Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Television Discussion

Old 17-07-2003, 09:13   #1
Guest 3078
bent member

Farscape: Mini-series to wrap things up?

Keep your fingers crossed...

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/428/428875p1.html

I was a latecomer to Farscape and have only ever watched it on DVD. We're up to near the end of Season 3 now and I've been absolutely blown away by the quality of both the writing and acting. Here's hoping they can wrap the stryline up properly.
Guest 3078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2003, 09:28   #2
Guest 18344
Trusted User

mmmm doesnt look very promising imo (no obvious buyer, which is obviously what its all about) But still fingers crossed that we can get something to end the series the way it should have been. 4 part miniseries may not be long enough tho, a series was what, 22 eps (or was it 24) at about 40mins an ep so 880mins (about 17 1/2 18hours??) but def better than nothing.
Guest 18344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2003, 10:41   #3
Winner
Design Monkey

Fingers, toes, arms, legs and unmentionables crossed!!

At least Farscape's cancellation is still making the news, which can only be a good thing. It's when the rumours stop that it's time to worry.
Winner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2003, 15:26   #4
Guest 12112
The Keeper of The Beast

He did hint in an interview that he'd like to do a couple of feature length episodes to tie up loose ends, he still has the plans for the set, so the only problem he'll have is to get the money together to rebuild the set.
Guest 12112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2003, 15:41   #5
Guest 10252
indestructible

just seen this at www.savefarscape.com

Quote:
Re: The IGN Article?

IGN published an article on the web yesterday hinting that an announcement may be made concerning Farscape at ComicCon this weekend. Save Farscape staff have spent considerable time and energy trying to substantiate the information in this article, but as of yet have not found any solid, reputable proof (and for big news, that would be a direct announcement from the executive producers) of the alleged announcement.
We love wonderful news, but in the absence of facts, it's not news. We will have to wait until the panel at ComicCon to see what is up before we print a news story. We have staff at the convention (please drop by our table!) and will post any news as soon as we have it, and are certain it's true. Scapers deserve nothing less than the whole truth!

Meanwhile, keep up the grand work and stay tuned!
OO
Guest 10252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2003, 13:02   #6
Mozley
Comin' in yer ears

BUMP!

http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial...70355&sub_id=0

Coming Attractions says that Ben Browder, speaking at the aformentioned San Diego Comic Convention, has said that the 4-hour mini-series is "a possibility". He is being very guarded about it as plans are obviously in very early stages, but it appears that the plans are indeed afoot!!

Fingers crossed, touch wood, etc. God I hope this happens!!
Mozley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2003, 13:11   #7
Guest 18344
Trusted User

dont wanna get my hopes up, cos it wont happen, but ts a nice idea (and i'm gonna be walking around with every possible extremity crossed for a while!)
Guest 18344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2003, 13:12   #8
Guest 10252
indestructible

Quote:
Originally posted by Mozley
BUMP!

http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial...70355&sub_id=0

Coming Attractions says that Ben Browder, speaking at the aformentioned San Diego Comic Convention, has said that the 4-hour mini-series is "a possibility". He is being very guarded about it as plans are obviously in very early stages, but it appears that the plans are indeed afoot!!

Fingers crossed, touch wood, etc. God I hope this happens!!
reading a review of the con the other day & ben did say that he'd rung hensons after hearing about the rumour & to ask them if a comment could be made about it & hensons said no!

read what you will into that but until i hear from the horses mouth (david kemper) then i'll keep me fingers crossed.

hensons have always said that they're commited to carrying on farscape in some form or other. & that they are very greatfull for all the pressure the fans have put on companies like the sci-fi channel, & that by doing this, this series can be bought to the end that the writers & the fans desired.

a site with some pictures from the con here

OO

Last edited by Captain Scarlet; 22-07-2003 at 13:36.
Guest 10252 is offline   Reply With Quote