Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Sports Forum

Notices

Old 30-12-2017, 19:49   #3141
MICON
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxNutter View Post
Quotes from who?
Where do you think. Every one of those was 100% right. That was just the tip of a very big iceberg. And don't try to change the subject, just apologise for all the stupid things & sarcasm you said about me. The **** has finally hit the fan, to just about every Man U fan now.
MICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2017, 19:52   #3142
MaxNutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICON View Post
Where do you think. Every one of those was 100% right. That was just the tip of a very big iceberg. And don't try to change the subject, just apologise for all the stupid things & sarcasm you said about me. The **** has finally hit the fan, to just about every Man U fan now.
I'm going to guess on Red Cafe?

Nuff said.

I'll apologise at the end of the season if we are worse off than last year.

I bet you wanted Fergie out in 89/90.
Old 30-12-2017, 19:57   #3143
MaxNutter

An excellent article here that I think is close to the truth:
http://www.espn.co.uk/football/club/...nsfer-strategy
Old 30-12-2017, 20:42   #3144
jpig
Trusted User

Quote:
An excellent article here that I think is close to the truth:
http://www.espn.co.uk/football/club/...nsfer-strategy
Not one bit of that article explains why we are humping the ball up to a non-existant front-line in the last ten minutes of every match this year. There is a grain of truth in the rubbish transfer policy bit, but it also totally overlooks the churn that City have had in finally settling on a successful combination of players. Plenty of dodgy signings they've made that are currently forgotten about.

The football we are playing is awful. We look shot of confidence, nobody likes being on the ball, Matic started so well and has gone backwards this season, Pogba - whilst I'm not down on him like others on here - he does tend to jog around the pitch slightly behind the action. I'd love to see the stats today about his positioning: far too often he and Matic were practically standing on top of each other.

We've got Valencia, Young, Martial, Rashford. Where is the pace? Where is the width? You can blame missed signings and poor transfer policy, you can blame LVG and Moyes. You can blame anyone or anything you want. But the 11 on that pitch are much much better than what we're seeing at the moment yet I don't see anybody that wants to grab this team by the throat and shake them into life.
jpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2017, 04:30   #3145
MaxNutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpig View Post
Not one bit of that article explains why we are humping the ball up to a non-existant front-line in the last ten minutes of every match this year. There is a grain of truth in the rubbish transfer policy bit, but it also totally overlooks the churn that City have had in finally settling on a successful combination of players. Plenty of dodgy signings they've made that are currently forgotten about.

The football we are playing is awful. We look shot of confidence, nobody likes being on the ball, Matic started so well and has gone backwards this season, Pogba - whilst I'm not down on him like others on here - he does tend to jog around the pitch slightly behind the action. I'd love to see the stats today about his positioning: far too often he and Matic were practically standing on top of each other.

We've got Valencia, Young, Martial, Rashford. Where is the pace? Where is the width? You can blame missed signings and poor transfer policy, you can blame LVG and Moyes. You can blame anyone or anything you want. But the 11 on that pitch are much much better than what we're seeing at the moment yet I don't see anybody that wants to grab this team by the throat and shake them into life.
I agree. It's disappointing. While we clearly better this season than at any point since Fergie retired, we are not in a good place.

Do I believe this requires significant change in the hierarchy? Not until the end of the season, if at all. Changes have to be made within the players themselves. If we'd started badly but worked our way up to 3rd it'd be different, but it's difficult to stomach the recent malaise.

I also don't buy the theories that we should be better because we've spent loads of money, or because we're Manchester United. It simply doesn't work like that, it might do in other countries, but not in the Premier league. You have to earn it on the pitch.
Old 31-12-2017, 12:10   #3146
Bravoman
Trusted User

Is it the manager? On MOTD they were saying he looked and sounded tired and fed up, would that attitude be affecting the squad?

He always has a defensive side to his style at Chelsea...the old Sooner win 1-0 rather than draw or risk losing, maybe this current bunch of players don’t buy into that style of play.
Bravoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2017, 13:44   #3147
MICON
Trusted User

Quote:
I agree. It's disappointing. While we clearly better this season than at any point since Fergie retired, we are not in a good place.

Do I believe this requires significant change in the hierarchy? Not until the end of the season, if at all. Changes have to be made within the players themselves. If we'd started badly but worked our way up to 3rd it'd be different, but it's difficult to stomach the recent malaise.

I also don't buy the theories that we should be better because we've spent loads of money, or because we're Manchester United. It simply doesn't work like that, it might do in other countries, but not in the Premier league. You have to earn it on the pitch.
You clearly don't watch the matches. Many, many people agree that we are no better than under Moyes now. As for spent loads of money. Position one & two in the premiership at this moment seem to do it, so it clearly does work like that.
Old 01-01-2018, 15:59   #3148
HenryKrinkle
Clean, like my conscience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravoman View Post
Is it the manager? On MOTD they were saying he looked and sounded tired and fed up, would that attitude be affecting the squad?
Yes, I believe it is the manager. He doesn't seem to instill confidence in the fans or the players, he's mega grumpy and seems to think the answer is to try and match City's obscene spending (...we're probably not far off anyway)! A top, top manager could get the best out of this squad and make the tough decisions necessary...is he a top manager? ...not any more IMHO

We need him gone, but it won't happen any time soon unfortunately...and then will begin the merry-go-round of managers coming and going until we find one that fits...one without a massive ego who can accept that Manchester United are the most important thing to all concerned!
Old 01-01-2018, 16:25   #3149
madstu
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryKrinkle View Post
Yes, I believe it is the manager. He doesn't seem to instill confidence in the fans or the players, he's mega grumpy and seems to think the answer is to try and match City's obscene spending (...we're probably not far off anyway)! A top, top manager could get the best out of this squad and make the tough decisions necessary...is he a top manager? ...not any more IMHO

We need him gone, but it won't happen any time soon unfortunately...and then will begin the merry-go-round of managers coming and going until we find one that fits...one without a massive ego who can accept that Manchester United are the most important thing to all concerned!

So the big question is who do you think we should get to manage Utd?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2018, 16:43   #3150
HenryKrinkle

Carlo Ancelotti appears to be available...although he's tipped to replace Conte at Chelsea it may be worth an enquiry?!
Old 01-01-2018, 16:43   #3151
MaxNutter

Luis Enrique
Old 01-01-2018, 16:57   #3152
HenryKrinkle

Ancelotti has premiership experience, big advantage in my book...also he seems highly respected as a top coach.
Old 01-01-2018, 18:45   #3153
MICON
Trusted User

At last a goal. 0-1 to United
Old 01-01-2018, 18:47   #3154
jpig
Trusted User

Lovely. Just like the old days. Nice to see Rooney involved in the goal too.
Old 01-01-2018, 18:49   #3155
MaxNutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryKrinkle View Post
Ancelotti has premiership experience, big advantage in my book...also he seems highly respected as a top coach.
Ancelotti has ballsed up at Bayern.

I always wanted Lippi to succeed Fergie, but too late now
Old 01-01-2018, 18:56   #3156
jpig
Trusted User

I much prefer this high-pressing, aggressive Man Utd we're seeing tonight.
Is it because Everton are weaker at the back, or is it because we're not lumping it to the big man? Whatever it is, it's better than anything I've seen in December.

Last edited by jpig; 01-01-2018 at 18:57.
Old 01-01-2018, 19:04   #3157
MICON
Trusted User

No lumberjack lukaku
Old 01-01-2018, 19:08   #3158
MICON
Trusted User

0_2
Old 01-01-2018, 19:46   #3159
MaxNutter

So is it still all doom and gloom on red café?
Old 01-01-2018, 19:58   #3160
jockosjungle
formerly rbullivant

Thanked 1,213 Times in 858 Posts
Well City would have won 3-0 so yes
jockosjungle is offline   Reply With Quote