Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Gaming Forums > Video Games Forum

Notices

Old 22-11-2018, 10:44   #61
JimDriver2
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyG View Post
I finally found the Spartan Conquest Icon, hidden under the Northern Border of the area. Must have took me about a dozen goes to complete. As soon as the Main Bad Guy comes at you, I was struggling to take care of him as there was always a couple of random shielded bad-guys flanking me too. I definitely could have used that Spartan Kick to give me some breathing room! ... Of course, as soon as I next levelled up, I unlocked that.
Get the shield breaker ability as well. That's worth levelling up as soon as possible as well, it makes it much easier to thin the herd that way. The ability for slowing time is pretty good as well, enables easier navigation away from flankers. Oh and the one that lets you do a powerful 1 hit strike in melee that uses your assassination level, you can do some real damage with that.
JimDriver2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2018, 10:47   #62
dmb6473a
Trusted User

Once I got these four:-

- Shield Breaker
- Spartan Kick
- Second Wind
- Fire Sword (or whatever its called)

I found that I didn't need any others for the rest of the game.
dmb6473a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2018, 11:40   #63
TonyG
Xbox Live: Tony Gster

Yeah I've got the Shield Breaker which is essential. Need to go for Second Wind next to top up my health when in trouble.

One of the main differences from Origins is the Bow is much less powerful. In Origins, I used to stealth around & one-shot bad-guys with headshots no problem at all. No such luck in this game so far, despite having a decent Legendary Bow...
TonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2018, 11:48   #64
dmb6473a
Trusted User

Quote:
Yeah I've got the Shield Breaker which is essential. Need to go for Second Wind next to top up my health when in trouble.

One of the main differences from Origins is the Bow is much less powerful. In Origins, I used to stealth around & one-shot bad-guys with headshots no problem at all. No such luck in this game so far, despite having a decent Legendary Bow...

Yeah, it's because of the perk structure for the bow on the lefthand side of the upgrade screen. I found that it wasn't worth using until you'd got the thing completely levelled up (other than fire arrows on legendary beasts).
Old 22-11-2018, 14:07   #65
sharp_circle
Fantasist

Dear god that boar....... It took me about 10 attempts. In went a murdering and got 2 bounty hunters fighting the bugger hahaha
Old 22-11-2018, 14:16   #66
sharp_circle
Fantasist

My favourite perks are:
Devastating shot, which is good for those one shot headshots on captains
Overpower bow strike, which takes a bit of getting used to but can completely kill lots of enemies at once and remove the majority of health of difficult bounty hunters or leaders
Rush Assassin which is really great, allowing you to chain assassin kills.
Critical assassination which at the higher levels lets you assassinate captains

The only warrior perks i have is sparta kick and second wind. I'm a from the shadows type assassin
Old 26-11-2018, 08:22   #67
ljp
learned 2 ape the motions

What on Earth are you supposed to do when you get 3 / 4 bounty hunters hunting you at the same time? My skills aren't good enough to fit 3 of them at once, is the only alternative to run away and try and fight them later or just pay the bounty via the menu?
ljp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2018, 08:45   #68
JimDriver2
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljp View Post
What on Earth are you supposed to do when you get 3 / 4 bounty hunters hunting you at the same time? My skills aren't good enough to fit 3 of them at once, is the only alternative to run away and try and fight them later or just pay the bounty via the menu?
Check the map and you can see who put the bounty on you. If your level is high it could be a few people. Go and kill them and the bounty is gone! I tend to do that regularly as normally it's some NPC in a camp or fort miles away and they should mind their own business...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 26-11-2018, 10:31   #69
TonyG

I assume the missing game mechanic that I've now reached is the
element?

It's a nice addition to the Creed games.

Still enjoying the game a lot but repetitive game fatigue is setting in a little & I'm getting tired clearing out every "?" area & now just concentrating on the Main & side missions. I do also like exploring the tombs for extra ability points, but they seem quite rare & so far, much more basic than those in Origins. Do they get better, the further you progress?

Also, just one quick query. I've now unlocked the second Melee selection-wheel but it didn't mention how you access it in game. Can anyone help?
Old 26-11-2018, 10:39   #70
JimDriver2
Trusted User

Quote:
Also, just one quick query. I've now unlocked the second Melee selection-wheel but it didn't mention how you access it in game. Can anyone help?
When you hold down the button to select and ability you press the down on the dpad to alternate between melee wheels. You similarly press it on the menu screen to select it for assigning abilities to it.
Old 26-11-2018, 10:59   #71
TonyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDriver2 View Post
When you hold down the button to select and ability you press the down on the dpad to alternate between melee wheels. You similarly press it on the menu screen to select it for assigning abilities to it.
Thanks for that. I knew about assigning abilities to it but was just hitting the dpad-down in game & it was whistling for my horse! ... Makes sense now what I should have been doing.

I assume your allegiances don't mean much in game as I've been pro-Sparta since the beginning, but now that I've reached Athens, all the missions are pro-Athens based obviously!
Old 26-11-2018, 11:04   #72
JimDriver2
Trusted User

Quote:
I assume your allegiances don't mean much in game as I've been pro-Sparta since the beginning, but now that I've reached Athens, all the missions are pro-Athens based obviously!
Nope, the allegiances don't seem to affect anything really.

It's the one area of the game where the slight lack of clarity about it means it could be better. Clearly people in the game world know who you are (loads of new people recognise you as the 'eagle-bearer') so you'd think the two sides, as they hear of you just constantly doing jobs for both sides would start to get a bit narked off about it! My only thought of how it can be justified is that as you're a mercenary they don't expect loyalty from you and aren't bothered...
Old 26-11-2018, 11:12   #73
dmb6473a
Trusted User

Quote:
I assume the missing game mechanic that I've now reached is the
element?

It's a nice addition to the Creed games.

Old 03-12-2018, 11:27   #74
ljp

I have just fought
struggled for the first few attempts, enjoyable fight though.

I've also come across an island
I assume this is for later on in the game (I'm level 45 and appear to have done very little of the main quests).
Old 03-12-2018, 11:37   #75
TonyG

How deep into the game does the mythological, fantasy elements start to kick in?

I'm currently on 40% completed (Level 24 character) & apart from one brief mention of a "creature" that I was not allowed to encounter in a random cave on a random small island, I've only encountered normal human bad-guys?

With regard to main missions I'm still working through the
quest.

Game repetitive fatigue is starting to settle in again & I think it's time I take a break. Some of the recent missions I've played through have been basic & lacking in originality...
Old 03-12-2018, 11:41   #76
JimDriver2
Trusted User

I had to be Level 40 to do the first mythological creature. It was a great fight though.

I'm about 45% into the main story and 72 hours in. Playing it mainly in short spurts of about an hour or so per day alongside BFV. Not having any fatigue of the gameplay yet. The main combat gameplay mechanics are just so good and because the whole game is geared to generating as many of those as possible (inside a pretty decent story and a very well realised world) I'm not expecting to get fed up any time soon.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:52   #77
ljp

Quote:
How deep into the game does the mythological, fantasy elements start to kick in?

I'm currently on 40% completed (Level 24 character) & apart from one brief mention of a "creature" that I was not allowed to encounter in a random cave on a random small island, I've only encountered normal human bad-guys?
I thought there were only a few mythical monster fights in the game and they were all optional - I may have got this wrong but that is what I understood after reading the reviews?
Old 04-12-2018, 10:42   #78
Slender
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljp View Post
I thought there were only a few mythical monster fights in the game and they were all optional - I may have got this wrong but that is what I understood after reading the reviews?
There are 4 mythical monster fights. They're all tied to one of the main quest lines. There are 3 main storylines in the game (family, cult, mythical monsters) which have separate endings. You can ignore the mythical monsters quest line but you'll miss out on the ending to one of the main story threads.
Slender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 19:56   #79
ljp

80 hours in now, level 50, lots of legendary items and still I don't think I am anywhere near the end. I haven't even done some of the islands yet!
Old 17-12-2018, 22:03   #80
ljp

After 130 hours I appear to have done most of the game. If I had the time I would like to go back and start again and play as the male character next time.