Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Gadgets and Gizmos > Home Entertainment Hardware forum > Home Media Streaming Forum

Notices

Old 21-08-2013, 08:01   #1
BigH
Trusted User

media player with built in Dropbox?

my sister lives in Africa, so from time to time, I dropbox to her files, which she then downloads to her pc, transfers to a memory stick, which she then plugs into her WDTV, and off she goes.

But her pc has died, and she's not replacing it - instead she's got an iPad

I reliase she can download from dropbox into the ipad, and then could buy an Apple TV to play the media (not much storage on the iPad - would rather download to memory stick)

But was wondering if there was another option out there which would make the whole process a lot simpler/automatic.

Getting a Revo-type pc to connect to TV not really financially viable - was hoping there was a gadget which she could just plug into HDMI, connect to network via wifi, and download/play media files on the tv

had a look around and can't really see that anything like that exists (apart from some commercial/expensive gadget)

I was thinking that perhaps an Ouya, with dropbox/dropsync installed might do the trick?

anyone got any ideas?

Thanks
Old 01-09-2013, 18:51   #2
Mr Flibble
Trusted User

media player with built in Dropbox?

If she has a smart tv, you can get imediashare for ipad/iPhone that will stream video and photo to your tv - if she's just got a normal tv then maybe a hdmi lead for the ipad might be the easiest way
Mr Flibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 17:55   #3
BigH
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Flibble View Post
If she has a smart tv, you can get imediashare for ipad/iPhone that will stream video and photo to your tv - if she's just got a normal tv then maybe a hdmi lead for the ipad might be the easiest way
thanks - I guess lead + ipad to tv would be only feasible option

anyone with the technical knowhow fancy starting a Kickstarter project to create cheap media player with Dropbox on? Surely there would be market for it?