Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Music Discussion

Notices

Old 12-05-2009, 23:21   #61
Guest 2754

Thanks Nichola
We too were lucky to get floor standing tickets pmdf, and have never see anyone at the RAH, let alone Moz there, so this was THE gig I've been waiting for at such an iconic venue...talk of a birmingham reschedule in the autumn so may also reschedule rah then...
Might feel better after seeing him up the road (50 mile drive) in Salisbury in a couple of weeks time...however have considered writing out an expenses bill for the last couple of no shows and throwing it onto the stage...wonder if he'll read it
Old 12-05-2009, 23:30   #62
pmdf
Big Jesus Trash Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugman View Post
Thanks Nichola.
Might feel better after seeing him up the road (50 mile drive) in Salisbury in a couple of weeks time...however have considered writing out an expenses bill for the last couple of no shows and throwing it onto the stage...wonder if he'll read it
Lol, I know that feeling... we ended up going out for a meal and a few drinks instead and considered billing Moz for the privilege! You're so right when you say that the RAH is an iconic venue... it's one of those places that feels special and so I hope the gig is re-scheduled rather than just cancelled.
pmdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2009, 09:18   #63
pmdf
Big Jesus Trash Can

RAH and Brum have been re-scheduled for October and a handful of new dates added:

Symphony Hall Birmingham FRI 23/10/2009 19:30
Oasis Leisure Centre Swindon SAT 24/10/2009 19:30
Bournemouth Opera House Bournemouth MON 26/10/2009
Royal Albert Hall London TUE 27/10/2009 19:30
O2 Academy Leeds Leeds THU 29/10/2009 19:30
City Hall Sheffield FRI 30/10/2009 19:30

I'm really tempted to get a refund on my RAH tickets and get them for Swindon Oasis instead. Not in the same league as a venue, but 24th October is my birthday and I used to go to the Oasis as a birthday treat when I was a kid, so that would add a massive touch of nostalgia to the occasion!
Old 20-05-2009, 16:28   #64
GregB
Stagger Lee

I'm off to see him on Friday but have just picked up tickets for the Leeds gig. I just couldn't resist.

I got them through the priority tickets section in the 02 Blueroom
GregB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2009, 14:52   #65
GregB
Stagger Lee

Well he has cancelled the first night of the Brixton shows as well as the Salisbury & Troxy gigs earlier this week.
GregB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2009, 18:32   #66
pmdf
Big Jesus Trash Can

All Brixton shows now cancelled, as well as Paris and Lille.

If he's got nodules as rumoured, then it'd be better just to cancel the rest of tour and get himself fixed IMO. Then come back refreshed in October and perhaps not go for such a gruelling schedule.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:35   #67
driver8
eviscerate your memory

Thanked 2,007 Times in 841 Posts
Quote:
We Will Resume

I am very pleased to confirm that we will resume at Luxembourg this coming Friday (5 June), absorbed and collected. I have been reconstructed by a Wiltshire hospital and I am as close to good health as I'm likely to get.

I apologize to everyone caught up in the to-ing and fro-ing, but the disappointment of postponement is less than the disappointment of hearing me sing on one engine.

I should stress that nothing has been canceled. The four London concerts are repositioned in July, and both Birmingham and the Royal Albert Hall are October fixtures. I've endured a titanic struggle against an intolerable virus lately, and although Hull, Hartlepool and Manchester were nights that comprised a whole life, the physical limits were reached. False notes crush the soul.

Besides Luxembourg and beyond, I am excited about the October release of Swords, which is an 18-track compilation of b-side of singles from the last three albums. This will be a Polydor release.

Thanks to everyone who bought 'Years of Refusal'. We were the number one seller in the UK for the week of release, but, as with 'You Are The Quarry' and 'Your Arsenal', we were booted off the number one spot on the last hour of the final day. We cried.

I would like to point out that some passable creature is using my name and sending sharply chiseled replies to people via Twitter, MySpace and Facebook. This person is not me. Not enough happens in my life that I would wish to share it with others. I do not scan these sites - or whatever they are - so I can only hope that whoever is posing as me is at least worth talking to. Beware of false imitations.

Thanks for reading these unvarnished facts, and thanks for giving us some greatly enjoyable nights on the Refusal tour.

Absolutely Yours,
Morrissey.
Old 24-10-2009, 23:46   #68
NicolaUK
Trusted User

Oh dear

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8324492.stm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/m...g-concert.html
NicolaUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 00:05   #69
The Boogerman
mmmm...slanty

Fingers crossed he's OK. Has he put on weight recently or is that just the choice of photos the news websites use?
Old 25-10-2009, 01:18   #70
driver8
eviscerate your memory

Thanked 2,007 Times in 841 Posts

just heard this on BBC - a journalist who was at the gig has phoned in to News 24.

"stable" at the hospital, just now.

come on Moz, you bugger - don't die on us just yet !
driver8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 06:23   #71
LouBarlow
Retired Member

Nice of the crowd to boo him off. Classy.

40 years of not eating meat can't be good for you though.
LouBarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 07:25   #72
SPB
Balding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouBarlow View Post
Nice of the crowd to boo him off. Classy.
I don't think everyone was aware of what was happening at first. I think they thought he had stormed off rather than taken ill.
SPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 13:59   #73
pmdf
Big Jesus Trash Can

I was there last night and, as said, only the front few rows were aware of what had happened. It happened so quickly that one minute I was shuffling along to a great rendition of This Charming Man, and the next thing I noticed that the stage had completely emptied. We spoke to loads of people after the gig, but it wasn't until a fair bit later we heard from someone that he had collapsed. The booing was limited to a handful of idiots. Most of the crowd were just standing around wondering what was going on.
Old 25-10-2009, 14:16   #74
Moldiver
Contributor/Reviews

Do hope everything turns out ok. I've recently gone back to some of his CDs over the past couple of weeks. Had Vauxhall and I on loads this past week. Never seen him live, but would like to. Maybe next time if he's up to it.
Old 25-10-2009, 14:29   #75
Guest 2754

Just got back home from the gig last night. We were about 4 rows from the front. He came on looking a bit peaky and said 'good evening perhaps' or something similar which suggested he didn't feel right.
Starting belting out 'This Charming Man' all seemed well, and then right at the end of the song (2 minutes later) he knelt down holding onto the mic stand (although he often does this anyway) and then tried to get back up and it then seemed he slipped and his legs went...looked pretty out of it when a bouncer and Boz manhandled him off, with Moz's legs buckling beneath him across the stage and down some steps at the side of the stage.

A few minutes later a roadie (I think) came on and announced he would lets us know what's happening. Everyone just stood around, and those close to us were comparing stories of gigs cancelled etc in the last few years....20 mins or so later, the guy comes back and says Moz has left the building and is 'seriously ill', and to hang onto your tickets for a refund.

Apart from a handful of boos, most of the crowd were stunned and quiet and pretty understanding about it...most concerned that Moz himself was OK....

Get well soon Moz
Old 25-10-2009, 15:30   #76
pmdf
Big Jesus Trash Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugman View Post
Just got back home from the gig last night. We were about 4 rows from the front. He came on looking a bit peaky and said 'good evening perhaps' or something similar which suggested he didn't feel right.
Yeah, "Good evening... possibly". I just put it down to his usual self-deprecating humour, and the fact he had reportedly been feeling a bit off colour at the previous night's show in Brum. Having already been burnt by the RAH cancellation earlier this year, we had been checking online all day for news of a possible cancellation after reading reviews of that show before setting off from Cardiff. I even half-seriously commented to my wife that if he did play then I bet he wouldn't finish the set. Once he came on I thought he sounded great and was reassured, but clearly he wasn't well after all.

Good news is that he's now out of hospital and, according to Jonathan Ross' Twitter feed, planning on continuing the tour.

[Update] Despite the above, Bournemouth cancelled tomorrow http://www.o2academybournemouth.co.u...rissey-tickets. For the best I reckon - he should put his feet up for a bit and recover properly before getting back on stage IMO.

Last edited by pmdf; 25-10-2009 at 20:03.
Old 07-11-2009, 22:28   #77
NicolaUK
Trusted User

Just heard tonight's show got pulled after someone threw a pint at him as soon as he came on stage
Old 07-11-2009, 22:37   #78
DM
Self Abuser

Shouldn't Oasis fans be going to Kasabian now?
DM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 22:48   #79
NicolaUK
Trusted User

I just don't get the mentality of some people - esp at nigh on £4 a pint
Old 07-11-2009, 22:54   #80
DeadYankee

Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,022 Posts
Mead is murder
DeadYankee is offline   Reply With Quote