Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > DVD and Blu-ray Discussion > Home Cinema @ The Digital Fix Comments

Notices

Old 14-09-2011, 15:34   #1
Guest 10924

[Blu-Ray News] Manhunter (UK BD) in September

Comments attached to the Blu-Ray News 'Manhunter (UK BD) in September' on Movies @ The Digital Fix

Studio Canal have announced the UK Blu-ray Disc release of Manhunter on 26th September 2011. This year is the 25th Anniversary of the original release of Michael Mann's stylish thriller MANHUNTER, the first film adaptation of Thomas Harris's 'Red Dragon', thus also the screen debut of ...

Click here to read!
Guest 10924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2011, 15:34   #2
Guest 74361
Trusted User

I'm gonna be all over this, assuming that the theatrical cut at least gets a proper hi-def transfer. I liked this film, more than I liked Silence of The Lambs.
Guest 74361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2011, 12:26   #3
Guest 67763
Trusted User

I hope that obtrusive red circle is a sticker. The 'Tooth Fairy' doesn't look too pleased it's there!

I like the music in the film, although 'Heartbeat' during the end credits lets the side down!
Guest 67763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2011, 13:10   #4
gZa
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrockettandTubbs View Post
I like the music in the film, although 'Heartbeat' during the end credits lets the side down!
BAN HIM!
Old 18-09-2011, 09:02   #5
Guest 79927
Trusted User

Ah, at last - my favourite film of ALL time comes to BR !

But which 'Theatrical' version will it be ? The cuts vary from release-to-release; I have 3 different DVD versions (plus the rare soundtrack on CD AND cassette !), right down to the Japanese R2 offering (which is unique in having DTS) and they are ALL different cuts, even when declared as being Theatrical/Director's....

If either cut on the BR omits the Atlanta PD Graham vs Investigators discussion or the Graham vs Crawford 'empathy' dialogue/scenes like some of the DVD versions do then, since those passages are so crucial to the overall story, this will still fall short of the ideal !

I live in hope for perfection....
Guest 79927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2011, 09:55   #6
bosque
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpw View Post
If either cut on the BR omits the Atlanta PD Graham vs Investigators discussion or the Graham vs Crawford 'empathy' dialogue/scenes like some of the DVD versions do then, since those passages are so crucial to the overall story, this will still fall short of the ideal !
The empathy dialogue is included on the Manhunter disc of the US Hannibal Trilogy 2009 Blu-Ray set with a region-free disc of the movie. This is being released soon as a standalone US Blu-Ray disc. It would be cool if someone could do an uptodate list of the various cuts available on home video, showing what has been included/discarded on each cut.
bosque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2011, 12:43   #7
Richie
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosque View Post
It would be cool if someone could do an uptodate list of the various cuts available on home video, showing what has been included/discarded on each cut.
There used to be an excellent Manhunter site that had all the details of the (then up-to-date) various dvd cuts http://website.lineone.net/~manhunter/manhunter.html but it no longer exists.
It got relaunched here: http://manhunter1986.com/manhunter.html

Last edited by Richie; 18-09-2011 at 12:47.
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2011, 18:04   #8
Guest 67763
Trusted User

[quote]Originally posted by gZa
Originally posted by CrockettandTubbs: I like the music in the film, although 'Heartbeat' during the end credits lets the side down!BAN HIM!

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. No need to rude, gZa!

D!c!!!
Guest 67763 is offline   Reply With Quote