Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Gadgets and Gizmos > Home Entertainment Hardware forum

Notices

Old 06-07-2017, 16:07   #1
vaderag
Gamertag: VaderAG

Wow. Best customer service of the century goes to...

...Logitech!

Had a Harmony One remote for 5 or 6 years and randomly the screen just broke in the dock overnight (no cracks or anything, just worn out i guess)

Well out of warranty, but everything but the screen was working, so figured I'd just reach out to their customer services to see if they offer a repair service or something to save me buying a whole new remote.

Anyway, they asked me to send a couple of pics, so I did, wondering where they were going with this, and then they offered to replace it with a Harmony 950 (since they don't sell the One any more)

I'm just amazed. Just had the dispatch notice, with a UPS delivery on Monday.

I honestly wonder if the rep messed up and then just decided to go along with it (given there was no warranty), but certainly not going to complain.

Big up Logitech!
cedge (21-07-2017), doogie (22-07-2017), driver8 (06-07-2017)
Old 06-07-2017, 16:32   #2
Arthur Fowler
Trusted User

I've had Logitech stuff for years and hoped something similar would happen when my remote stopped working a few years back but they didn't do anything like that unfortunately. I'm pretty sure they replaced a worn out joystick many years ago though. Nice one that they sorted you out. Perhaps they replace occasional ones in the hope that someone puts about it online.
Arthur Fowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 16:34   #3
jockosjungle
formerly rbullivant

Thanked 1,186 Times in 837 Posts
Maybe it's a known fault?

I've had better than expected customer service of late, fitbit, amazon, etc. Just enquired that something was broken and if it could be repaired, send replacements well out of warranty
jockosjungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 16:49   #4
vaderag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Fowler View Post
I've had Logitech stuff for years and hoped something similar would happen when my remote stopped working a few years back but they didn't do anything like that unfortunately. I'm pretty sure they replaced a worn out joystick many years ago though. Nice one that they sorted you out. Perhaps they replace occasional ones in the hope that someone puts about it online.
Mission accomplished then I guess!!

Was astonished tho pretty happy. Now to find a hub at a good price...

Always had great service from Amazon before, but this is a new best!
Old 07-07-2017, 23:04   #5
Shingster
Trusted User

I've been exclusively with Logitech for keyboard/mice for over a decade now and their warranties are 2nd to none imo. They've always replaced like-for-like when issues occur and they even replace my keyboards when the lettering wears away on them (obviously I don't call them up on this for just one or two worn away letters, more when most of the keyboard is blank).

Now, if they could only put the same effort into their ****** software that they do in their customer service...
Shingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 06:25   #6
vaderag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingster View Post
I've been exclusively with Logitech for keyboard/mice for over a decade now and their warranties are 2nd to none imo. They've always replaced like-for-like when issues occur and they even replace my keyboards when the lettering wears away on them (obviously I don't call them up on this for just one or two worn away letters, more when most of the keyboard is blank).

Now, if they could only put the same effort into their ****** software that they do in their customer service...
Yeah, their software leads something to be desired.
I have keyboard mouse and speakers from them, overall pretty happy, but never contacted them when things have died... Might try in future!

Their speakers are a bit of a con tho - I bought some for a project which required me removing the speaker grilles, and to my shock the 'tweeters' were nothing more than imitation! Literally a con
Old 21-07-2017, 15:21   #7
doogie
PSN doogstar

Thank you so much for highlighting this! (And to Logitech for smashing it customer services wise!)

I got in touch with them shortly after this post, about getting my 8 year old Harmony One repaired for a couple of issues and have just had it swapped out for free with a 950.

Absolutely delighted!
doogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked once by:
vaderag (21-07-2017)
Old 21-07-2017, 19:59   #8
vaderag

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogie View Post
Thank you so much for highlighting this! (And to Logitech for smashing it customer services wise!)

I got in touch with them shortly after this post, about getting my 8 year old Harmony One repaired for a couple of issues and have just had it swapped out for free with a 950.

Absolutely delighted!
You're welcome! Glad it's not just me!
Old 22-07-2017, 12:29   #9
shteve
[o]EvilTwinkle

Yeah they are pretty good. When my 525 screen stuck on, they sent out a replacement and didn't ask for the old one back. When my 885 (which I'd bought cheap as it was end of line) stopped charging, they replaced that with a One. Both times they were well out of warranty.
Old 07-08-2017, 13:16   #10
eye__writ
Trusted User

I bought a new Harmony 2 years ago when a couple of the device select buttons stopped working.

Now that replacement is starting to do much the same thing, so I'll get in touch with Logitech now that I know they're receptive to problems.

Old 08-12-2017, 15:40   #11
jockosjungle
formerly rbullivant

M&S Wine, Parcel Force left 18 bottles of Rioja on my doorstep in a storm, soaked, had to unload the wine in the rain as the boxes split. Complained expected a £5 voucher, I'm getting 18 more bottles sent and keep the others and have a drink on us
Thanked 3 times by:
driver8 (09-12-2017), vaderag (08-12-2017), Wooglie (08-12-2017)
Old 08-12-2017, 15:55   #12
vaderag

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbullivant View Post
M&S Wine, Parcel Force left 18 bottles of Rioja on my doorstep in a storm, soaked, had to unload the wine in the rain as the boxes split. Complained expected a £5 voucher, I'm getting 18 more bottles sent and keep the others and have a drink on us
Nice. On the other end of the spectrum I waited in for a scheduled delivery from ebay yesterday which never showed and on contacting the seller was told "we can't guarantee delivery at this time of year"... yeah right...
Old 10-12-2017, 21:29   #13
dharle
Trusted User

I bought an Amazon Fire Stick from Argos but my wife accidentally stood on the remote control and it stopped working. Typically, it was out of warranty. I emailed Amazon and they sent me a new remote control (the higher end model with voice control) even though I bought it from Argos (and without providing any proof!).
dharle is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked once by:
driver8 (11-12-2017)
Old 11-12-2017, 08:39   #14
jockosjungle
formerly rbullivant

They've done that to me as well, my FireTV was playing up, they sent me a refurb.

I often recommend a sort of "i know it's out of warranty, but I love it and can they be fixed for a cost?" sort of request, they'll often just send something out.

I'm a good amazon customer, not sure if that helps or not, but they've always gone the extra mile for me. Taken me at my word, etc. when I say something hasn't turned up even though they claim it had, etc.
Old 13-12-2017, 08:25   #15
Roy
XBL Tag: Coldbobtee

You've inspired me to contact Logitech about my failing MX Laser 1000 mouse How long did they take to come back to you?

Roy@Flickr
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2017, 08:26   #16
vaderag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post
You've inspired me to contact Logitech about my failing MX Laser 1000 mouse How long did they take to come back to you?
Day or two max

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
Old 13-12-2017, 08:33   #17
jockosjungle
formerly rbullivant

I've also noticed the budget supermarkets are starting to go the extra mile with pleasantness, always friendly and wishing you a nice day, etc.

Makes a change from Tesco, who seem to do their best to employ unfriendly people, got told off for using a free Coke coupon on the self service tills, even though no other tills were open.
Old 13-12-2017, 09:33   #18
Q
Yee Ol Forum Pirate Ahhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbullivant View Post
I've also noticed the budget supermarkets are starting to go the extra mile with pleasantness, always friendly and wishing you a nice day, etc.

Makes a change from Tesco, who seem to do their best to employ unfriendly people, got told off for using a free Coke coupon on the self service tills, even though no other tills were open.
What did you say? Well open a Till then..
Q is offline   Reply With Quote