Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Television Discussion

Notices

Old 10-12-2006, 16:52   #1
Hamburger3
Trusted User

Arrow The Apprentice (US) Season 6 - Jan 7th 2007

NBC has promised to deliver "shocking new twists" for the upcoming new season of Donald Trump's Apprentice.

A theme of "haves and have-nots" will run through the LA-based new season, which will start on January 7. Each week, the winning team will live a Trump-like lifestyle in a luxurious mansion; the losing team will camp in the mansion's portaloo-equipped back garden.

The other new twist will result in the winning project manager continuing in that role until they lose; they will also be able to advise Trump on who to fire from the opposing team.

I have to say Im glad as the show is gettng a bit stale and needs to be shaken up. I still love watching it though.

They have the names in the article below.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds40477.html
Hamburger3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 18:17   #2
36Degrees
Njósnavélin

Woa, that really does sound interesting, I suppose it stops people like Kendra from staying back and doing nowt since everyone will want to be PM - or maybe the converse... no one wants to be PM.

Judging on names and occupations alone, here's the potential winners:
Michelle & Nicole

Only because they sound the nicest and seem distinct (i.e. not Attorneys)

Last edited by 36Degrees; 10-12-2006 at 18:20.
36Degrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 15:03   #3
baffled
XBL GT: Sismastery

just a bump for anyone who missed this as it aired last night, will give it a watch later tonight.
baffled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 18:02   #4
36Degrees
Njósnavélin

The introduction is hysterical.

Same old Trump with Mumlania getting a word
=)
Old 08-01-2007, 18:46   #5
Radiohead
Vanderlyle Crybaby Geek

Are we still due S4 and 5 on TV here?
Radiohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 18:51   #6
36Degrees
Njósnavélin

Yes, 3 finished airing.

I suspect Season 4 (US) will come after Apprentice Season 3 has aired in the UK.

It's not a bad beginning episode, a few have stood out, the one I picked randomly when I saw the bios (I didn't go by looks, honest) is doing well, (s)he'll probably do quite well but probably not win.

It's hard to pick a winner at this stage, far far easier to pick losers.

Also the boardroom was excellent.

Last edited by 36Degrees; 08-01-2007 at 19:02.
Old 08-01-2007, 18:56   #7
Radiohead
Vanderlyle Crybaby Geek

Cheers for that.
Radiohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 18:54   #8
KennyVader
Insomniac

Hmmm I didn't notice any decent eccentrics or comedy characters this time, like Lenny/Pepi/Sean/Brent in series 5. They all seemed to be uber-serious "I made 30 million dollars before I was 7/I graduated from Harvard Business School 10 times, with extra sauce", no-doubt successful, but tedious types. Well I suppose the series all start like that. There was slightly fun Martin I guess ... but ...

Like the LA setting, like the tent punishment, especially with all the fitness on display over the hedge ... thought the show seemed a bit long, maybe they will return to normal length next week.
KennyVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2007, 13:43   #9
KennyVader
Insomniac

Anyone watching this?

The lesson this week seemed to be "Donal Trump does not like quitters" judging from the lecture he gave Michelle at the end. What was she thinking? She claimed it was basically because she didn't like sleeping in a tent ... but wow, how many nights have they been sleeping there, 3 or 4? (Even though they screen the episodes a week apart I'm pretty sure they're filmed back to back, not with a week's gap between each filming). And the tent was in a nice secure back garden near LA ... how cold could it be, even if it was winter? Not very. What a wimp.

So far an easy ride for those that were lucky enough to find themselves on the team that won week 1 and week 2. The other team continues to live in the back yard, and have had to do an extra task and lose an extra team member. Hopefully Trump is going to redress the balance a bit next week.

Ivanka looked nice this week!
Old 23-01-2007, 13:54   #10
George vader
"You lied to me first!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyVader
Ivanka looked nice this week!
She looks nice every week, good looking, likes rock, and her dad's a multi millionaire
Old 23-01-2007, 14:18   #11
wocko
Trusted User

She seems to have got a better stylist this year too, the outfits she wore last year didn't do her any favours.

Trump really didn't like her quitting, she didn't even get driven off in the executive car, just walked off down the drive

I don't think they're filmed back to back and even if they were, the tasks tend to involve 3-4 days of action/boardroom/treat etc, so they've probably been outside the best part of two weeks now.
wocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2007, 15:43   #12
36Degrees
Njósnavélin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wocko
She seems to have got a better stylist this year too, the outfits she wore last year didn't do her any favours.

Trump really didn't like her quitting, she didn't even get driven off in the executive car, just walked off down the drive

I don't think they're filmed back to back and even if they were, the tasks tend to involve 3-4 days of action/boardroom/treat etc, so they've probably been outside the best part of two weeks now.
I always thought the "13/14/15/16/17/18/19/20* week job interview process" was filmed back to back over a 4-5 week intensive process (that's what Trump said about Season 1).

*Reduced whenever Trump fires more than 1 person a week, a la Season 4's brilliant "Welcome to your 18 week job interview, welcome to your 15 week job interview, you're on week 8 of your 13 week job interview"

This weeks was annoying, no task for the winners (which means they'll probably lose next week) and the person fired was obvious from the moment they were discussing themes

"I got a brilliant idea, lets do this" "yeah that rocks"

"I got an idea, what about bleh" "hmmm maybe" "well I can't think of anything better, so stand behind your idea as a leader instead of discussing it"**

** Guarantee if she said "We're doing this, that's final" then it would have been "Why didn't she discuss the concept with us? This is a failing concept and it's all her fault if we lose"
Old 23-01-2007, 15:46   #13
Guest 14916
Trusted User

Did Michelle quit then? If I was stuck in the tent I would be saying to the entire team "I'm not spending next week here so we are going to ******* win".

I watched the first episode but none since as I watched S4 and S5 to play catch up.
Guest 14916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2007, 15:59   #14
KennyVader
Insomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smi1er
Did Michelle quit then? If I was stuck in the tent I would be saying to the entire team "I'm not spending next week here so we are going to ******* win".

I watched the first episode but none since as I watched S4 and S5 to play catch up.
She did, but it was 9/10 looking like she would have been fired anyway. Not for doing anything particular, just for the whole team being generally rubbish compared to the others. I think that's why Trump went pretty mental at her, because he saw it not just as wimping out of the series, but also wimping out of taking criticism/punishment. When she was claiming she was quitting because of the tent, he said something like "Yes, and you know you're in trouble anyway". In the middle of the "you'll regret this for the rest of your life" lecture he also said "it would be much better to be fired than to be a quitter" or similar.

He said only one other person had quit, I think I'd rather be known as one of many firees than one of only two quitters in seven series.
Old 23-01-2007, 16:58   #15
Guest 892

Quote:
She did, but it was 9/10 looking like she would have been fired anyway. Not for doing anything particular, just for the whole team being generally rubbish compared to the others. I think that's why Trump went pretty mental at her, because he saw it not just as wimping out of the series, but also wimping out of taking criticism/punishment. When she was claiming she was quitting because of the tent, he said something like "Yes, and you know you're in trouble anyway". In the middle of the "you'll regret this for the rest of your life" lecture he also said "it would be much better to be fired than to be a quitter" or similar.

He said only one other person had quit, I think I'd rather be known as one of many firees than one of only two quitters in seven series.
Not many quiters in Survivor either, took until Season 7 for the first quiter. Probst gave him a very similar lecture to Trump, me thinks it is Burnett who hates the quiter.
Guest 892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 12:46   #16
Guest 14916
Trusted User

Quote:
Who else quit? name/series?
Guest 14916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 14:04   #17
KennyVader
Insomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smi1er
Who else quit? name/series?
Verna Felton early in Series 3, according to Wikipedia
Old 24-01-2007, 16:09   #18
Toge
North London is red

Oh deary deary me. what was carey thinking?
Toge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 21:18   #19
Ono
I LIEK JEON JI-HYUN!!!111

Finally caught up with this and can jow add my comments.

Think Heidi has got this series in the bag already Not convinced by the whole poor/rich thing though as I think it adds nothing to the series.

Anyway, latest episode showed how much Kinetic are like the Borg collective

Last edited by Ono; 04-02-2007 at 21:18.
Ono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 18:31   #20
36Degrees
Njósnavélin

lol at this week's episode. Trump away on business and the phone call from Sean.

and 5th largest economy in the world, liar, it's 8th.