Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Sports Forum

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-06-2006, 09:23   #21
balstino
Toothpick & Two Berettas
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Surrey, UK
Posts: 1,862
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDwarf
Absolutley gutted that we've signed Bellamy.
Dito.

Really looking forward to Speedy putting on the Red Shirt. He loves it, can't wait for him to get on the pitch and start dribbling Mcmanaman stylie!!!
__________________
L I V... E R P... Double O L... LIVERPOOL FC
balstino is offline  
Old 23-06-2006, 10:16   #22
AdamBrunt
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: UK
Posts: 25,773
Thanks: 151
Thanked 305 Times in 212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by balstino
Dito.
I hope you're going to continue this stance all the time he is banging the goals in ... and don't suddenly change your tune to "what a great player he is", etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by balstino
Really looking forward to Speedy putting on the Red Shirt. He loves it, can't wait for him to get on the pitch and start dribbling Mcmanaman stylie!!!
And, yet, you then go on to praise the little **** knowingly/deliberately denied the club, he allegedly loved so much, £12/13M of transfer funds.
AdamBrunt is offline  
Old 23-06-2006, 10:30   #23
balstino
Toothpick & Two Berettas
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Surrey, UK
Posts: 1,862
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBrunt
I hope you're going to continue this stance all the time he is banging the goals in ... and don't suddenly change your tune to "what a great player he is", etc .
No chance, will always dispise him. Hope Fowler shows him up.

Quote:
And, yet, you then go on to praise the little **** knowingly/deliberately denied the club, he allegedly loved so much, £12/13M of transfer funds.

Mcmanaman had done a great service to our club and didn't owe LFC anything. I was happy to see him go and have some fun at Real Madrid, I was very proud to see him score in the CL final and win a medal. I can't believe you would slate a true LIV player who is a legend at the club.
__________________
L I V... E R P... Double O L... LIVERPOOL FC
balstino is offline  
Old 23-06-2006, 10:38   #24
movaado
XBL: movaado
 
movaado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Chatham, Kent, UK
Posts: 4,452
Thanks: 102
Thanked 49 Times in 44 Posts
Kenny Miller or Bellamy? I know which one I'd rather have

Bellamy has history but 6 million is a bargain for someone with his goal record, we have been needing a proven premiership goal scoring player up front since Owen left. I'm sure Rafa will keep him well behaved.
movaado is offline  
Old 23-06-2006, 10:43   #25
balstino
Toothpick & Two Berettas
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Surrey, UK
Posts: 1,862
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by movaado
Kenny Miller or Bellamy? I know which one I'd rather have
Mate I am not joking I would take Kenny Miller in a second, you wait to see the Bad Boy's he puts in in the SPL next season!
__________________
L I V... E R P... Double O L... LIVERPOOL FC
balstino is offline  
Old 23-06-2006, 11:10   #26
stu_69
prohibido
 
stu_69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: California for now
Posts: 13,116
Thanks: 33
Thanked 232 Times in 126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by balstino
Mate I am not joking I would take Kenny Miller in a second, you wait to see the Bad Boy's he puts in in the SPL next season!
You are a very odd adult
stu_69 is offline  
Old 23-06-2006, 11:15   #27
balstino
Toothpick & Two Berettas
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Surrey, UK
Posts: 1,862
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu_69
You are a very odd adult
Ok, I state that Kenny Miller will get 20 goals for Celtic in the SPL next season. What do you say Stu, true or false?
__________________
L I V... E R P... Double O L... LIVERPOOL FC

Last edited by balstino; 23-06-2006 at 11:16.
balstino is offline  
Old 23-06-2006, 11:23   #28
stu_69
prohibido
 
stu_69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: California for now
Posts: 13,116
Thanks: 33
Thanked 232 Times in 126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by balstino
Ok, I state that Kenny Miller will get 20 goals for Celtic in the SPL next season. What do you say Stu, true or false?
I could score 20 goal for Celtic in the SPL next season.
stu_69 is offline  
Old 23-06-2006, 11:39   #29
AdamBrunt
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: UK
Posts: 25,773
Thanks: 151
Thanked 305 Times in 212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu_69
I could score 20 goal for Celtic in the SPL next season.
AdamBrunt is offline  
Old 23-06-2006, 11:40   #30
AdamBrunt
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: UK
Posts: 25,773
Thanks: 151
Thanked 305 Times in 212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by balstino
I can't believe you would slate a true LIV player who is a legend at the club.
As I said, a "legend" who denied his club any proper chance of replacing him with someone of similar quality.
AdamBrunt is offline  
Old 23-06-2006, 11:53   #31
riz1
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Durkadukastan
Posts: 8,130
Thanks: 243
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
I am with you on this one Adam - it was a very poor piece of trickery by the hitherto much-loved Shaggy
riz1 is offline  
Old 23-06-2006, 11:57   #32
stupidboyjj
Billy-bumbler
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Manchester
Posts: 472
Thanks: 4
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBrunt
As I said, a "legend" who denied his club any proper chance of replacing him with someone of similar quality.
Have a read of Robbie Fowler's book to get another viewpoint of the 'McManaman transfer', very interesting, perhaps it isn't all as clear cut as you might imagine. Pretty good book actually, occupied me for two transatlantic flights..
stupidboyjj is offline  
Old 23-06-2006, 12:15   #33
Guest 2564
YNWA
 
Guest 2564's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Kidwelly, West Wales..
Posts: 4,611
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBrunt
As I said, a "legend" who denied his club any proper chance of replacing him with someone of similar quality.
It's difficult to judge what went on behind the scenes for things to turn out as they did. Remember how people slagged Gerrard off in the past two summers over his behaviour. With the passion he's shown since I think his story of wanting to leave because he didn't feel wanted holds more true than those rumours of him wanting his big payout for joining Chlesea etc.

Do you deny the committment and quality McMannaman dispayed when he played for us? Many fans remember him in a positive light for the many things he did for the club rather than the negative way he left us....
Guest 2564 is offline  
Old 23-06-2006, 12:18   #34
balstino
Toothpick & Two Berettas
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Surrey, UK
Posts: 1,862
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well said Andy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPearce
Remember how people slagged Gerrard off in the past two summers over his behaviour. With the passion he's shown since I think his story of wanting to leave because he didn't feel wanted holds more true than those rumours of him wanting his big payout for joining Chlesea etc.
As well as Gerrard and Mcmanaman, I reckon this also applies with some extent to Owen and maybe even Fowler. Our true scouse players never want to leave really, unless it's an end of career trip to Real.
__________________
L I V... E R P... Double O L... LIVERPOOL FC
balstino is offline  
Old 23-06-2006, 12:34   #35
AdamBrunt
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: UK
Posts: 25,773
Thanks: 151
Thanked 305 Times in 212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPearce
Do you deny the committment and quality McMannaman dispayed when he played for us? Many fans remember him in a positive light for the many things he did for the club rather than the negative way he left us....
Not at all but the fact remains, Barca offered £12/13M for Shaggy but he decided to see out his contract and move for nothing (well nothing to LFC, huge signing on fee for Shaggy) to RM 12 months later.

In Gerrards case - his transfer (both times) was never going to leave LFC out of pocket.
AdamBrunt is offline  
Old 23-06-2006, 12:36   #36
AdamBrunt
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: UK
Posts: 25,773
Thanks: 151
Thanked 305 Times in 212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by balstino
As well as Gerrard and Mcmanaman, I reckon this also applies with some extent to Owen and maybe even Fowler. Our true scouse players never want to leave really, unless it's an end of career trip to Real.
I'm confused ... Rafa didn't want to sell Owen but he left anyway - to me that suggests Owen wanted to leave.
AdamBrunt is offline  
Old 23-06-2006, 12:40   #37
balstino
Toothpick & Two Berettas
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Surrey, UK
Posts: 1,862
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I seem to remember them not being very forthcoming with the offer and him waiting for it, not hearing much (a la Gerrard) and then buggering off!!

Last edited by balstino; 23-06-2006 at 12:45.
balstino is offline  
Old 23-06-2006, 12:59   #38
bruce-leroy
Servicer of old boilers
 
bruce-leroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Liv..erp...OOL Liverpool FC
Posts: 3,551
Thanks: 27
Thanked 7 Times in 3 Posts
I don't mind Bellamy joining, he's a very good forward, and I think he knows that Benitez won't stand for any bad behaviour. Rafa will also know how to sort him out in a way that Souness never could.

I'm not sure about that Dirk Kowt, he hasn't looked anything special apart from looking like a bit of a poser (doing that thing with his hands) when he passes the ball.
bruce-leroy is offline  
Old 23-06-2006, 13:01   #39
Guest 57205
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 376
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu_69
I could score 20 goal for Celtic in the SPL next season.
Awesome response
Guest 57205 is offline  
Old 23-06-2006, 13:43   #40
Deron
PS4 Gamertag: D3RONG
 
Deron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 12,565
Thanks: 55
Thanked 96 Times in 57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by balstino
No chance, will always dispise him. Hope Fowler shows him up.

We all remember your perverse love of Kenny Miller, but I also remember you wanting Mutu...

How can you villify Bellamy, yet want a confirmed druggie at the club?
__________________
"If you can't support us when we lose or draw, don't support us when we win." Bill Shankly
500px
Deron is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 21:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018 Poisonous Monkey Ltd. Part of The Digital Fix Network