Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Television Discussion

Notices

Old 21-06-2019, 22:40   #361
LeftHandedGuitarist
I liek Star Trek

Lots of updates from Alex Kurtzman on the new projects:
https://trekmovie.com/2019/06/18/ale...-tv-franchise/

Writing Discovery season 3
Quote:
We are on episode five of Season 3 of Discovery. We’re far along.
Short Treks
Quote:
We’re doing six more of them. Two of them are animated, and the two that we’re doing that are animated are unlike our two animated shows. What I love about the Short Treks is that to me they are an experimental training ground, and a place to experiment with different things. Directors who we’ve never worked with before, tones we’ve never tried before.

Michael Giacchino is doing one of the animated shorts and Olatunde Osunsanmi is doing another one in the animated shorts and he’s our main director on Discovery. And again, different animation styles, totally different tones. Aimed at kids, I would say, more than adults, those two.
Section 31 show
Quote:
Erika [Lippoldt] and Boey [Kim], who are two of our writers on Discovery, are breaking story on it right now, and the plan is to shoot that the second we’re done with [Discovery] Season 3.
Bringing back Captain Pike
Quote:
the the idea of bringing Ethan [Peck] back, and Anson [Mount] and Rebecca [Romijn] and the Enterprise, I mean, we loved it so much, that to find a way to do that is definitely something we’re thinking about a lot.
Lower Decks
Quote:
Both of these [upcoming animated] shows are a love letter to Star Trek. They’re targeted at very different groups. Mike’s show is really for kids, I would say, from 11 to 70. [Laughs]

What I love so much about the way Mike is doing is planning things. What would typically be the “A” story on any Star Trek episode is happening in the background — like huge, crazy, crazy **** is going on in the background and that’s super peripheral to the story that you’re actually focusing on. No show has ever really done that before.
Nickelodeon show
Quote:
I won’t announce the name of the Nickelodeon show, but that’s a really different show [from Lower Decks].

That’s a show that’s for kids, younger. Full CG animation. It’s going to be incredibly cinematic. We just started seeing [story]boards this week. It looks like, wow. It’s on par with Love, Death, and Robots in terms of beauty and lighting and cinema, so it’s a a really different feel, and Nickelodeon has been wildly supportive and I think very excited to bring a new energy to TV, you know, in animation.
So much Trek to look forward to! And it sounds like it's going to be super varied.

Last edited by LeftHandedGuitarist; 21-06-2019 at 22:58.
LeftHandedGuitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2019, 09:57   #362
zantarous
Xbox Live tag: wargame

I know you're link is a few days old but has Kurtzmam been fired?

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/...-are-horrible/

Edit:

All rumour at this point so take it with a pinch of salt.

Last edited by zantarous; 24-06-2019 at 09:59.
zantarous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2019, 11:08   #363
Spaceranger2001
Trusted User

I hope its not rumour cos AK track record is pants.

No word on Section 31 series starting production
Discovery season 3 only 3 episodes written so far, crickey what are they up to it shouldn't take so long to write an episode burnham cries, burnham saves the day, everyone loves burnham. It practically writes itself.

Picard not testing well. the ones that like it most are the JJ era fans.

Look at what happened to the dark universe, all those plans and only one movie in AK's movie the whole thing goes to pot.
Spaceranger2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2019, 16:01   #364
fivebyfive
Leave means lies

Its weird AK keeps getting jobs, the guy is terrible and everything he touches, turns to crap
Old 24-06-2019, 16:14   #365
LeftHandedGuitarist
I liek Star Trek

No, he hasn't been fired. The reports on it are from a segment of the fandom determined to ruin Discovery for anyone else by making things up. They have a history of doing it. It's hilarious that those reports refer to test screening of the Picard show, which has only just begun filming recently so I'm not sure what "footage" they are watching.

Also, it's now been confirmed that Spock and Number One will be returning for a Short Trek... hopefully Pike will too!

Last edited by LeftHandedGuitarist; 24-06-2019 at 16:23.
LeftHandedGuitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2019, 17:26   #366
Spaceranger2001
Trusted User

Those short treks where just a quick cash grab to get more money out of Netflix which failed and they got them for nothing.

If they want to make a Pike show make it, they teased the potential with season 2 no need for more teasing with a 15 minute short.

If you like Discovery great, but its not the Star Trek that the majority of fans love. Picard is going the same way WHY make a series about a character that the real fans love to bits but do it in a way to appeal to a smaller number of new fans. Granted us old sods are dying off but there are plenty more us than them.

There is definitely something wrong - when not a game or a toy has been released for discovery and its been running for 2 years.

To make Picard in the Discovery JJ era and not a continuation on TNG just shows how pig headed they are about it. The licencees don't want it either so why are they bothering.
Spaceranger2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2019, 16:21   #367
fivebyfive
Leave means lies

I LIKE SCIENCE RLM reviews are always good

Old 29-06-2019, 07:06   #368
eye__writ
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivebyfive View Post
I LIKE SCIENCE RLM reviews are always good

I get that they're meant to be hardcore geeks, but what's with the giggling weasel? Almost as difficult to watch as Discovery Season 2.
Old 29-06-2019, 08:18   #369
fivebyfive
Leave means lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye__writ View Post
I get that they're meant to be hardcore geeks, but what's with the giggling weasel? Almost as difficult to watch as Discovery Season 2.
Rich is a giggling weasel, not a fan of his but Mike and Jay are what make RLM. Most of the RLM review videos (half in the bag) don't have him in
Old 29-06-2019, 11:16   #370
WeaselFierce
I am NOT an animal!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye__writ View Post
Whaaaat!? Rich's laugh is the sound of pure joy!

You sound like my wife, always complaining if she hears the laugh of the "mosquito man".

Xbox Live Tag - "Weaselfierce360"
PSN - "Weaselfierce72"
Wii-U - "Weaselfierce-U"
STEAM ID - "WeaselFierce"
WeaselFierce is offline   Reply With Quote