Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Television Discussion

Notices

Old 20-12-2010, 22:06   #1
Richie
Trusted User

Question Lost premium blu-ray box set - was it a limited edition?

A friend wants the Lost premium blu-ray box set but nearly every retailer has "sold out". Just wondering if anyone knows for sure if the "premium" set was indeed a limited run? The regular set which came out earlier is easily available but doesn't have the superb bonus disc or the additional tat.

Last edited by Richie; 20-12-2010 at 22:11.
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2010, 06:14   #2
new
Sand Dab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
A friend wants the Lost premium blu-ray box set but nearly every retailer has "sold out". Just wondering if anyone knows for sure if the "premium" set was indeed a limited run? The regular set which came out earlier is easily available but doesn't have the superb bonus disc or the additional tat.
It was a limited edition.

Im think I read somewhere that the normal set also has the bonus disc, but is just lacking the 'tat'
If this is the case (and not 100% sure here!) then there is not really anything worth while that your friend will miss out on on buying the normal one.

The normal set is also often available every now and then at places like Zavvi for around the £85 mark (even cheaper if you have a 10% code), which makes you wonder if the extra tat (and may be extra disc) is worth paying an extra £60+ for.

Last edited by new; 22-12-2010 at 06:33.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2010, 09:55   #3
Richie
Trusted User

Thanks, new. The regular set deffo doesn't have the bonus disc, just the six seasons. My friend managed to grab one of the last copies at Amazon.co.uk (where it's now gone as well)!
I still think the UK premium set was a better buy than the US set as it has proper cases for the discs (incl. one for the bonus disc). That for me is always more important than fancy but impractical packaging (which seems to be de rigueur these days). I do wish the regular set had included the bonus disc as that would've been a "perfect" set imho.
I think the bonus disc was well worth the extra £. If you're buying the complete set you want it be "complete", right? It has so much good stuff on it. That said I couldn't care less about the Senet game, it's pointless and is just there to remind me of the episode that nearly killed the series at the finish line, "across the sea"!

Last edited by Richie; 22-12-2010 at 10:00.
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote