Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Television Discussion

Old 19-11-2005, 13:38   #41
Harsin

Can't get sound on the media player version and I'm buggered if I'm going to install RealPlayer on my system.
Harsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2005, 13:55   #42
John Hodson
Out to lunch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadKenny
Kind of reminds me of Patrick Troughton's first episode (for those who've seen the few surviving clips or the edited together version from stills and clips)...
...or who were there. And yes it did; this was just a teaser trailer for the Christmas special essentially wasn't it? It's got to start with this or those that didn't watch CiN (raises hand...) will be a tad confused.
John Hodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2005, 13:58   #43
Guest 36715
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsin
Can't get sound on the media player version and I'm buggered if I'm going to install RealPlayer on my system.
I've got a quicktime mp4 version on my home pc, if that helps, ill post it up sometime tonight.

Last edited by rua; 19-11-2005 at 13:59.
Guest 36715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2005, 14:36   #44
Harsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rua
I've got a quicktime mp4 version on my home pc, if that helps, ill post it up sometime tonight.
Don't post it on here, copyright infringement and all that.
Harsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2005, 11:42   #45
Guest 36715
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsin
Don't post it on here, copyright infringement and all that.
I forgot about that because it was already available on online. My bad.
Old 21-11-2005, 12:05   #46
Guest 20854
Banned

I have to confess that I was pretty plastered by the time it came on and as such my memories of it are pretty hazy!

However what i can remember is a solid enough start from DT. He'll take some getting used to as usual, but that's the fun of it.

Bit mystified as to why people feel there was stuff in it that's vital to the understanding of the next episode - surely all that needs to happen is the TARDIS lands, Doctor & Rose get out, Doctor collapses and off we go? Th4 whole concept of regeneration will need to be addressed anyway, as I can't really see Jackie or Mickey taking the Doctor's change of body in their stride...

Did anyone else see DT identify himself during one of his links as ultra-obscure Scottish (ITV!) newsreader Shareen Nanjiani? We were falling off the sofa at that one (not behind it though)!
ph
Guest 20854 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2005, 13:42   #47
Guest 36715
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaboy
I have to confess that I was pretty plastered by the time it came on and as such my memories of it are pretty hazy!

However what i can remember is a solid enough start from DT. He'll take some getting used to as usual, but that's the fun of it.

Bit mystified as to why people feel there was stuff in it that's vital to the understanding of the next episode - surely all that needs to happen is the TARDIS lands, Doctor & Rose get out, Doctor collapses and off we go? Th4 whole concept of regeneration will need to be addressed anyway, as I can't really see Jackie or Mickey taking the Doctor's change of body in their stride...

Did anyone else see DT identify himself during one of his links as ultra-obscure Scottish (ITV!) newsreader Shareen Nanjiani? We were falling off the sofa at that one (not behind it though)!
ph
Yeah, thats on the webcast version of the clip, right at the end, theres others that have billie and david introducing themselves as other people.
Old 21-11-2005, 15:43   #48
Guest 20854
Banned

Ratings info:

10.3 million people saw David Tennant's full debut as the Doctor. Admittedly, 8 million of them had tuned in to see Peter Andre and Jordon sing their lovely song, but there you go...

ph
Guest 20854 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2005, 23:31   #49
burn
Run fatboy, run

Didnt catch this on Friday, but it deffinately looks like its the beginning of the episode heading our way at christmas. Like others have said there is too much in that 7 minutes that is crucial to the show, plus it wasn't the average crap that they put on over CIN.

Its given me hope for the quality of the new series. Can't wait for christmas now
burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2005, 00:00   #50
Guest 32525
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn
Didnt catch this on Friday, but it deffinately looks like its the beginning of the episode heading our way at christmas. Like others have said there is too much in that 7 minutes that is crucial to the show, plus it wasn't the average crap that they put on over CIN.

Its given me hope for the quality of the new series. Can't wait for christmas now
The Christmas special could easilly begin with Rose trying to help the Doctor after the TARDIS crashed. All this does is show why the TARDIS crashed and why they're in Rose's time at Christmas. Could go either way imo.
Guest 32525 is offline   Reply With Quote