that point the other two sniping at each other put her in the clear but she HAD to open her mouth

Really Dislike Debra and Mr Taylor... you can tell the kind of people they are, she was all too happy to call Anita a Puppet and other wonderful things and as they left after the firing, the leader went to hug Anita and Debra went straight for her case.

Same goes for Mr Taylor, totally tried to obliterate his leader fella in the boardroom until he realised they had won and then it was all hugs outside the boardroom... hmmmmm hopefully he'll fall in that vat of whatever they were mixing for next weeks preview.
Space Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 08:58   #90
stu_69
prohibido

What a complete and utter bunch of ******* bellends and ****tards the lot of them where. This series the producers have gone completely for a bunch of edjits who will make good "entertainment" TV.

The Gavin Henson lookalike is this years plucky young dumb guy who will probably survive till the end because he will be given numerous chances by Suralan.
stu_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 09:05   #91
stu_69
prohibido

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordoftheDance View Post
Why are people even allowed to enter the programme if they're doing so successfully in real life? Isn't there any vetting going on?

Give someone a chance who deserves the chance.

I've read that a lot of these guys are teachers, business development managers, manager this, senior that, so they must be on a fairly decent wage anyway.

Why can't they get recent graduates from University who don't have a job yet to go on the programme instead?

I'm sick of seeing people who earn good money going on television, getting their 1/2/3 (insert integer <13 here) week(s) of fame, and being given a chance to earn a ludicrous amount of money working for someone like Sir Alan.

I hope they all ******* lose.

Except the single mum who says she didn't get a proper education.
I always wonder about that as well. The Aprentice is a lot like BB after the first series it was just show offs, idiots and weirdos who applied to get on television.

One of this lot owns a chain of sandwich shops and his take home salary last year was in excess of £3m (according to the paper). Why on earth does he want or need a job with suralan?

Always reminds me of the "I'll do anything to get on TV" segments from the Word.
stu_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 09:07   #92
Mr Majestik
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabby View Post
Did anyone else understand that clip of the Geordie bloke they showed on "You're Fired!"?

!
Mr Majestik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 09:12   #93
Guest 1313
Cockney Brummie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu_69 View Post

The Gavin Henson lookalike is this years plucky young dumb guy who will probably survive till the end because he will be given numerous chances by Suralan.
My thoughts exactly. He looks ridiculous as he's obviously been working out like a maniac before appearing on TV and has just ended up looking like the michelin man squeezed into a suit.

I think Debra will win. Smart, very sharp and already looks to be a master of playing the game. I think they'll play her as the baddy for a few shows then the editing will become kinder to her as the series closes....
Guest 1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 10:15   #94
woburnx
Trusted User

Good episode. There is plenty of "lack of talent" with this bunch, to make a good 13 weeks of bitching and slagging everyone off.

For starters, that estate agent bloke was a right ****. He didn't listen, didn't deliver his side of the project responsibility and then had the audacity to have a go at the Project Manager. As Sr alan would say "I have got his card marked".

I thought the blokes PM did all right but could have been stronger as they were onto a winner shining shoes.

Do not bypass the auto censor

Last edited by maddogsuk; 26-03-2009 at 17:32.
woburnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 10:30   #95
LordoftheDance
PSN: Stigdu

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjanderson View Post
why would sir alan want an inexperienced Grad working for him?
I'm pretty sure I read a long time ago, that back in the day when Sir Alan was head of Amstrad Computers, he was quite heavily into recruiting graduates as they were young and had more drive than the already established older peeps.

Grads will already have the theoretical down pat (hopefully), and getting on the show would be good practical experience for them.

I guess there would be less 'personality' involved if it was all graduates, which would make for less interesting television (after all, personalities tend to be shaped by circumstances around us, and become more defined the longer we're around on this planet) but I guess my main point is, as stu_69 said, why is someone who earned £3m last year (if that is indeed true) even allowed to set foot near the programme?
LordoftheDance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 12:43   #96
ben.bayliss
Senior Citizen

Phew. What a relief - all through the episode I was hoping that Jim-ina Hill would get the sack. Her chin would have annoyed me every week!
ben.bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 14:14   #97
Siv
Trusted User

lacks raith - disappointing
Siv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 17:09   #98
MaleStrom
Trusted User

MaleStrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 17:24   #99
statto
Jedi Master

statto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 19:55   #100
KennyVader
Insomniac

She looks more like Alan Carr from certain angles.
KennyVader is offline   Reply With Quote