Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Shopping and Money Forums > Suppliers and Shopping Forum

Notices

Old 04-11-2014, 12:52   #781
Spooky_uk
XBL/PSN : SPOOKYVILLE

Had a few times of incorrectly charged via royal mail and it s a straightforward procedure to get the money back, albeit very slow.

Had an invoice pushed through letterbox at the weekend from UPS (first ever delivery have had from amazon.com via UPS) and after some digging its for a parcel they delivered (and did not charge up front or withheld item until paid)

But because they did not follow procedure and I have only been notified of the charge over 3 weeks after the event the box has already been recycled (and gone) so cannot retrieve the labels required from the package to send to the Border Force with the form that you have to complete.
I am arguing the toss with UPS as any true yorkshireman would!

Anyone got a link to the claim form btw? (Can't remote into my home PC from work due to my virgin connection being down again where have got one stored)
Spooky_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 09:14   #782
SimonI
Rude Mechanical

Exchange rates page seems to have changed:

Current page
Old 25-02-2016, 13:18   #783
Spooky_uk
XBL/PSN : SPOOKYVILLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebiroth View Post
Isn't it more the case that Amazon ****** up? Customs have charge or not based on what the Customs CN22 declaration says.

It's not their fault - or yours - if Amazon aren't putting the correct amounts on the value declaration.
Super late response, lol. No in all cases (usually blurays) with Amazon, the correct info was on the package (goods value and postage cost separate with a total figure at the bottom). Its whoever checks at customs that take the combined figure as the value of goods which is wrong. That said I have had a fair few that were over the limit and went through without being caught.
Spooky_uk is offline   Reply With Quote