Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Gadgets and Gizmos > Home Entertainment Hardware forum

Old 05-05-2005, 08:16   #1
Guest 81
Since the beginning

Sky+ FAILED recording - but I saw it recording?

Anyone know the details of why a recording fails (as opposed to part rec)? Last night the Sky+ was recording two programmes at once and I looked at the planner to check it was definitely recording (one on BBC2 and one on CH4). Then it recorded two more programmes at once straight after again on BBC2 and CH4. The first BBC2 prog was then listed as failed. I can't understand what could have caused it to fail when I saw it recording. The planner wasn't exited, so no channel changing occurred. It was put in and out of standby but that was all.

A while back it failed to record six programmes over two consecutive nights but has been fine for 3-4 weeks since. The common thread seems to be recording two programmes at once with at least one other recording following immediately. Should I fiddle with the automatic run-over settings?
Guest 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:29   #2
ajw000
Trusted User

if you press the info button while on the program that failed in the planner, it will tell you why it failed. Although most of the time it sjust says 'unknown reason'.

also-check to make sure both feeds are active by going into the system setup and check the strnegth of both feeds..

Last edited by ajw000; 05-05-2005 at 08:30.
ajw000 is offline   Reply With Quote