Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Gadgets and Gizmos > Computing Forum

Notices

Old 06-12-2018, 04:29   #21
Shingster
Trusted User

I've had to put this off for a few days to concentrate on other ****, but I installed the Ocado App today since the system reset and this app now runs silky smooth! In fact, using this app and then switching back to chrome really shows up how badly chrome scrolls! Gonna try and find time to phone up currys tomorrow.

I really don't think I will get a replacement tbh, I think they will want to look at it and when they do they will say it is fine in their eyes, this is always how **** like this plays out in my experience.
Shingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 00:06   #22
Shingster
Trusted User

Well, I would actually have to get in touch with Currys to get this issue sorted, but apparently we live in a world where a major retailer can make it next to impossible to actually contact them, and people and consumer watchdogs are seemingly perfectly alright with that!

I phone then up, go through about five ******* tiers of "pick option 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8" until I am finally at "press 3 if you want to discuss a fault with a Samsung tablet or phone" only for the ***** to feed me an automated statement that I should "contact Samsung for any issue with your product" and hang up on me! The motherfudgers didn't even give me Samsung's customer support phone number!

So then I sent an email to their customer support address, two days later I get this email back:

Quote:
Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:
customer.services@currys.co.uk
Your message wasn't delivered. Despite repeated attempts to deliver your message, the recipient's email system refused to accept a connection from your email system.
Contact the recipient by some other means (by phone, for example) and ask them to tell their email admin that it appears that their email system is refusing connections from your email server. Give them the error details shown below It's likely that the recipient's email admin is the only one who can fix this problem.
For Email Admins
No connection could be made because the target computer actively refused it. This usually results from trying to connect to a service that is inactive on the remote host - that is, one with no server application running. For more information and tips to fix this issue see this article: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=389361
Old 10-12-2018, 00:18   #23
The Bear
Old-gold and black member

Thanked 1,467 Times in 447 Posts
Request a refund through your card company. That'll get their attention.
The Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:42   #24
Chris Locke
Making a 1% improvement

Thanked 1,509 Times in 475 Posts
Your contract is with the retailer, not the manufacturer. Just go to the store where you purchased it. Its faulty. If you had simply changed your mind and wanted your money back, the store can make you jump through hoops. Not for faulty goods though.
Chris Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2018, 04:23   #25
Shingster
Trusted User

Well I eventually got in touch with them (bloody christmas, insanely busy this week) and although it took quite a bit of time to get through to them on the phone and sort it, they were pretty good about accepting it for replacement sight unseen, etc, and now I've just got to package it up and post it back and when they get it, a new one will posted to me. I might be lucky and get it in time for xmas, but I won't be holding my breath!