Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Television Discussion

Notices

Old 16-12-2010, 17:03   #801
sampath
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiohead View Post
I'm not arguing that point!

I'm saying that if a cleaner pitched up to work as a cleaner I couldn't give a toss, just that they cleaned well.
She wasn't applying to be Sugar's cleaner ( ) so that's irrelevant surely.
sampath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 17:07   #802
statto
Jedi Master

The fact that she wasn't doing that (applying for a cleaning job) makes it irrelevant though.

EDIT: Or what sampath said. Darn new pages.

Last edited by statto; 16-12-2010 at 17:08.
statto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 17:19   #803
Radiohead
Vanderlyle Crybaby Geek

That's what you think, I reckon the job is for a cleaner
Old 16-12-2010, 17:35   #804
Guest 61747
Collector Of Cool Stuff.

I found her totally annoying. She was a pain at the start, got a bit of control over herself for a while, and then just started to annoy again.

All part of her plan? Get yourself noticed, act like you've learnt something, then go hell for leather to the end?

The episode where she was continually harping on with Jamie this, Jamie that, wait for me Jamie, what are you going to do Jamie, we need to do something Jamie...to the point where she broke him, and then proceeded to claim to be the victim was just unreal.

I never thought he would win, and he had already started his downward slide...but I feel that that really cemented his one-way-ticket to the back door.

On a different tack, I too wonder who will get that Perroxide Harpy assassin, Melissa? With her non stop verbal diarrhoea and her half witted destructifying of the Englishic languagicationalism. She cannot even speak...and she wanted to run one of Sugar's companies?
Guest 61747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 17:41   #805
mamboboy
Legend

I'm routing for Chris, but don't think he has much chance tbh. I hate the ones who use the underprivileged/no qualification card - if that's the case, and she really did go straight to a 'japanese bank', then her CV must be pretty vague.

Last edited by mamboboy; 16-12-2010 at 17:41.
mamboboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 17:41   #806
home_bas
Trusted User

Interesting to see on the Beeb that a load of them didn't get invited back for the final. And irritating "I am" bint did... Getting a bit X-Factor this series isn't it.

Christ, I'd hope to god I didn't get left with her as my last pick. I'd rather have 1 less in the team.

Last edited by home_bas; 16-12-2010 at 17:42.
home_bas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 17:48   #807
megatron
Trusted User

Who didn't get invited back. Stuey?
megatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 17:57   #808
Alastair
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by megatron View Post
Judging by the 'next time' clip at the end. These people..

SPOILER
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/8...1dec161753.gif

And they look like they're in the 2 teams there.
Alastair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 18:11   #809
home_bas
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by megatron View Post
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/12008388

Baggs, plus:

"Dan Harris, Joy Stefanicki, Laura Moore, Raleigh Addington and Sandeesh Samra don't feature in next week's episode either."
Old 16-12-2010, 18:13   #810
sampath
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastair View Post
Judging by the 'next time' clip at the end. These people..

SPOILER
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/8...1dec161753.gif

And they look like they're in the 2 teams there.
Looks like crazy blondie is in
team then - should be interesting.
sampath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 18:35   #811
RonnyJ
NO TOUCHING!

Was listening to Radio 5 this morning with the firees on - Joanna made me laugh. 'I'm now looking for investors for my business. Oh, also, if anyone has any job offers for me, let me know'.

I'm sure a ton of investors would be interested in such a committed person...

Quote:
Originally Posted by essydyk View Post
It was obvious that Sugar knew that Baggs was fool of **** - but people seem to be missing out on the fact that this IS an Entertainment Show and he was simply keeping him in to do just that entertain, but when crunch time came he had to go and pack his Baggs.
I don't think people are missing that it's an entertainment show, and we know why he was kept in - but it's still not fair play to pretend as if Baggs has been suddenly revealed as a compulsive liar over a bit on a CV (and Baggs was fully licensed for the service he does provide). Particularly the bit about Sugar saying he was annoyed about having gotten rid of Liz the previous week because of it, it just wasn't fair play to do that.

Last edited by RonnyJ; 16-12-2010 at 18:43.
RonnyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 19:19   #812
Guest 35758
Rinky Dink Panther

I lost a lot of respect for Sugar last night the way he rounded on Baggs for what was a minor exarggeration. There were plenty of opportunities to get rid of him in other episodes but, no, he waits until the penultimate one and goes way over the top.

Sugar was clearly annoyed that he himself had chosen Baggs over Liz in the previous round but that's no reason to have fired Baggs in the way he did. He could have easily said "Stuart, you've been entertaining and annoying in equal measure but you're not quite what I'm looking for so I'm gonna have to let you go but good luck for the future". That would have been fair and respectful.

When you think about it - unbelievable as it would have seemed beforehand - Baggs came out of last nights episode with a lot more credit than Sugar!

As for Claud - I'll tell you (and I have a lot of interviews working freelance) - if any interviewer refused to shake hands at the start of an interview I'd ask them what the problem was and/or simply about turn and walk out. Not that any of them do mind you, it was all for effect.

I also thought he was pretty unfair to Jo in that he gave her a lot of stick for not wanting to grow and develop her cleaning business and yet you just know that if she had said she DID want to grow it then he would have said "So what do you want the Apprentice job for then"?

Loved Margaret's comment about Chris having his certificates framed and that a good night in would be admiring them.
Guest 35758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 19:46   #813
Guest 65023
Trusted User

His "You're full of ****" comment to Stuart was cheap, though did make me laugh, even the others seemed shocked.

Looked at the photo for next week's teams, one looks decidedly stronger than the other to me, I forgot about that annoying bloke too, who looks like he could be Stuart's dad.
Guest 65023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 02:08   #814
Guest 329
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psybear View Post
Strange too that Baggs had to ask him his name (unless he was stalling)
That was weird, but that whole scene plays really differently when you realise Bordan didn't know what ISP stood for. I mean, it's been pretty clear that Baggs has watched the show before, he certainly seemed to be a fan. He only questioned the guys name after the whole ISP thing. And when he got the name he knew right away he was CEO of Viglen.

I sort of got the impression that Baggs got confused when the guy he thought was the CEO of a tech company didn't know what an ISP was (again in that context, the stuff about patronising him was hilarious), and wanted to double check.

It's a really odd scene though. Remember, this isn't just Bordan not knowing what an ISP was, this is all the editors and producers also not picking up on it and leaving it in, even though it didn't serve the narrative.
Guest 329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 08:41   #815
Alastair
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
It's a really odd scene though. Remember, this isn't just Bordan not knowing what an ISP was, this is all the editors and producers also not picking up on it and leaving it in, even though it didn't serve the narrative.
Editors and producers wouldnt edit it out just because he got it wrong, its not a factual documentary.
Alastair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 09:34   #816
Guest 1562
Trusted User

Quote:
Editors and producers wouldnt edit it out just because he got it wrong, its not a factual documentary.
But the editing is normally handled to demonstrate that LAS and his friends are always correct, and to drive home a point that, had the show been unedited, would probably have far less effect.

I agree that no-one picked up on this and judging by the amount of ridicule that Bordan is getting across the web it probably would have been pulled if anyone had spotted it.

Charlie
Guest 1562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 09:42   #817
bosque
Trusted User

People seem to have great difficulty even spelling Bordon Tkachuk's name, so maybe he feels slipping up on saying protocol when he should have said provider, is no big deal.
bosque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 10:19   #818
Guest 329
Trusted User

Quote:
No, but you edit the show to support the narrative you're trying to tell. Remember that most tasks are about 8 hours long at least, and there four camera crews. From that 32 hours of footage, they create about 40 minutes of 'task' footage. Obviously it's a bit less with the interviews (though 5 candidates, 4 interviewers, 15 minutes each is five hours, plus the post-interview reactions) but the point remains. You then take what you have and use it to build some sort of narrative. It's actually hugely impressive what these people do on reality TV and often unappreciated.

Point is, you only leave in stuff that supports that narrative, and cut out stuff that might undermine it. Narrative here was 'Baggs is full of ****' so having something that contradicts that being left in was a mistake.

Got to admit to not being able to spell that guy's name though. It's pretty embarrassing as I work for the General Register Office in the production of birth certificates and recently appeared in a BBC documentary where I fired someone for spelling the name wrong on one of them.
Guest 329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 12:32   #819
home_bas
Trusted User

Can't remember the exact context of the conversation - but if the guy had said 'provider' instead of 'protocol', would his point against Baggs still have stood?

If so I'll take the fact that every now and again someone can muck a word up, it's still different to implying you have a stronger licence than you do and taking ages to back down.

If not, and it actually backs up Baggs' argument, then he was hard done by.
Old 17-12-2010, 12:34   #820
Radiohead
Vanderlyle Crybaby Geek

Viglen-boy was claiming technical superiority.

Sadly he failed. Pretty simple stuff.

It was when he mumbled about ISP being a protocol for delivering bandwidth that I killed my cat.