Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Sports Forum

Notices

Old 01-12-2018, 19:34   #4321
MICON
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxNutter View Post
Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Thanks, I was on Firefox, I changed to Edge & found it????
MICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 19:36   #4322
MaxNutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICON View Post
Thanks, I was on Firefox, I changed to Edge & found it????
Weird, it's never usually better with Edge

Old 01-12-2018, 19:39   #4323
GalaxyBlue
Trusted User

Quote:
The link doesn't work for me. I get "Talk Talk, Sorry, the website https cannot be found.".
Whats it got to do with talk talk?
It's because it is missing a : after https.

It shows as

https//www.goal.com/en/news/we-dont-give-a-st-about-your-titles-jose-dugarry-claims-mourinho-/rs06tfgjpsce1xe6y5l6odhe5

but should be

https://www.goal.com/en/news/we-dont...e1xe6y5l6odhe5
GalaxyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 19:42   #4324
MaxNutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyBlue View Post
It's because it is missing a : after https.

It shows as

https//www.goal.com/en/news/we-dont-give-a-st-about-your-titles-jose-dugarry-claims-mourinho-/rs06tfgjpsce1xe6y5l6odhe5

but should be

https://www.goal.com/en/news/we-dont...e1xe6y5l6odhe5
Odd. I get an extra "http://" at the start:
"http://https://www.goal.com/en/news/we-dont-give-a-st-about-your-titles-jose-dugarry-claims-mourinho-/rs06tfgjpsce1xe6y5l6odhe5"

Old 01-12-2018, 21:55   #4325
jpig
Trusted User

Rewriting the entire Fergie regime as free-flowing attacking football is not honest, though. The thing that Fergie DID have is players who would die for him, or die to spite him. Mourinho can't get either reaction out of the team, he just gets a shrug of the shoulders.

Last edited by jpig; 01-12-2018 at 22:23.
jpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 21:59   #4326
MaxNutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpig View Post
Rewriting the entire Fergie regime as free-slowing attacking football is not honest, though. The thing that Fergie DID have is players who would die for him, or die to spite him. Mourinho can't get either reaction out of the team, he just gets a shrug of the shoulders.
I agree. To lay 100% of the blame on José is pathetic, some of the players are as much to blame.

It's probably fair to say that Mourinho's management style is outdated, but players like Pogba are proving that Fergie was right about him all along.

Old 01-12-2018, 23:03   #4327
HenryKrinkle
Clean, like my conscience

Quote:
I agree. To lay 100% of the blame on José is pathetic, some of the players are as much to blame.

It's probably fair to say that Mourinho's management style is outdated, but players like Pogba are proving that Fergie was right about him all along.

Oh, I agree, some of these players are a disgrace. Thing is, Mourinho is not the man to fix it, he didn't get the okay for his transfer targets so the board aren't fully behind him...the only way things will change...and they surely have to change...is to give him the boot (...and hopefully the new guy will get rid of at least 60% of this utter shower)! We need a change, we can't keep going on this way, we are becoming a mid-table team at best!

...I personally can't stand him, he takes the joy out of the beautiful game, he's a miserable, miserable ****!
Old 01-12-2018, 23:08   #4328
MICON
Trusted User

Quote:

I like Mourinho & in spite of that, kept saying to myself he must go, but then I watch the players missing chances, not passing to a teammate in a better position, stupid tackles giving silly freekicks away & I think that's not Jose. He may be the manager, he may tell them how to play, but once on the pitch they take a lazy stupid attitude. One (manager) or the other (players) or both have to go though. We need radical change.
MICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 23:09   #4329
MaxNutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryKrinkle View Post
Oh, I agree, some of these players are a disgrace. Thing is, Mourinho is not the man to fix it, he didn't get the okay for his transfer targets so the board aren't fully behind him...the only way things will change...and they surely have to change...is to give him the boot (...and hopefully the new guy will get rid of at least 60% of this utter shower)! We need a change, we can't keep going on this way, we are becoming a mid-table team at best!

...I personally can't stand him, he takes the joy out of the beautiful game, he's a miserable, miserable ****!
True. We need massive changes. We haven't played football worth a damn since Fergie and Gill left.

I don't know about "the wasted years", these are "the Woodward years". This is his legacy.

Old 01-12-2018, 23:10   #4330
MaxNutter

Quote:
I like Mourinho & in spite of that, kept saying to myself he must go, but then I watch the players missing chances, not passing to a teammate in a better position, stupid tackles giving silly freekicks away & I think that's not Jose. He may be the manager, he may tell them how to play, but once on the pitch they take a lazy stupid attitude. One (manager) or the other (players) or both have to go though. We need radical change.
Totally agree. I like José too, maybe it was just the wrong time for him.

Old 02-12-2018, 13:14   #4331
jpig
Trusted User

Another one here that likes Jose, but I think he's been shafted by the board and the players in equal measure: there are too many egos in the team and he doesn't have the clout to kick them out because the rest of the squad is so bang-average.

I'd happily lose Pogba and Sanchez and maybe even Martial in January if it meant we could get some players in who actually wanted to be there for more than the (ridiculous) salary.
Old 03-12-2018, 11:42   #4332
jpig
Trusted User

Hughes gets sacked for only managing a draw against us. Meanwhile, no change at Old Trafford as we celebrate our 'good point away from home'.
Old 03-12-2018, 11:48   #4333
jockosjungle
formerly rbullivant

Thanked 1,212 Times in 857 Posts
Quote:
Hughes gets sacked for only managing a draw against us. Meanwhile, no change at Old Trafford as we celebrate our 'good point away from home'.
Feel a bit sorry for him, he seems a decent manager, and to be honest, leading them to a narrow "avoid relegation" season, seems to be about where they're aiming.

I also feel sorry for Mark Hughes

jockosjungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 13:07   #4334
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

Quote:
LOL.

Mind you it could be worse. According to some stories over the weekend you are prepared to pay £70M for Jordan Pickford
AdamBrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 13:08   #4335
MaxNutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBrunt View Post
LOL.

Mind you it could be worse. According to some stories over the weekend you are prepared to pay £70M for Jordan Pickford
One **** up and he's **** now?

Old 03-12-2018, 13:24   #4336
jockosjungle
formerly rbullivant

No but £70m? He saved a few shots in the world cup and is a decent keeper, but are we talking £30m or so above the last record for a keeper? Set in the summer? Sorry not sure on my facts there.

You do seem quite happy to pay massive fees and wages, which seems to be part of the problem. Do you really want players whose only reason for being there is you were prepared to massively outbid what anyone else was prepared to pay?
Old 03-12-2018, 13:34   #4337
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

Quote:
One **** up and he's **** now?

Oh no.

He has been overrated for a while IMHO and not just because he plays for the Blue noses.

If there was any player who epitomised the 'add £30M because he is English' it is him. There is no way he is anywhere near the level of, say, Ederson DdG, Oblak or Alison as a £70M price tag would suggest.
AdamBrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 13:41   #4338
jockosjungle
formerly rbullivant

I suppose its a sellers market, January window, being English and tbh there really aren't that many decent keepers about who would be for sale.

No disrespect to Everton (although probably hard not to take at least a little), he's probably one of the best available keepers who is playing for a team unlikely to challenge for anything soon. Who'd see United as a step up from where he is playing now.
Old 03-12-2018, 13:43   #4339
MaxNutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBrunt View Post
Oh no.

He has been overrated for a while IMHO and not just because he plays for the Blue noses.

If there was any player who epitomised the 'add £30M because he is English' it is him. There is no way he is anywhere near the level of, say, Ederson DdG, Oblak or Alison as a £70M price tag would suggest.
I think it's just as much to do with his World Cup performances where he outshone DDG and Alisson.

I'm not convinced by Alisson as yet. He's a decent keeper, but not up there with some of those others you mention, I mean, you guys put 7 past him last season!

Old 05-12-2018, 20:30   #4340
HenryKrinkle
Clean, like my conscience

Awful goal to give away