Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Television Discussion

Notices

Old 07-03-2018, 05:45   #61
tomos
XBL - virgo22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceranger2001 View Post

Earth-38 needs to be renamed as the Earth where the men have no balls.
but that's taken by earth-1 seeing as oliver is now no longer the main character (since s3 really - queen fefe is) and is wrapped around fefe's finger, and barry? well 'you're not the flash, we're the flash'. **** off Iris.

you're right about arrow. it lost it during s4 and never recovered, flash lost it during s3 and still hasn't recovered IMO.

way too much emotional drama and new side characters brought in (joe's knocked up D.A. to give him more development necessitating less screen time for the core team etc).

got to love reddit and the cornucopia of 'this doesn't change anything hoss' memes for the last 2 weeks or so though. serious hate for new team arrow and massive cheering for mad dog being pummelled - as they all deserved.

supergirl? last series the relationship crap was way too much. cut it out now mostly and it's enjoyable.

now to catch up on gotham
tomos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 12:39   #62
shteve
Trusted User

Never gave Supergirl a chance, just about tolerating Arrow, struggling to carry on with Flash, but loving Legends. I am only up to the Earth X crossover on all of them, so that could all change. S2 of Legends is much better than S1 IMO, the constant contrived failures to catch Vandal Savage were frustrating. There's a lot more humour coming through now too, though not sure how much that will change with the character loss in the Earth X episodes.
Old 07-03-2018, 13:01   #63
aprout
worn to perfection

Location: Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs
Quote:
Originally Posted by shteve View Post
S2 of Legends is much better than S1 IMO, the constant contrived failures to catch Vandal Savage were frustrating
Not to worry, there's plenty of contrived failures to catch/kill the big baddie in this season too. & it's just as irritating.
aprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 13:32   #64
Spaceranger2001
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprout View Post
Not to worry, there's plenty of contrived failures to catch/kill the big baddie in this season too. & it's just as irritating.
All the shows are suffering this and an overload of sentimental drama; the reason being its cheaper to film ollie and felciity for half an hour moaning on about feelings than it is to film 30 minutes of fist and sharp metal things being plunged into various organs.
Spaceranger2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 22:14   #65
tomos
XBL - virgo22

Quote:
Originally Posted by shteve View Post
Never gave Supergirl a chance, just about tolerating Arrow, struggling to carry on with Flash, but loving Legends. I am only up to the Earth X crossover on all of them, so that could all change. S2 of Legends is much better than S1 IMO, the constant contrived failures to catch Vandal Savage were frustrating. There's a lot more humour coming through now too, though not sure how much that will change with the character loss in the Earth X episodes.
god i hated that crossover - not just the infamous bit that most people hated (bar fefe fans) but the fact that the space nazis played british bulldog with the good guys while armed and yet never used the guns to shoot - just as clubs when they got within 3 feet of the team.

moronic writing.

started thinking about how 90s joss whedon would have handled arrow/flash shows if he did them back then instead of buffy. could have been glorious
Old 07-03-2018, 22:30   #66
Spaceranger2001
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomos View Post
god i hated that crossover - not just the infamous bit that most people hated (bar fefe fans) but the fact that the space nazis played british bulldog with the good guys while armed and yet never used the guns to shoot - just as clubs when they got within 3 feet of the team.

moronic writing.

started thinking about how 90s joss whedon would have handled arrow/flash shows if he did them back then instead of buffy. could have been glorious
FeFe no idea what that is
Spaceranger2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 23:29   #67
cjanderson
2 phalanxs and a catapult

At least the 4 shows seem quite good in terms of representation. Quite a few gay characters (who just are gay and have normal romances like super girls sister) and that’s nice to see. I do also quite like the one from prison break and Russell tovey, are they sticking around - legends I assume?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cjanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 23:33   #68
cjanderson
2 phalanxs and a catapult

I am watching scandal now it’s returned but I shall be quite happy when that is over in 6 episodes time. Are any of the characters nice? Have any of them not murdered someone? Are we supposed to want them all dead. It’s a strange one.
How to get away with murder has managed to get to 9 eps unwached in the planner. Modern family also has that. And just deleted second half of marvel agents, season 4.
Am enjoying the disappearance on universal, 6 part mini series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cjanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 15:05   #69
TonyG
Xbox Live: Tony Gster

I'm starting to get tired of all the CW Superhero shows now.

Arrow was the first to go bad (around S4) & has never recovered. The current old team vs new team story has been handled horribly.

The Flash has attempted to go lighter & funnier this season & occasionally it works fine but most times it goes too far & makes me cringe. On the plus side, this week's "Flash Time" standalone episode was excellent & as good as it's ever been so there's hope yet.

Supergirl has recovered a little after the romance-heavy S2 but has stumbled badly in the last half-dozen episodes of S3 & clearly needed to go on a break to recover from losing their main showrunner.

Legends of Tomorrow remains frustratingly random in quality. The humour misses more than hits & the storylines vary wildly from horrendous to fun. Highlight was the recent "time-loop" episode. I actually groaned at the beginning when I quickly identified what was happening, but like the recent Star Trek Discovery episode, it felt fresh & was very well handled. But then, in standard fashion, they dropped the ball the following week with a horrendous "Pirates in the Caribbean" episode that their budget couldn't handle.

Lastly, the new Black Lightning show, which I somehow struggled through the first three episodes before dumping. Almost every element was handled poorly & I just can't handle more CW superhero banality...
TonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 21:18   #70
tomos
XBL - virgo22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceranger2001 View Post
FeFe no idea what that is
felicity
Old 09-03-2018, 13:25   #71
cliff homewood
Trusted User

For me its CW superhero shows No Marvel yes, however that maybe starting to change with the slide in quality of marvel recently, but then it improved again with The Punisher, fingers crossed Jessica Jones S2 is good.
cliff homewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 13:32   #72
Hernster
Toon Army Member

Is anyone watching LA to Vegas? Has that made it over to England yet? It's a funny show.
Hernster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 16:28   #73
tomos
XBL - virgo22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliff homewood View Post
For me its CW superhero shows No Marvel yes, however that maybe starting to change with the slide in quality of marvel recently, but then it improved again with The Punisher, fingers crossed Jessica Jones S2 is good.
just about to start that now actually
Old 11-03-2018, 15:30   #74
fivebyfive
Leave means lies

Legends of tomorrow is now dropped, caught up with the US and its not great, like tony G mentioned its CW Superhero fatigue not super hero fatigue. The show is not really bad its just average and Mick is the only decent character

Almost gave up on Flash but "Flash Time" ep looks good, before that it was struggle to get through those episodes. The episode after flash time, Lois and Clark did it before you

Super girl is not back yet? edit Nope

Arrow - Don't care

Last edited by fivebyfive; 11-03-2018 at 15:36.
fivebyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2018, 09:19   #75
TonyG
Xbox Live: Tony Gster

Yeah, Billions remains fantastic as ever. The acting & writing is top-notch.

Same can said for the current second series of The Good Fight. TV doesn't get much better than these two shows...
TonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2018, 13:45   #76
Hernster
Toon Army Member

Roseanne Saw two episodes last night, another 90's revised show that had digs at politics but it was wonderful to catch up with the Conners.
Hernster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2018, 16:39   #77
dunkle
Trusted User

Enjoyed Scoobynatural
Whilst not up to standards of the previous “silly” episodes it was still fun, helped I guess by the nostalgia of many a school holiday
dunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 21:23   #78
Marts62
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyG View Post
[...]
Same can said for the current second series of The Good Fight. TV doesn't get much better [...]
I [birdsong] love this show. When there are so many programmes that feel like a waste of your time, this one feels like an investment.
Marts62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 22:13   #79
Boink!
In the Good Place

Thanked 3,189 Times in 1,062 Posts
Santa Clarita Diet is back and that makes me happy.
Boink! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 21:10   #80
alsemail
Bibble....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuncanSWardle View Post
Enjoyed Scoobynatural
Whilst not up to standards of the previous “silly” episodes it was still fun, helped I guess by the nostalgia of many a school holiday
I'll never forget the episode where Dean had been "hexed", was scared of everything and got chased by a miniature Yorkshire Terrier with a bow on its head.

Also the giant stuffed bear that came to life and was depressed about all the tea parties it had to put up with, tried to kill itself with a shotgun to the face which just resulted in stuffing everywhere and a giant hole in the back of its head.
alsemail is offline   Reply With Quote